"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 06, 2024, 07:45:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132508 times)

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
Re: The End
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2013, 06:01:53 pm »

I just loved the intensity of fight during this alt madness, i remember some 1h30 TC, with great fireworks of plasma and frag mercs, the switching situation of fights.... + i played this game for 4 years and never see more strategic fights than during alt madness (covering spawn entrance to block reinforcement, covering tons of stuff and looter, getting out, reentering, split enemy etc etc)

It's possible with one alt, but fight just get finished in 10 min max => frustration. I remember first fight after idler, taking 3 city before enemy shown, and fucked them in 5min...

+ this idling was stupid without wipe, ok now we have enought stuff for 50 players, but we have to wait 45min for a 5min fight
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:04:06 pm by dskpnk »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2013, 06:19:02 pm »

Ye, I agree with most of others, who had great time during 2010 and before, the game was good, the devs were great, the wasteland was harsh, but nothing lasts forever. the fun ended, the game turned into shit, because of that the people stopped playing, and actually it is the people what will be missed most, at least from my side, i really had great moments with most of people, it is:

Doc Spad, hejmr, intruders, Grim, Besmertnik, Marko, Glumer, Sarakin, Florek, Janosik, bigbadmama, FEAR, Lemark, Jennaw, Kitty, Gussiplur, Adams, msh, Linnea,  all the vc citizens,  all the russian guys from Broken Hills Hunters, all the vc citizens, all the hth fighters we fought together with and against, all of them will be and are missed.
Also a thanks should be said to great gm's of the game, because of who i had a lot of great events and moments: Rusty, Nexxos, Voland, Gatling.
Also thanks to old devs, which i remembered thanking like million times, when they did one more update that all the players wanted: Atom, Ghosthack, Scypior, Lexx, Lisac2k, Solar, Slimcharles and of course Cvet.
This is why the game was great, and now it has lost all of the above mentioned, so i am not feeling sorry for 2238 to be shut down, i was already nostalgic, and in my mind 2238 was dead long time ago when it lost its beauty.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2013, 06:34:06 pm »

It's already done.
https://xp-dev.com/sc/76003/HEAD/

Welp, i guess i gotta recreate the 2238 OBT2 server version on my own.
Anyone remember the features?

Also music related keeps on playing in my head the whole day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didzxUkrtS0
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:36:37 pm by Alvarez »
« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2013, 09:23:15 pm »

humpf...well i read all these 14 pages.. all those 14 pages and had a bit of hope that there would be a change in the OP 's message.

Guess i'm one of the last to know about this?

still having trouble believing it. But i guess it must be true.

To be honest it always felt like that one snack you could take to feel a bit better when it went downhill. Now it's gone....

no tears though just a tad sad and remembering nostalic feelings.

« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2013, 09:39:55 pm »

Well fuck i wasted 3 months oh well

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2013, 09:43:45 pm »

Well fuck i wasted 3 months oh well
I wasted 2.5 years
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2013, 09:57:12 pm »

well waste your time at TLAMK2 then :p
« Reply #202 on: June 07, 2013, 10:16:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure that there were/are people motivated enough that they would gladly fix and improve this game to a very playable state. Of course one would need 2238 source - oh yes with cvet's SDK you are able to make almost 1:1 copy of 2238 but it's a waste of time trying to reinvent the wheel. So there is *probably* a chance for 2238 not to die if it's made open and improved.. ofc not necessarily as 2238, rather think of it as of TLAmk2 when compared to TLA etc. If it's source doesn't get published and the server is closed, then well, consider it dead, txbye.

But hey, 2238 source getting opened? Doubtful :P

To me this thread looks like some stupid joke, especially that there was an update few days ago. You don't make an update to announce four days later that you are closing the project, do you?

Anyway if it's true, then my thanks go to "old" devs that brought this game in 2009, I enjoyed it a lot.
« Reply #203 on: June 07, 2013, 11:54:42 pm »

Is difficult to express what I felt when I saw this news, many memories came to my head, I met many people through this game .. I really sad about this...  :'(

Good Bye!
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2013, 12:05:43 am »

Is difficult to express what I felt when I saw this news, many memories came to my head, I met many people through this game .. I really sad about this...  :'(

Good Bye!
I think the word you are looking for is betrayed.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2013, 01:15:16 am »

Bye devs :P

All for now, and make level cap 99 for sick kicks :D

what if someone donates a lot of money? will the servers still be up and running?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:21:11 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »
Back In-Game :D

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2013, 01:22:27 am »

To me this thread looks like some stupid joke, especially that there was an update few days ago. You don't make an update to announce four days later that you are closing the project, do you?

That is what I think also thinking. I think devs are just jokeing and on June 23rd there will be a end but it will be the end of this era and the start of another. Seems like devs are just trolololoololololing.
Roaming the waste again.

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2013, 01:34:30 am »

As ever Vault City prevails ...

The stars are setting
and the caravan
Starts fot the dawn of nothing
- Oh make haste !

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2013, 01:44:22 am »

That is what I think also thinking. I think devs are just jokeing and on June 23rd there will be a end but it will be the end of this era and the start of another. Seems like devs are just trolololoololololing.
i hope you are right man, but iam also afraid they might be serious about this. In both cases i ll keep enjoying this pre-end MADNESS. Its rly fun to play with just gauss pistols/rifles, pulse rifles and also APAs or PAs. I though its something imbalanced, but it rly isnt, even in APA armors players are vunerable from hi tier weapons. Its quite good balanced even in this state.

Thank you for this madness, iam glad it lasts right now.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2013, 01:48:55 am »

So its just pre wipe madness with extra trolling?
Deves we need some kind of comfirnation here.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.