"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 06, 2024, 03:56:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132502 times)

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
Re: The End
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2013, 01:13:20 am »

I`ll try with 1500 then post result (Making Gun Runners deliveries till 1000 then muties quest)...oh wait no time for that anymore...

I would like to know if there is something rare (armor? weapon? anything?) inside Vault City underground facility, has anybody scouted there? Is it possible to get inside peacefully?
I started investigating, but i realized it would take too long time...

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #496 on: June 22, 2013, 02:44:47 am »

Wow, 1/5th chance to get a vindicator through doing that, that would've been fun.

Well, while were on the topic of game mechanics that have no point to be a secret anymore...

Can a dev please list the things that Luck affects? For example, does it have any affect in finding types of encounters (not talking about special).

Can a dev list the special things that can be randomly found on cave floors? Is it still possible to find the dead bluesuit with ~300 caps in it (I found this one in 2010, haven't found it since)?

I would like to know if there is something rare (armor? weapon? anything?) inside Vault City underground facility, has anybody scouted there? Is it possible to get inside peacefully?
I'm pretty sure a faction got into that some session ago, and there was nothing there. No it's not possible through peaceful measures as far as I can tell/remember. Though I guess this doesn't answer your question because it very well could've changed.

Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #497 on: June 22, 2013, 05:10:04 am »

Last day tomorrow :(

I always wanted the perfect companion but I never found her/him
Back In-Game :D

JovankaB

« Reply #498 on: June 22, 2013, 07:04:01 am »

Dishonest Abe, I think listing all things that luck affects would be a lot of work.

Stuff in caves - every item you can find there requires some minimal luck to have a chance to spawn (most things require luck >= 1 or 3). Most of the items which can be found in caves are not worth listing. From interesting things which can't be obtained in any other way there is louisville slugger (luck >= 5) and access card (luck >= 1). Dead bluesuit sounds like some GM prank or a player.

From strange little things you might not know about -

- Beside normal items lost in encounters, there is a small chance to find a gold tooth or a decomposing body when digging a grave. There is only one gold tooth in the server now, so I suppose the chance was a bit too low.

- You can use folded tent right away in the "A tent in the wasteland" quest location after the family leaves, which will give you tent with a large tree.

- Try fixing town well in Adytum instead of water pump after taking quest, Montag will comment it. It was added after a player reported "broken quest" - it turned out he was trying to fix the town well instead of water pump.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:01:35 am by JovankaB »

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #499 on: June 22, 2013, 09:02:54 am »

Was the "Ghost" in Hub some kind of deves prank? Or maybe this had some hidden function?
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2013, 11:31:31 am »

So... The End.

I thought I had 1 more day, but I was not taking Time Zones into account.

Still not enough to finish emptying the bases and tents, but I got close.

I should have spent those 2 weeks doing nothing but bomb-making.
Hopefully this time the bombs wont be nerfed vs. WM arming.
Last time it made the whole thing into a BG-only game.

Too tired to make WM messages with tents.

Perhaps the devs could just spell some things out with lines of locations.

"Fonline2238 RIP", etc.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #501 on: June 22, 2013, 01:28:39 pm »

Oh well, I had fun these few years. It was gonna die by people anyway.

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #502 on: June 22, 2013, 01:40:16 pm »

Thanks for the explanation on the item spawning

Stuff in caves - every item you can find there requires some minimal luck to have a chance to spawn (most things require luck >= 1 or 3). Most of the items which can be found in caves are not worth listing. From interesting things which can't be obtained in any other way there is louisville slugger (luck >= 5) and access card (luck >= 1). Dead bluesuit sounds like some GM prank or a player.
Actually, I think it was a skeleton inv in the far back of the cave (as in, the skeleton that's at v13) and I'm pretty sure it wasn't spawned there by some GM... watching... me, especially with the seemingly random number of caps in it, but it's fine, probably would need to ask whoever first made the code if it was important.

Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #503 on: June 22, 2013, 02:16:45 pm »

I will miss you.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #504 on: June 22, 2013, 02:43:37 pm »

Was the "Ghost" in Hub some kind of deves prank? Or maybe this had some hidden function?
If that's about transparent npc(s), that was abuse trick by one of GMs. From technical point of view, it was a normal blocker item, (with blocking flag unset?), and with graphic changed to same as used by characters (there's also explanation why they was facing north-east; command which allowed to set custom graphic, didn't had option to set which directon should be used for item, so it always was set to 0, which engine takes for NE set). Transparency was "discovered" by accident, by playing with item color settings, which had to be set in raw form (RGB packed into one long number).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:45:28 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Dick McGee

• Pocket inspector
« Reply #505 on: June 22, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »

Sorry if this has been asked already, but when specifically is the shutdown event starting, around 4pm (16:00) CET or so? I'm in US EST and I plan on trying to attend.
« Reply #506 on: June 22, 2013, 04:52:09 pm »

Sorry if this has been asked already, but when specifically is the shutdown event starting, around 4pm (16:00) CET or so? I'm in US EST and I plan on trying to attend.
There is a countdown clock at the top of the page.

JovankaB

« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2013, 05:12:36 pm »

The counter is wrong unless you live in the timezone of the server (CEST/UTC+2).
The server will end tomorrow in late evening hours, maybe around midnight, maybe a bit earlier.

Dick McGee

• Pocket inspector
« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2013, 05:41:37 pm »

The counter is wrong unless you live in the timezone of the server (CEST/UTC+2).
The server will end tomorrow in late evening hours, maybe around midnight, maybe a bit earlier.

Alright then, so according to this site

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20130623T13&p1=43&p2=262

I could get on around 1pm EST and it will be 7pm CEST, and 6pm my time would be midnight in Warsaw. I just really want to make sure I don't miss all the final goodbyes and whatnot.

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2013, 05:44:27 pm »

Server is based in boston and didn't blow up  :o
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 23 queries.