"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 10:06:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wikipedia Examplary Builds.  (Read 1347 times)

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
Wikipedia Examplary Builds.
« on: June 06, 2013, 03:44:20 pm »

Quote from: Recent Rageposter
you added a bunch of crappy characters to the wiki no sane person would use, and probably some walkthrough guides for some quests that yet again nobody uses because of the shitty XP reward for quests in this game.

Builds in wiki needs refreshing. They are either unfun or outdated. Before i add some i woud like to have your feedback. For start i woud like some help from fellow forum members -> with optimazing this one - take care its not build for PvP.

Code: [Select]
14mm Pistoleter
Turn Based Build

If you`re tired of destroying armors while hunting for NRC Army or Patrols try this. It is support alt designated to provide fire support for Big Gunner Farmers/Gatling Builds. Its non-drug build but if you have access to some of the Jet & Cig & Nuka - that even better.

SPECIAL

S: 4(Min strength for 14mm pistol)
PE: 6(For awareness)
EN: 10(We won`t have room for any lifegivers so we need hp from EN.)
CH: 1(Not very talkative)
IN: 4(Need at least 200% in small guns and 150% in First aid)
AG: 10(We won`t have room for Action Boys.)
LK: 5(Dont go lower than that.)

Alternatives: (-2 en + 2 char for more novice builds. -1 ag + 1 pe if you have access to Nuka Cola.)

Traits:

One Hander - Help in entry levels and then later helps in jet using. If you`re not planning on using Jet take something else.
Fast Shoot - Flesh and Bones of the build

Skills:

Small Guns - We need 200%
First Aid - We need 150%
Outdoorsman - Put rest of points here if you do it right you have 100%.

Perks:

1.  Avaraness
1.  Get Boneyard Training
3.  More Critical
6.  Even More Critical
9.  Sprey and Pray (Not sure here.)
12. Better Critical (Make them suffer more.)
15. More ranged damage (+3 is big deal when you consider that you shoot 6 times during a turn.)
18. Bonus rate of fire (2ap for shooting YEAH)
21. Bonus ranged damage(+2 damage is kinda lame - alternative is taking Lifegiver for more hp, or Action Boy to null the addict effect of Jet or Perhaps some resistance perks like Even Tougher or QUick recovery, Bonus move might be good if you`re planning to shoot-and hide behing wall tactic)
24. Living Anatomy (Adds at lot of damage.)

Drugs:

Jet for one more shoot at turn.
Cigarettess for quicker acting in turns.
Nuka Cola - only if you`re going for 9 ag.

Why no Small Frame?

Its annoying perk. Sure it makes chares better but its really more PvP trait than PvE.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
Re: Wikipedia Examplary Builds.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:29 pm »

Hello,

It seems quite good for regular pve hunting/grinding. I used to have a similar build. (well practically the same with some minor changes) that could be pretty viable in both pvp and pve. with the combination of high crit. chance and maximized damage per shot, you could take out most encounters. 14 mm pistol is awesome for fast shooters, but i always liked the burst method more, mostly in case of bigger mobs. but berst thing is to combine the firearms, thats why i wouldnt pick one hander. Being limited only to 1handed weapons would be frustrating.

Just for comparison i will post the build i had in mind.

SPECIAL
5 6 10 1 4 10 5

traits
fast shot, small frame (the cw will be only 45 so it wouldnt be much good for farming alone or without a car, but you can chose whatever u want instead)

Skills
small guns 201%
first aid 140%
outdoorsman 106%

Perks
More Critical
Even More Critical
Spray and Pray
Bonus Ranged Damage
Better Criticals
Bonus Rate of Fire
Bonus Ranged Damage+
More Ranged Damage

and the best thing is...it is a fun build, can be used in hinkley too :)

xsarq

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »

I like your option but i really woud like to avoid Small Frame in recommendation for novice builds. Why do you need 5 STR? I woud rather have 4 and pick something in place of Small Frame(anything really Chem Reliant?, Loner?)

If we considering fast shooter i think that Living Anatomy is a must-have.
It adds whole 5 points while More ranged damage is only 2.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »

Well instead of small frame you can always pick something else, loner seems like a good option for someone who just started, or in case he will use drugs chem reliant, its up to him. I have 5 str because of using rifles that require  it (AR, FN FAL), but it shouldnt be a problem to drop it to 4 and avoid using small frame for the 1 extra ag.
About living anatomy i thought it was only + 2 damage, so thats why i didnt mention it. Its quite weird that it eats perks like mrd or 2x brd. I never thought about that perk when making burst builds.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:57:05 pm »

My god,these are awful.Why not teaching newbs the usual fast shooter tank to kill muties with ease..?Also no action boy,no lifegivers...what the actual fuck..?

No one knows the most classical laser/bg guns tank..?i-m too lazy to post.If no one does,i will edit this message.
You really think you can kill ncr patrol with a fast shooter pistolman..?
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

xsarq

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 05:00:33 pm »

Xeen:

Well i believe that it add +5 for whole shoot while Bonus ranged damage is adding damage for each bulles so Living is perfect for 14mm while More ranged woud be good for bursting guns like P90.

Even as i write this post i`m transfroming this info for wiki page - I`ll just write about alternatives opions. Gonna edit this post in like 15 minuts with link to the wiki

Rain:

I`m not going to design Big Guns/Energy Guns builds on wiki for newbies - they won`t have access to it. But its just me, so please post your own build with as much explanation as possible -> if you dont want to play with wiki i`ll add them for you. 

Edit: Nearly done - http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Fast_Burster will finish up later tonight.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:27:50 pm by xsarq »
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »

I agree that newbies with zero alts and resources would specialize in small guns because they are more common but when you realize that crafting flamer and fuel is not a problem even with practically no previous resources. Ew weapons are different, crafting sec is much more annoying and in less quantities.

So what i wanted to say is that even big gun char is easy to create for someone who just started. (not mentioning the advantage in leveling up compared to small guns)

So maybe you could add up some general big gunner for pve (high cw, lots of hp, tougness, man of steel,..)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 18 queries.