"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 02, 2024, 03:27:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132193 times)

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
Re: The End
« Reply #420 on: June 14, 2013, 02:27:19 pm »

thanks for the good time.
« Reply #421 on: June 14, 2013, 02:28:59 pm »

This was expected. With no safe zones and folks grouping up to kill anyone new who tried the game out, did the community actually expect enough new people to start playing and paying the bills?

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #422 on: June 14, 2013, 02:55:09 pm »

This was expected. With no safe zones and folks grouping up to kill anyone new who tried the game out, did the community actually expect enough new people to start playing and paying the bills?
IMO, this is the only valid reason, why server is being shutdown. Game itself is great, just the majority of old player became haters and expected too much from this we-do-it-in-our-free-time project.
« Reply #423 on: June 14, 2013, 04:46:05 pm »

It’s why I quit.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #424 on: June 14, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »

IMO, this is the only valid reason, why server is being shutdown. Game itself is great, just the majority of old player became haters and expected too much from this we-do-it-in-our-free-time project.

From start of this session was tc system broken, fast relog broken - half of players left after first months maybe 1-2 months. Gangs which remain there split to nonbalanced alliances and after less pvp start to hunt players everywhere. Economy system was shame cause if you have tc locker and good gang you can easily buy everything in all shops. After all of it left only players hiding on south somewhere around Junktown and NCR. And when they show somewhere on north they will by killed with hardly gained equip for them - ghost towns. Problem was that there isnt any goal in this game. For what fight? For few screens, some video? Fight for equip, if you have tons of it. Live like hammster on fully base and craft, craft craft more for... for what? Or play for funn? Yes that is it, all games are about funn. I can hace funn from some screens, i can have funn from easy gain of equip, from crafting, but for how long? This game all the time needed some goals, funn like new quests, interesting farm locations and mainly interaction between players! Its great game but still on beginning of development, its still beta...

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2013, 05:01:50 pm »

Funny moment was, when all hardly obtain some bp for ca, devs made new update with armors over 50%. Farming was advanced against hard crafting.

Urlag

• Overspasted
« Reply #426 on: June 14, 2013, 05:20:12 pm »

We made a short movie, in honour of the game, maybe someone would take a look:

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29287.0.html

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #427 on: June 14, 2013, 05:21:49 pm »

Funny moment was, when all hardly obtain some bp for ca, devs made new update with armors over 50%. Farming was advanced against hard crafting.

yeah, its like when players asked to improve the game, but devs nerfed it and now server is dying :o
« Reply #428 on: June 14, 2013, 05:27:38 pm »

Quote from: A Traitor
Quote from: A Traitor
It’s why I quit.

There are safe zones - tents and bases, also guarded towns if you're carefull. And people killing newbies? Thats what made the game interesting and challenging for me at the begining. It was hard to survive and learn the ropes and get basic equipment, as it should be when you live in a wasteland.

So the same thing that made you quit is what many people liked

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #429 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:19 pm »

Let's bribe the developers with cheap alcohol and some caps to keep FOnline: 2238 alive.

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #430 on: June 14, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »

Big thx to devs for this great ride which FO2238 was for me.
With no exaggeration I can honestly say  - FO2238 gave me the best gaming experiances in my whole "gaming life".
Thx again for all those milions of hours from ur free time u spent in order to create and maintain the server!
Thx to my enemies for many, many hours of entertainment and competition. Cheers to all TurnBase players out there! :>
Nothing is eternal.
« Reply #431 on: June 14, 2013, 07:58:14 pm »

There are safe zones - tents and bases, also guarded towns if you're carefull. And people killing newbies? Thats what made the game interesting and challenging for me at the begining. It was hard to survive and learn the ropes and get basic equipment, as it should be when you live in a wasteland.

So the same thing that made you quit is what many people liked
Sorry, but it just wasn’t worth the stress. I did get a tent- And got followed back to it within 2 hours, killed right then and there (FROM one of those “safe” areas, BTW), and looted.
Maybe 1° simpler/easier/whatever you wanna call in one element of play could have made a difference, but that didn’t happen so I move on.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #432 on: June 14, 2013, 09:54:12 pm »

Let's bribe the developers with cheap alcohol and some caps to keep FOnline: 2238 alive.
They already said that they will not keep it online because they just can't put up with the
yeah, its like when players asked to improve the game, but devs nerfed it and now server is dying :o
« Reply #433 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02:13 pm »

Sorry, but it just wasn’t worth the stress. I did get a tent- And got followed back to it within 2 hours, killed right then and there (FROM one of those “safe” areas, BTW), and looted.
Maybe 1° simpler/easier/whatever you wanna call in one element of play could have made a difference, but that didn’t happen so I move on.

Just like college, not everyone was meant to play FOnline.

In the example described above, YOU brought your killer to your tent. Most of us shrug it off and watch the party list for followers after that, not quit.

The volume at which someone complains rarely corresponds with the validity of their complaint....
Iguana Pete's sister

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #434 on: June 14, 2013, 10:08:50 pm »

wasteland is harsh in other words, but the game stood tall against it, even wasteland couldnt claim the game, so i think it was devs who helped... :(
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.