"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 06, 2024, 11:58:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132516 times)

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: The End
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2013, 07:26:26 pm »

This is what one of my faction mates said about TLAmk2 (translated from barbarian to engrish):
"Out of curiosity i looked up a few videos, the leveling clac, perks and some items for TLAmk2, and there is no way that I will ever play that garbage.Over there every retard has over 700hp,what the fuck? The weapons are some over exotic small penis compensating spalsh damage mess, qwasi nuclear space thingies and <untranslatable cuss word>.Exp is given out on quests by the 1000s

Taking the fact that the name of the game is "the life after" it has none of the "post apocalyptic" feel.They stuffed in a shitload of new weapons and useless doo hickeys with hitpoints reaching the skies so idiots can shoot at eachother all day long.The game is made especially for PvP 12 year old kids."

I lol'd, because it'd take you about 3 hours in game to learn that:
- combat is actually more lethal than on 2013 2238, because the new weapons counteract the amount of hitpoints;
- quests are complicated enough and repeatable enough to allow for building a finished char through doing them, and since they force player interaction instead of player-molerat interaction they immerse you into the social side of the game, which is something 99% of 2238 community has been crying for since 2009;
- PvP isn't really the focus of the game, so actually 2238 is more like a "game for idiots shooting each other all day long."

Seriously, why did you even bother posting that uninformed garbage is beyond me, yes - TLA isn't perfect, but its faults don't lie with its gameplay mechanics (which are way better than on 2238), but with the aesthetics and immersion (no "wasteland" feel, amateurish translation, new weapons, health bars, blah blah). The only gameplay mechanics that warrants criticism from a 2238 fan standpoint are overcomplicated crafting and maybe... PvP. But since 2238 devs basically killed PvP on their server, the latter point does not really apply.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:28:17 pm by Nice_Boat »

JovankaB

« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2013, 07:33:56 pm »

The PvP in Ghost Town is entertaining (except for spawn campers, but those can be dealt with), good job with that.

I'm glad that someone likes it, here is how the whole map looks like on a single screen:

I wanted to make a ruined city map that wouldn't look just like a lot of random copy/paste of generic ruined
walls from encounter Fallout maps, but like real buildings with their pre-war function still somewhat visible.

Needless to say, it was a lot of work, I think I will never try to do a map so large again, not before we
do something with the Mapper (2238 Mapper has small improvements compared to the SDK Mapper which
makes life easier a bit, but it's mostly cosmetics). In fact the map is still unfinished, the facility lacks roof,
which was supposed to be custom graphics). The whole map was supposed to be a surface part for a location
with HQ chemical components - southern suburbs of San Francisco, which are "press gang territory".
You could blast through main streets if you had enough firepower, or sneak around to get to the the facility,
but there would be gang patrols moving around so it wouldn't be that simple. Well, that was a plan, I think
the location with mobs and scripts would be ready in the summer but now it's too late ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:45:10 pm by JovankaB »

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2013, 07:37:27 pm »

I lol'd, because it'd take you about 3 hours in game to learn that:
- combat is actually more lethal than on 2013 2238, because the new weapons counteract the amount of hitpoints;
- quests are complicated enough and repeatable enough to allow for building a finished char through doing them, and since they force player interaction instead of player-molerat interaction they immerse you into the social side of the game, which is something 99% of 2238 community has been crying for since 2009;
- PvP isn't really the focus of the game, so actually 2238 is more like a "game for idiots shooting each other all day long."

Seriously, why did you even bother posting that uninformed garbage is beyond me, yes - TLA isn't perfect, but its faults don't lie with its gameplay mechanics (which are way better than on 2238), but with the aesthetics and immersion (no "wasteland" feel, amateurish translation, new weapons, health bars, blah blah). The only gameplay mechanics that warrants criticism from a 2238 fan standpoint are overcomplicated crafting and maybe... PvP. But since 2238 devs basically killed PvP on their server, the latter point does not really apply.

+1

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

reading from what wipe said, well thats exactly what happened, you started to make the game for yourselves, not for the community, and the result was so, that only you left who were playing game designed to yourself. its not entertaining anymore, you can call us trolls, spammers whatever, but when old devs made mistakes, we didint troll, we beta tested, made suggestions, they listend! and now whats left is shitty game, good memories, so im not sad that shitty game will be gone now, good memories of obt2-obt3-obt4 will always remain.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »

2238 is now maybe good for pvp arena, log in, take gear, go to action, shut it down - no quest, no crafting (remember times when you can make first levels on crafting from junk), no interaction (ghost towns). I loved 2238 cause i started there, meet good friends. But its over. I remember very old times, it was good game cause i played it for long time, had some good time there. I cant tell that i will miss this server cause i dont play there. I will miss people which dont play tla.
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2013, 07:48:17 pm »

I totally love the Ghost Town map it reminds me good old FO:Battleground you just grab a gun, armor and go fight. Surprisingly the map is suited for PE 1 builds and for builds with great perception equally. The fact that there is high-tech stuff spawning deep inside the map makes it so interesting in terms of pvp, basically everybody tries to reach the area to loot some APA, gauss pistol/rifle, pulse rifle, vindicator etc. If this was the new server just this map and a constant never ending pvp, I would be so happy, no pointless crafting, no farming just fighting. I say crafters and Mad Max wannabes keep your TLAmk2, us hardcore pvp players will find our home again  ;)
we didint troll
Especially you  :D

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:53 pm »

I'm a crafter, molerat slayer and Mad Max wannabie in 2238. Your arguments are invalid.
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2013, 09:35:53 pm »

It wad fun to farm, had good funny laughs specaily when u get killed by npc lol all the gear and items i farmed made me wanna atay alive in pvp with all hard work i put in getting items i.hope they realease codes
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:34 pm »

Sorry, but in case nobody told you TLAmk2 is significantly better in terms of crafting, molerat killing and farming. Just look at encounters, in 2238 its just desert, desert, weed, ruins, desert... on TLA you can encounter abandoned gas station, buildings, farms and so on. There are countless special locations, I remember I met my first special encounter after 1 hour of playing there. My arguments are still valid - on 2238 no pvp means no fun (unless you are discovering the game for the first time).

Just look at the server population numbers, once announced that the server ends, all crafters left only hardcore pvpers remained (quite obvious no point in hoarding stuff when it's over).

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2013, 09:56:38 pm »

Sorry, but in case nobody told you TLAmk2 is significantly better in terms of crafting, molerat killing and farming. Just look at encounters, in 2238 its just desert, desert, weed, ruins, desert... on TLA you can encounter abandoned gas station, buildings, farms and so on. There are countless special locations, I remember I met my first special encounter after 1 hour of playing there. My arguments are still valid - on 2238 no pvp means no fun (unless you are discovering the game for the first time).

Just look at the server population numbers, once announced that the server ends, all crafters left only hardcore pvpers remained (quite obvious no point in hoarding stuff when it's over).

Yes, its like winter for hammsters. Now they sleep.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2013, 10:18:05 pm »

Gentlemen, this has been a wonderful adventure.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2013, 10:28:40 pm »

Gentlemen, this has been a wonderful adventure.

Ps. I forgot pic.

Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »

but when old devs made mistakes, we didint troll

Why do you lie?
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2013, 11:08:06 pm »

Lol.kelin you even tolde u hate tla :D , im hardcore pvper :) im just stateing that i enjoyed it mate thats all everyone has there own ideas, but i say im sory to see it go, devs thank u for bringimg us this game, i agree also.kelin about the pvp thing :)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.