Author Topic: [Help] Tutorial Fonline SDK  (Read 4345 times)

[Help] Tutorial Fonline SDK
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:11:16 am »
Hello, I´m spanish so I´ll have a lot of mistakes. But I think it would be easy to understand.

Well, the question is simple. Anyone knows about an english tutorial of Fonline SDK? I want to start, but I don´t know absolutely nothing about it (I have already dowloaded it).

Re: [Help] Tutorial Fonline SDK
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:58:16 am »
There are a few in this very section of the forum.

Here's the basics:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,12198.0.html
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,12249.0.html

There is a lot of useful information in this thread as well:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,8776.0.html

Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:24 am »
Thanks!!! (Let´s work)

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 03:31:09 am »
Another question. How can I edit the maps and create quests?, (I´m trying to do a little story to play online with my friends)

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:29:11 am »
Use Mapper to edit maps. In mapper console *new to make new map ~[mapename] to load it,
^[mapname] to save. There should be readme in the mapper folder, in Russian. Making quests
is more complex, quest can involve any aspect of development, from dialogs, mapping to scripting,
finally even making some additional graphics and sounds. There is no single recipe for it. The simplest
quest require some dialog at least, so check out DialogEditor. SDK is poorly documented though, so
you have to be very persistent in learning if you want to do anything with it.

Offline wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:16:46 am »
In Docs directory there you will find BuildEn.cmd. Run it and if successful, English documentation should be generated in Docs/output dir - FOnlineEn.chm. There you should find most of what you need to know. ;)

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:08 am »
In Docs directory there you will find BuildEn.cmd. Run it and if successful, English documentation should be generated in Docs/output dir - FOnlineEn.chm. There you should find most of what you need to know. ;)

Wat.

All this time...
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:30:29 am »
BuildEn.cmd and BuildEnCHM.cmd says that build is not recognized as a program. I can't see to get it to generate the .chm file.

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 09:47:28 am »
The "documentation" won't help you much with Mapper, it's FOnline scripting API and even
what is there - there is little to no real description in English of it. Calling it documentation
sounds like a bad joke :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:49:25 am by JovankaB »