"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:12:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 131812 times)

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
Re: The End
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2013, 08:11:10 pm »

server was dead to me sometime ago, anywa thats pretty sad news for me
maybe thas good call to make some room for other projecets

thanks to orginal fonline2238 creators for everything, that was nice time playing fonline..
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 08:11:55 pm »

Finaly. End of this circus.

Deal with it.
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2013, 08:17:22 pm »

Bye
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2013, 08:22:07 pm »

Wow... so much for my comeback.. Just when I could spare some time to play again – this.

I am sad.
I am angry.

Played it for about a year and I was enjoying it most the time and met some cool people. Thanking all devs for what they have accomplished.
Maybe some of the later changes and decisions made weren't the best and maybe TLAmk2 couldn't have chosen a worse time to be released (or better for TLA itself), but I may believe what killed this server weren't the devs, who are just human like we are, but

I myself tried here and there and put a lot of thought into this game. But I also realized, that somehow this construct of a shut-in dev team that constantly has to fend off the hate and can't get its shit together would in the end lead to exacly this situation we have now.
My regrets are that I didn't do more for this awesome project. There will be nothing like it for me, TLA just doesn't feel right. :'(

I really hope all those great people who had ideas and contributed in some way will somehow get together and form a new team. Release of the 2238 source would be a wonderful help to relaunch 2238 or even create a new wasteland.
I'm not sure yet how much information I should release, but I was thinking and planning on an own server for a while now.
Some work is already done, but a bigger shitload of work still needs to be done.
It really depends on how my life will turn in the next months whether I will keep working on it, also how much time noizecode, with whom I'm working together on this, has got, but the end of 2238 can be seen as a chance for a fresh start.
And the end of 2238 now really makes me want to do the new server!
If we decide to make that project happen, we will definetly need help. And I hope to find that help here.

Goodbye 2238.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 08:22:27 pm »

Was great adventure, thanks to the staff and the player.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFZX9gdj1Xw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFZX9gdj1Xw</a>

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »

Wow. This game holds a lot of memories for me and my friends, and even some of my family who played. Its a real shame to see it going down the pooper. Well, thank you devs and GMs for years of fun. Now that the game is done, I guess I can tattle on Voland  ;D thank you Voland for the un-pickable security door on my tent, as well as the skinned cars and rock-spikes. Oh, and the personalized birthday minigun. Also, all my other player friends, it was fun :P
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2013, 08:29:35 pm »

since 2009 it was very good time. I can't belive that this is coming. Devs should give their SDK, we are waiting for your decision.

Thank you for the best free game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:32:42 pm by Dark Angel »

Rusty

• Rotator
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2013, 08:40:09 pm »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »

Damn,what the hell man?

Didn't expect this so soon since i've seen other servers remain in a zombie state for a few months before the shut down.
Oh well,had some good times

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:30 pm »

Next project: Wasteland 2 Online!
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »

2238 was like was. People cryed. Was hate and love, but i had there some great times.
It at last is time to say: Thanks Devs for Your time and money.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2013, 09:13:05 pm »

Alright guys, I know that I have been a hate train lately, but I wanted to come on and say *sniff* that this is one of the best games I have every had the pleasure of playing.

Thanks To the Devs, The Gms, The Modelers, and The Forum Mods

Thanks To The PKs, The Bombers, The Idlers, and The PvPers

Thanks To The Sinners, The Winners, The Whiners, and The Thieves

All of you, every last one, thank you. Collectively you made a community that felt and played like a real wasteland. I hope that whatever you guys do next, it is a wonderful as this. I know this is just a game, but I want you guys to know you really touched people in a meaningful way. No matter what server or game I play from now on, I will remember 2238.

In my time in 2238, I met and had the pleasure of both typing and talking to people from all over the world. I have never played a game where the intrigue and paranoia of real world conversations bleed through into a game. I doubt this was intended, but it made the experience all the more rich and deep.

So fair winds and good tidings to you all, I hope whatever your next venture into the wastes is, it is wondrous and safe.

~Remember 2238

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »

it's sad to see 2238 go, but I kinda saw this coming. it had a slow and painful death this season and that's a shame.

anyway, thanks for all the fun and not so fun times! you did the right and mature thing to shut down the server.

and last but not least i'd like to thank the trolls and the community in general. it's what made this game fun and different from other online games.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2013, 09:15:29 pm »

Can we also keep the General Discussion and off topic subforum alive?

hejmr

• Berlin.
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2013, 09:17:43 pm »

some random shit

Anyone else got reminded of Professor Chaos from South Park while reading this post? Sounds pretty much like him.
Ok gente, temos que ficar calmos e fazer a coisa certa. Temos que matar Mushushu e o enterrar no quintal de Napalm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.