Author Topic: PNG to FRM  (Read 4064 times)

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
PNG to FRM
« on: March 24, 2014, 03:13:57 am »
how would I do this?

I tried a program I downloaded from NMA form but makes the picture come out without color. and white :P

Back In-Game :D

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: PNG to FRM
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:04:36 am »
Only bmp to frm, nothing else will give you good results. But why do you want to use frm anyway? The FOnline engine doesn't need them.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:04:43 pm »
Only bmp to frm, nothing else will give you good results. But why do you want to use frm anyway? The FOnline engine doesn't need them.
'What I'm trying to do is replace 2 FRM files with PNG/BMP, but it won't read them and still keeps the same FRM file.
Back In-Game :D

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:01:39 pm »
If this is for a client side mod (and you don't have access to the server files), then the filename must be the same. So if it's FRM, it has to stay FRM - you have to convert the graphics.

I don't have anything for PNG, but I found 2 tools in my Dropbox archive with names that suggest they might do the job for BMP and GIF:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3880395/bmpfrm.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3880395/gif2frm.zip

Don't ask me how to use them, I never used it. I don't even know if it works. It's probably command line tools.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 12:48:24 am »
You can check TeamX utils too, i'm sure there is something what may be useful.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:04:25 am »
The best solution would be to convert PNGs to GIFs or 256-color BMPs and then use Frame Animator to make FRMs. You will have to apply Fallout's color palette to GIFs before conversion.