"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 06, 2024, 04:43:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132502 times)

kompreSor

• FOnline 3
Re: The End
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2013, 09:28:36 am »

so i was back to 2238, 5 days ago... now the end? the end? the end?
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2013, 09:55:02 am »

oh well, server was bad in the first place.. what good memories to be had? getting shot every 5 minutes by a high level player while your still just learning? just admit it, its not the donations, because i believe enough money was donated, just being purely lazy is the problem here, its ez to change the server that will ensure new players will stick to the game and have fun at the same time. Fonline TLA Delivers the entertainment for thee
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2013, 09:56:52 am »

oh well, server was bad in the first place.. what good memories to be had? getting shot every 5 minutes by a high level player while your still just learning? just admit it, its not the donations, because i believe enough money was donated, just being purely lazy is the problem here, its ez to change the server that will ensure new players will stick to the game and have fun at the same time. Fonline TLA Delivers the entertainment for thee
Maybe you should try running a server and handling little screaming kids then ;).  Anyone who has tried; knows its no easy task.
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2013, 10:00:08 am »

So if the devs of this game are ending FOnline, then what are they going to do next?

I hope it is another singleplayer game that is going to be an MMO.

Jagged Alliance 2 Online maybe?
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:01 am »

after storm there is a rainbow
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2013, 10:06:28 am »

Maybe you should try running a server and handling little screaming kids then ;).  Anyone who has tried; knows its no easy task.
your absolutely right, it isnt a easy task. But neglecting the players needs for a long time has its bad results, and i find 2238 is a hard game to get into for newer players due to its extreme hardcore nature. thats what makes the game fun aswell, but it wont attract that many persistent players in the long run. Why am i saying TLA is better is because they have a team of excellent devs who helped me once and i never asked for anything then :) and they created a atmosphere that for the first time i spent so much time in the fonline games. dont get me wrong, 2238 was fun for a week, until i noticed i wasnt going anywhere and i keep getting robbed or shot every few minutes :( and no one will help you. eventually i just had enough of dying and i cant get better at the game because of what happens every few minutes ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:08:34 am by teyrnlogainn »

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2013, 10:23:55 am »

your absolutely right, it isnt a easy task. But neglecting the players needs for a long time has its bad results, and i find 2238 is a hard game to get into for newer players due to its extreme hardcore nature. thats what makes the game fun aswell, but it wont attract that many persistent players in the long run. Why am i saying TLA is better is because they have a team of excellent devs who helped me once and i never asked for anything then :) and they created a atmosphere that for the first time i spent so much time in the fonline games. dont get me wrong, 2238 was fun for a week, until i noticed i wasnt going anywhere and i keep getting robbed or shot every few minutes :( and no one will help you. eventually i just had enough of dying and i cant get better at the game because of what happens every few minutes ;)
I got same experience with TLAMKII ;)
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2013, 10:42:29 am »

If you have any ideas and suggestions, feel free to share them with all of us.
Two women and a brony, never again.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2013, 10:46:16 am »

So if the devs of this game are ending FOnline, then what are they going to do next?

I hope it is another singleplayer game that is going to be an MMO.

Jagged Alliance 2 Online maybe?

If we are going to make another game, it most likely won't be a MMO anymore. Chances are high that we are sticking with the FOnline engine in such a case. But nothing is definitive. It really depends on how motivated we can get.
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2013, 10:50:59 am »

Good bye 2238  :'(
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2013, 11:09:07 am »

If we are going to make another game, it most likely won't be a MMO anymore. Chances are high that we are sticking with the FOnline engine in such a case. But nothing is definitive. It really depends on how motivated we can get.

That is sad because MMO we can play realy long time i hate all that SP game with 6 hours gameplay. Also Fallout have good story. Good luck with something new...

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2013, 11:52:43 am »

RiP best MMO i've ever played as well. best of luck to your next projects !

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02:39 pm »

Because there is totally no difference between a noob and a vet in TLAmk2.

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2013, 12:11:47 pm »

I'm suprised this lasted so long with all those retarded changes.

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2013, 12:12:51 pm »

will keep an eye on the new SDK, and when i will get rich enughf i will make the game alive again, free to edid with my permision and free to play, no donations will be required
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 18 queries.