Author Topic: I'm back with some questions  (Read 1855 times)

I'm back with some questions
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:28:21 pm »
  Well, I tried making my own server but as I'm sure literally everyone expected, it didn't work out. The only thing I can really do to contribute to a FOnline project is ideas (you know, those things you can get at the store for 10 cents per dozen?) and to try out map making, since I have no programming knowledge. I've tried programming and it's just far too complex for an idiot like myself. I had someone show interest who has programming knowledge, but we don't really have enough team members and we don't really agree on getting rid of the full loot feature (which is understandable in an MMORPG with so few items). I'm not sure how active he is on Skype anymore anyways.

Now I know most people are thinking that getting rid of the full loot feature was a stupid idea anyways, but hear me out. I planned the repair system to be similar to Fallout 3 and New Vegas, where identical or similar items are required to repair an item. So the problem of the world becoming so full of gear that they become worthless and very common is removed. I also planned it that you only keep certain items on death, not your full inventory. I was thinking your equipped weapons and armor would be kept, or just the equipped weapons (as well as any ammunition loaded into a firearm, but none from their inventory). So there is still a fear of death, which I'm sure is why people like full loot to begin with. So, that was my idea behind it, in case anyone was wondering why I thought of something so silly sounding to begin with.

Here are my questions:
1. Is there anyone willing to help me with this project if I try and contribute with map making?
2. If not, and I only ask this since I've been gone for awhile, have there been any servers launched that have the full loot feature removed or altered to my personal preference?

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you have done so. I sincerely apologize if I have posted this in the incorrect section.

Re: I'm back with some questions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:04:14 pm »
The basic problem I see is that you're all about removing full loot. That idea is too radical to have any chance to be implemented on any of the current servers as a suggestion, but at the same time it's not something you can base a complete game on.

Even if you took the 2238 sdk and implement the changes you have outlined here, nobody would want to play it anyway as there are better alternatives available.

Re: I'm back with some questions
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:25:37 pm »
Good point, though I don't mean to act as if I'm all about removing the feature. It's just that that's one of the biggest changes I had in mind, that's all.