Author Topic: Van Buren  (Read 75443 times)

JovankaB

Re: Van Buren
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2014, 10:18:37 am »
It's not a matter of dirtying stuff up but working on own painting technique. It's easier said than done.
I would advise to stick to more landscape-like stuff with distant figures like in the first picture. I think it
has better colors and composition overall too. The colors in the first one are less saturated and less
"basic" (for example the street mark isn't bright white but slightly yellowish) and it doesn't have this
annoying VB mark in the corner. If you want to put a logo there, it should be much smaller, right now
it's too prominent IMHO.

Right now the picture is in order of importance:

1. The rider
2. The Vb Mark
999. The second rider, barely there - anyone missed him?

And I think it should rather be:
1. The rider
2. The second rider
3. The Vb mark
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:59:57 am by JovankaB »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2014, 11:50:10 am »
Or crop the image so you won't see the head of the dude in front.

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2014, 04:49:10 pm »
I think those elements stand out because the picture is saturated. I'll desaturate it of course. And VB logo was added only as an ad, it won't be in the game.
Anyway, I've sent your feedback to KJ. We'll see what she'll make of it - she has an artistic style of her own which is very cool! And just wait till you see her town maps! :) ::drool::

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »
Don't get me wrong, or any of us for that matter; in a fan developed free-of-charge game based on the Fallout 1/2 setting loading screens like yours are great. It's just the discussion about what the game could become (i.e. the potential), partially also what we would want to see (i.e. the wishes).

You don't have unlimited resources at your disposal, so you can't push it over the limit forever. That said, the loading screens are quite nice the way they already look like, send KJ greetings from us ;) (I hope she'll be experimenting with more different styles during the development).

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2014, 06:47:26 pm »
Ah, don't worry about me. I'm into inspirational speaking so my Ego doesn't get hurt when people give feedback no matter how harsh it is. I want to hear everything from you guys so we can better understand our fans and act accordingly. We are making this game for fans after all  8)

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2014, 09:27:20 pm »
By gamers for gamers  or by mutants for mutants, hehehe ;)

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »
Look at these feral Glowing Ones ganging up upon our hero! Good thing they're statless so they can't hit him ;)

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2014, 08:56:59 pm »
You gonna name them 'endless walkers'?

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2014, 09:23:32 pm »
Good question, I have to see that with our writers if all feral ghouls are gonna be endless walkers or just those from the Reservation.

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2014, 07:25:35 pm »
Nice looking ghouls and location :)

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2014, 05:22:04 pm »
Sometimes I descend down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon to loot ancient uranium mines. But sometimes I drop everything and run for my life...

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2014, 09:58:40 pm »
Nice one 8)

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2014, 08:43:11 am »
Hmmm, new scenery, looks great! :) I like the idea of running away and saving your boots rather than to steamroll through maps, especially if there's a good reason for that...

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »
How is development progress? Do you work on something special, antyhing interesting for share with us? ;)

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2014, 12:09:53 pm »
We're working on making the project open source but we're having the issue with transferring the files to Source forge. Can anyone assist us?