Author Topic: Show Hex Grid  (Read 3547 times)

Show Hex Grid
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:46:29 am »
Anyone knows if there was this kind of feature implemented on any server?
" ... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you ... " - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://forum.newfmc.pl/ - Nieoficjalne 'Polskie Pustkowia'

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Show Hex Grid
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:03:31 am »
That reminds me... It would be cool to see the hex grid showing you how far you can walk with your current action points and maybe even color them depending on the amount of action points using your current weapon needs.

As example, if you have 10ap in total, you see the hex grid distance for 10ap. If your current weapon needs 5ap to be used, the first 5 hex grids will be colored in green (or any other color), showing you the remaining move distance before / after using the weapon.

Though this only makes most sense in turn based combat.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 05:49:46 am »
I was thinking of something like this.

But constantly on, and maybe bit less contrasting color ( gray or sth ).

But I actually had something completely diffrent in mind, imagine u swapped original red hex ( moving ) cursor with simple dot or whatever, then got rid of hardcoded jumping, and  voila u have decent modern moving mechanics in fonline. Just a though I stumbled upon this after playing fonline on virtual machine which was set on 'always show cursor' mode on, so I saw actual red hex from moving and windows cursor with actual mouse position so I could precisely navigate my char.
" ... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you ... " - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://forum.newfmc.pl/ - Nieoficjalne 'Polskie Pustkowia'

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 11:10:12 am »
But I actually had something completely diffrent in mind, imagine u swapped original red hex ( moving ) cursor with simple dot or whatever, then got rid of hardcoded jumping, and  voila u have decent modern moving mechanics in fonline.

I'm not sure if I understood what you mean by "hardcoded jumping", but if you mean getting rid of grid-based movement, then I'm afraid it's too deeply incorporated into the engine. You would have to modify the engine source code and it probably wouldn't be some simple change.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:26:01 am by b__B »