Author Topic: Wierd problem  (Read 1802 times)

Wierd problem
« on: April 27, 2014, 10:25:27 am »
I have been having a strange problem very recently on my build of the SDK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ7U-2tk4l0

I tried restarting computer, wiping the server, downloading a brand new SDK (in the video) from the 2238 repository, I also tried a few of clients, including the one with the server package, and Reloaded client (which I used to use with no problems). Anyone have any idea what this is? This happens all the time now, just started happening today, was playing my server yesterday just fine.

This does not happen on FOnline2, FOnline: Reloaded OR FOnline: Requiem. Only servers that I host. And YES my ports are forwarded.

Re: Wierd problem
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »
I have no idea why you get this problem, maybe you change something with server scripts or maybe try use FOnline.exe instead of FOnlineGL.exe

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »
Like I said, I tried with a brand-new SDK as well as my own source. I also just tried FOnline.exe and FOnlineGL.exe - No dice.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 05:03:44 pm »
Haha, at least one of these special effects looks familiar :)

Not so sure about it, but do you run more than 1 client at once? Maybe some previous client process in background (which closed its window but stay "alive")? Or anything else that could trigger client's multiple windows protection?
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
Not that I know of. I'll check again.

And, well, today it seems to have stopped. Maybe you were right about the two processes - if this happens again I'll check to see if there's two running.

Edit: Do you think maybe the game thinks the server software is another instance of FOnline.exe?

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:51:02 am »
In theory it may be reason if both have same window name - it can be changed via config file (WindowName setting)
Games are meant to be created, not played...