"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:11:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What can we do - Server Popularity?  (Read 7209 times)

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
Re: What can we do - Server Popularity?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »

Players made choice and its shows which server is more player friendly and it is not 2238.

And You will have o edit your post when TLA will go up.
So i guess when TLA server is off you just come here and spam about TLA?

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52:15 pm »

What items? I have 2 Gauss pistols and a metal pole. If i was playing this game to hoard items, i would not have time to get 20 cars, 17 bases, and almost 40 maxed chars. I was new here in 2010 and i needed to progress up the learning curve, so i dove in and played as hard as i could with hours on the planner. Now even my crafters are hard to kill and my miner kills anybody in Hinkley 1v1. I added tons of stuff to wiki, writing a walk-through guide for new players, and trying to make some maps and quests.

Meanwhile what have you done? Only murdered new guys and driven them away to other games. No contributions from you at all, right? Your forum posts are always incendiary. Guess which troll i would purge first.

Update! TLA still down. Meanwhile 60+ players in 2238, albeit perhaps 20 of them being murdered atm lol.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »

What items? I have 2 Gauss pistols and a metal pole. If i was playing this game to hoard items, i would not have time to get 20 cars, 17 bases, and almost 40 maxed chars.
you do not have time to hoard, yet you admit to hoarding. i KNOW you have/had a brahmin packed with 6-7k HQ minerals.

Now even my crafters are hard to kill and my miner kills anybody in Hinkley 1v1.
somehow i doubt that.

I added tons of stuff to wiki, writing a walk-through guide for new players, and trying to make some maps and quests.
you added a bunch of crappy characters to the wiki no sane person would use, and probably some walkthrough guides for some quests that yet again nobody uses because of the shitty XP reward for quests in this game.

Meanwhile what have you done? Only murdered new guys and driven them away to other games. No contributions from you at all, right? Your forum posts are always incendiary. Guess which troll i would purge first.
wasteland is harsh. but let's play a post-apoc game by your vision shall we? getting carpal tunnel from all the "fix" pressing and doing the same boring quest and pve over and over again.

PS: basically the people that don't agree with you are trolls and should be banned, silenced, etc... good communist thinking you got there, marko!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:07:14 pm by DeputyDope »

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 07:08:32 pm »

Mining. Not hoarding. So i mined a lot. So much that it freaks you out i guess. Do you work at all?

DDope, bring your best fighters to Hinkley sometime when we have time in an evening. I will bring 1 miner and we will cycle through as many fights as you want (as long as drugs last). I will gladly show you that "miners rule".

I have had good feedback from constructive-minded people about the builds on wiki. In some cases i have modified them accordingly. Meanwhile you have added ZERO builds there. See the comparison?

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 07:15:12 pm »

Mining. Not hoarding. So i mined a lot. So much that it freaks you out i guess. Do you work at all?
hoarding means getting insane ammouts of items and keeping them, for no apparent later use. do you even know english or the meaning of the verb "to hoard"? work? it'd rather burst some bluesuit miner behind the back and take all his shit.  ;D

DDope, bring your best fighters to Hinkley sometime when we have time in an evening. I will bring 1 miner and we will cycle through as many fights as you want (as long as drugs last). I will gladly show you that "miners rule".
as soon as i have the time, sure.

I have had good feedback from constructive-minded people about the builds on wiki. In some cases i have modified them accordingly. Meanwhile you have added ZERO builds there. See the comparison?
constructive-minded people = people who are your friends and/or agree with you?

i have a small question. what exactly did you do to help noobs?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:21:47 pm by DeputyDope »

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »

So...you suggest i mine for no use? I mined that much so i could make stuff to sell, to trade, and to use in combat. It takes a lot of ammo to max 40 characters. See this is what you do a lot: you make stuff up. It is as if your mind is overthrown by some evil force and you delight in throwing people off a topic. The topic of this thread is about low player population. It's not another place for you to express your hatred of other players.

Back to topic now, and i look forward to our matches in Hinkley.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 07:22:25 pm »

i look forward to seeing your response of what you did to help noobs, and how your presence gets players to stay on the server.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »

I bet that Marko's miner is some hth troll, thats why he sais he can win every time in 1v1.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 11:39:54 pm »

All the same story over and over - how to attract players using Facebook and spam on forums.

So basically you don't know what you talk about because you don't play the game since a year or longer
(before we even started more or less regular updates after last wipe and a few months of hiatus).
Yet I see no reason to start playing again, reading changelogs is discouraging enough.

Bracing for even more TLAmkII advertising.
I don't play there either. Was nice to try, but not much attractive for a longer time period.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 01:47:20 am »

What can you do? Stop whining, maybe?

FOnline, when we compare it to other games has:
- Poor visuals
- Poor sound
- Almost dead community
- Low level of communication  between playerbase and developers.

It's like telling today's kids to play Quake II instead of Battlefield 3. Possible but you need some strong arguments. ;)

As for me the only chance of FOnline games, no matter if it's TLA, 2238 or this homemade servers for 5 players total is the atmospheric gameplay, content and more GM/Dev support for players' initiatives.

If you spam on forums or on Facebook... good idea but have in mind that FOnline is adressed mostly to Fallout fans. All you need to reach the goal is just motivation.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:58:49 am by headshot »

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 02:25:59 am »

- Poor visuals
- Poor sound
How those 2 matter? This game simply isn't aimed at current generation. Entire FOnline community has a fixed amount of people. Thinking about fresh blood is daydreaming. Only thing you can do is to prevent current players from leaving.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 05:32:05 am »

pacman time!
come join me on mame!
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »

- Poor visuals
- Poor sound
Honestly when even the damned Minecraft got so popular between the kids (Althought its much easier to understand the..concept of the game), Graphics and sounds never really mattered in games.
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 08:31:55 pm »

Wow, remind me not to create any more polls where I ask people to help the server...
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2013, 07:56:32 am »

Quote from: marko
So...you suggest i mine for no use? I mined that much so i could make stuff to sell, to trade, and to use in combat. It takes a lot of ammo to max 40 characters. See this is what you do a lot: you make stuff up. It is as if your mind is overthrown by some evil force and you delight in throwing people off a topic. The topic of this thread is about low player population. It's not another place for you to express your hatred of other players.

i look forward to seeing your response of what you did to help noobs, and how your presence gets players to stay on the server.

You pulled marko's card and he comes at you with his old catholic: "this guy must be possessed" bullshit. He used to talk this way about Nightkin/Apox all the time. Way to call his shit. He stole combat armor blueprints he was working to get with a friend of mine early this season then proceeded to hoard them from his entire faction until it was completely devalued by the nerfs. All because of his self righteous whiteknight bullshit he's still pulling to this day.

Then he comes to town control with a mauser just to spite and taunt his allies.

The only reason he had to make 40 bases is because he wanted to and no other faction wanted to put up with this unrealistic bossy hoarder.

All those minerals and he never contributed anything of worth to any faction other than passive aggressive, judgements, authority humping and lets not forget the whining.

He prioritized personal bases not even his RL friends could have access too.

On more than one occasion we tested marko on his claims about always helping newbs.

With RP newb chars we would hunt with marko to test his honesty to some random wastelander newb. He would use them as a hunting partner for farming mundane crafting supplies like brahmin hides and min/ore and caps, offer to SHARE the first tent with the RP newbie, then proceed to skim off the labour of the newbie. Rather than helping the newb to XP up fast by knocking out human NPCs and giving build advice he would use them as cattle and im not surprised if the actual players who experienced this thought fOnline was nothing but a boring click/gather fest.

The reason marko likes new players so damn much is because the old players are sick of his shit and if it wasn't for newbs he would have NO one to hunt with or exploit for his cause.

Even now he's still clearly trying to kiss ass in hopes of becoming a forum gm weeks before the server is going to die for good.
(the audacity of his whiteknightery is truly astounding)
Marko the dev's aren't damsels in distress that need you to save them and neither is this game, at its highest or lowest point.

Your inability to work in a team outside of the pve, gather/crafter environment and your lust for power grabbing made you a cancer for any group foolish enough to trust you.

You're pathetic marko and people who leave a game they enjoy a lot because of you or any pker are even more pathetic than you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:46:46 am by Rane »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.