Author Topic: [Help] Faction names are not working  (Read 2991 times)

[Help] Faction names are not working
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:08 am »
When I try to enter a faction name from the factions list none of them work I have tried at least 10 different ones from the faction names list is there something I am doing wrong?

The base seller just dosen't accept any of the names

Re: [Help] Faction names are not working
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 12:29:37 am »
¿Will that invalidate previous action (like a wipe)?

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 12:43:11 am »
If you use a program like Tortoise SVN, you should be able to just update the changed parts without reverting the rest of the package.

I think the only thing Atom changed to make the faction names work was the .gitattributes file in the main "trunk" repository. He commented one line. You can look on github and see what was changed, and then just copy-paste the changes to the file if you don't have an repository program.

Not sure if that's what you're asking, but hope it helps.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:22:34 am by Ganado »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:45:39 am »
thanks for the help guys
is there somewhere im meant to put the .gitattributes file?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:00:55 pm by Outlawries »

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 04:37:21 pm »
Put the updated file where your old file is. The structure is shown here: https://github.com/rotators/fo2238 - .gitattributes is the first file that isn't a folder. Or just copy-paste the code that I have in my previous post into .gitattributes (the only thing that's changed is one commented line).
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:03:40 am »
Ok it all works now thank you.  :)