Author Topic: Partnership for New FOnline Server  (Read 9078 times)

Partnership for New FOnline Server
« on: May 18, 2014, 01:37:05 pm »
I'm looking for someone dedicated to start a new project with me. I would do the programming and you would do mapping, story-telling and if possible GFX in-game and for forums, advertising etc.  :D

I have played all the Fallout games and I'm a big fan of the series. I've been playing FOnline 2238 but never did I play FOnline TLA. I know HTML, CSS, MySQL, PHP, Ruby, Java, C, C#, C++ (Angelscript) and some other languages. I'm able to communicate fluently in the English language.

My biggest weaknesses would be that I tend to jump between projects if I get bored and I also suck at design. If you want to discuss this matter further with me please do not hesitate to contact me via Skype;

zircon.hosting

Thanks in advance, Regards

JovankaB

Re: Partnership for New FOnline Server
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:13:28 pm »
Out of curiosity, why not join one of existing projects?

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 03:18:52 pm »
I guess that's why you sent me a request. Something about your company name sounds familiar. Maybe we were friends on Skype before? I don't really accept friends invites from randoms anymore, that's why I denied your request.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:23:07 pm by raynor009 »

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:31 pm »

Or create a new scripts or tutorials about scripts for begginers. :D

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »

I think I will. I got in touch with one of the projects found.  ;)

I guess that's why you sent me a request. Something about your company name sounds familiar. Maybe we were friends on Skype before? I don't really accept friends invites from randoms anymore, that's why I denied your request.

Yes, you've had me on my Skype. It's okay if you don't want to cooperate with me.  :)

Or create a new scripts or tutorials about scripts for begginers. :D

I'm actually great at teaching so there would be a possiblity for that. There's also a lack of documentation regarding FOnline. Anyways, I'll consider it.  :)

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 06:06:37 am »
I would do the programming and you would do mapping, story-telling...
Heh, that's the opposite of how it usually is. Not that that's a bad thing, quite the opposite. Good luck with whatever project you contacted.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 04:35:46 am »
*** STILL LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO START A NEW PROJECT WITH ***

I would like to denounce the hypothesis of me joining another project. The reason is simple but human. Even though FOnline AoP surely will be a great success and that a cooperation would be a possibility I have to deny the invitation. I am contacting the authors behind AoP about this.

The reason is that I felt unmotivated to join a project this late in the process and I simply want to explore the SDK on my own. I feel encouraged to spend a lot of time and effort on this and I am excited to find every corner of the SDK. I want to find a partner (preferably good at design and who is familiar with the Fallout franchise) which has no knowledge or interest in the programming part.

I am willing to give it a shot, even though it's a shot in the dark. I know that a brighter option would be to join an already existing project. I also know that by cooperation you develop essential skills and get different inputs. This is why I'm calling the reason human. It might be a stupid choice of me, but I'm only a human being and I am determined to do whatever I can to actually succeed in one way or another.

Success can come in many forms, one of the main reasons why I am doing this project of mine is simply to develop my programming skills. So even if I never release anything I'm still going to develop further skills. With this being said,

I am dedicated and believe in my abilities when it comes to programming. I have been writing code for many years and so far I have not been lost anywhere in the code of FOnline. The "code" is what I refer to as the collection of scripts that the FOnline server uses. I feel comfortable with all the other programs related as well and so far I have knowledge related to;

• The main script and all its includes.
  • Server and configuration related to it.
  • Client and configuration related to it.
  • Mapper & Dialogs with vars/funcs.

Things I have done so far include a script where you can collect rocks + wood and create your own fireplace with an appropriate animation + sound linked to it when built, a big compilation of different NPCs with interactive and meaningful dialogs, lots of mapping with interactivity using functions found in modules, a system to light the built fireplaces and of course a few utils and modifications of a few systems like the replication and more.

I am yet exploring the possibilities of the SDK provided and I look forward to invite someone with a great interest in the Fallout franchise who is willing to aid me in terms of design, as it is one of my weakest points. If I find a person like that I would be even more interested in this project of mine.

Please contact me here using PM or add me on Skype;
zircon.hosting

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions about my choice or anything else related to this post. I am open for discussion and if you do not match my description I strongly recommend that you contact me anyway with any offer or ideas that you have. I look forward to talk with anyone who is interested in taking a part of this or people who otherwise want to discuss the matter further. Over and out.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:03 am »
The reason is that I felt unmotivated to join a project this late in the process and I simply want to explore the SDK on my own. I feel encouraged to spend a lot of time and effort on this and I am excited to find every corner of the SDK.
That's the spirit! Working on FOnline always have been more fun than actually playing it, so i can perfectly understand reasons behind this. Hope you'll find someone and start your own adventure.
Good luck! :)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 12:25:55 pm »
I kinda disagree with your choice and I think it's counterproductive. I believe you're missing a real opportunity and might regret it later. I'm a bit sad because that'll probably lead you nowhere and at the end you'll probably be one of those many guys that disappear after a couple of days/weeks when bored of toying with stuff here and there, and that's another waste of potential (but after all, it was the case 95% of the time with Fallout mods and people involved so far).

But I respect your decision. After all as you said, that's a human choice. So, I wish you the best of lucks and all the courage in the world with your initiatives and hope to see you around! If you change your mind or got any issues unsolved, our door remains opened for help.

Have fun developing FOnline!

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 01:03:10 pm »
That's the spirit! Working on FOnline always have been more fun than actually playing it, so i can perfectly understand reasons behind this. Hope you'll find someone and start your own adventure.
Good luck! :)

This is exactly what I mean, thank you so much for your support. :)

I kinda disagree with your choice and I think it's counterproductive. I believe you're missing a real opportunity and might regret it later. I'm a bit sad because that'll probably lead you nowhere and at the end you'll probably be one of those many guys that disappear after a couple of days/weeks when bored of toying with stuff here and there, and that's another waste of potential (but after all, it was the case 95% of the time with Fallout mods and people involved so far).

But I respect your decision. After all as you said, that's a human choice. So, I wish you the best of lucks and all the courage in the world with your initiatives and hope to see you around! If you change your mind or got any issues unsolved, our door remains opened for help.

Have fun developing FOnline!

You're probably right, but I have to agree with Wipe, the greatest part isn't releasing what you've made but the actual journey up to that point. I'm thankful that you leave a door open if I were to need assistance. I'm sure I will have lots of fun and develop new skills from this project of mine. Thank you.  :)

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 08:37:16 pm »
Hey man, some people have idea to make FOnline coop with Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 or even both storyline. What do you think? :D There dialogs, so only work to do is recreating them.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 09:02:13 pm »
Hey man, some people have idea to make FOnline coop with Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 or even both storyline. What do you think? :D There dialogs, so only work to do is recreating them.

I'm more into a MMO actually rather than a CO-OP version of the game. Was this just a general question or an actual offer of cooperation? You would have to do more than just creating dialogs, a CO-OP version would require just as much effort as a completely new MMO.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 11:05:28 am »
So, what exactly should be done?

- Dialogs/quests with variables - it can be copy, paste from orginal files but needed create variables
- New game respawn in Arroyo's temple
- Special encounter with Frank Horrigan
- More scripts for quests similar to Den church

What's more?

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:01 pm »
So, what exactly should be done?

- Dialogs/quests with variables - it can be copy, paste from orginal files but needed create variables
- New game respawn in Arroyo's temple
- Special encounter with Frank Horrigan
- More scripts for quests similar to Den church

What's more?

All the quest systems and other systems that are included in Fallout but not in FOnline. Surely putting everything together would require quite some effort. I rather begin a new chapter in the franchise.

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 10:39:19 am »
Ok I see so what are you going to do? I hope you will not create next 2238/TLA clone but something unique. 8)