"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 06, 2024, 12:31:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132490 times)

Gob

• The Good
Re: The End
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2013, 04:11:35 pm »

What reason do you have for NOT releasing them?

They just don't want to share their knowledge, they don't want people to be like them.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2013, 04:27:40 pm »

I am just not sure what part of
Currently there is no decision whether the FOnline: 2238 sources will be released or not.
you two did not understand.

You're essentially saying "We're going to ask you to start a new 2238 project, but we're not going to do anything to help you with it even though we easily could".
I think you put far too many skillpoints to reading between the lines skill... more than the engine allowed.
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2013, 04:33:31 pm »

You can release code, so some people, teams could use it and improve their servers.
and give players a few days to put all their stuff in a tent, email them a copy of that map and their characters, so at least they maybe can rebuild somewhere else later on.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2013, 04:37:28 pm »

The current SDK is old as shit. The 2238 sources would make any project much better. You're essentially saying "We're going to ask you to start a new 2238 project, but we're not going to do anything to help you with it even though we easily could".

What reason do you have for NOT releasing them?

gravedigging is ingame feature :D

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2013, 04:42:00 pm »

Or...just donate money to keep it going. I bet if we donated enough, this would not be happening. Players dropping out...less money to support it.

Which is why we players need to see an ongoing dollar figure of how much is left/needed so we know when it is critical. Maybe add it to server status gif so we see this:

*Players Online
*Server Uptime
*Euros Remaining
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2013, 04:51:49 pm »

Marko it was alredy said, if they would like to continue this game, they would announce need of developers/donations but not END of server. This way its clear they simply want it off.

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »

They just don't want to share their knowledge, they don't want people to be like them.

Why invent a circle for the second time (maps, arts etc)? This can be done again, but it is pointless if someone has done this before. 2238 can be nice framework for 2238 clones.

I see Lexx was playing with Redkit for Witcher 2. ;)

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2013, 05:04:02 pm »

Donate money ? To run a 30 players server with a dev team without anymore motivation in this project, i don't think so.

Actualy 2238, for me is "the fundation", now it need the construction with quest and a global "something to do". Lot of players have good ideas for 2238 that actual dev team never listened.

Remember before "Idler", one update fucked all community (the idea is good, but the result is shit !)

http://youtu.be/9FeaYUtmhC8?t=3m13s

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »

You can say idler ruined the shit, but I can say, it get rid the cheaters from the server.
From the beginning DEVs understimated exploits, and left players alone, they found exploits and use it, then whine that something is op and not balanced, tell me - wtf?
people should or be banned from very beginning, and for reporting stuff you should get rewards, but nothing was done, and the result is here, the idiotic community of asslickers on one side, and on second you got liars, cheaters.
Keep flowing to the tlamk2, Go exploit another server, and whine, why the player population would go down.
h

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »

Well its TLA or nothing right now.
I woud play DE but its seems that it has no player at all.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2013, 05:18:07 pm »

The idler is shit yes, but that fixed the Fast Relog problem, is like capitalist, is shit but we know nothing better....

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2013, 05:39:09 pm »

There are very simple way to avoid fast relog, extend lvl cap & wipe server (not a wipe every 2 years). We sawn that 2238 is fucked in 8 mouth approximaly (shitload of stuff, unbalanced gangs and apparition of alts). I totaly agreed that alt was a serious problem (or not), but that idler, it only pain in the ass !

+ i never rly understood the problem of FR (ok u have 2 lifes, but u lvled 2x more than other, use 2x more ressources), and just wipe this before teams can handle enought stuff/time for making alt.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:42:24 pm by dskpnk »

Tomowolf

« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2013, 05:42:57 pm »

There are very simple way to avoid fast relog, extend lvl cap & wipe server (not a wipe every 2 years). We sawn that 2238 is fucked in 8 mouth approximaly (shitload of stuff, unbalanced gangs and apparition of alts).

+ i never rly understood the problem of FR (ok u have 2 lifes, but u lvled 2x more than other, use 2x more ressources), and just wipe this before teams can handle enought stuff/time for making alt.
That wasn't DEV's failure about Fast relog, but players, that wanted to cheat the other side, so it became a problem.
Lvling in those terms is just plain bullshit.
When you got stuff to lvl up one character, you'll lvl up 10 characters too.
h

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #193 on: June 07, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »

Lvling is not the problem, feeding alt with 5ca/5drugs set/5 weapons is more problematic, even more if u have a team with 5x5 guys, gather 25 good stuff for one night of pvp, possibly resulting in the lost of 25 stuff is not so easy.

We don't care, alt madness+gang domiantion= wipe this shit, start again and give a chance to new gangs...

+ when u see that before idling server runned 180 player, and after that it run 30 players resulting in closing server, i think u can call this a developement fail !

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:53:48 pm by dskpnk »

Tomowolf

« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2013, 05:53:43 pm »

Lvling is not the problem, feeding alt with 5ca/5drugs set/5 weapons is more problematic, even more if u have a team with 5x5 guys, gather 25 good stuff for one night of pvp, possibly resulting in the lost of 25 stuff is not so easy.

+ we don't care, alt madness+gang domiantion= wipe this shit, start again and give a chance to new gangs
Stuff is also easy to get, but if you played with one alt more skillfull, than 25 alts with just rush-->1hex-->win/die/relog, you wouldn't lose much, and your enemies too.
This is just plain bullshit, even w/o fastrelogs there were nice battles, and you didn't need waves to use that.
h
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 18 queries.