"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 07:46:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What can we do - Server Popularity?  (Read 7206 times)

JovankaB

Re: What can we do - Server Popularity?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 02:45:22 pm »

I'm talking about whole last year dude, because AFAIR that's more less when Wichura stopped playing.
Maybe not too many completely new things were done, but I assure you, you wouldn't like the server to
be reverted to the state from a year ago.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:47:44 pm by JovankaB »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 02:47:31 pm »

I propose devs to make spam bots and attack every big forum with 2238 ads.
Funny that you say it, you are no more than ad-bot itself.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »

I dont care what about you are talking i just finally wanna say what i feel.

2009,2010,2011 was better than 2012(13).
From my view this losing quality as fast how it can..

Im done.
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 03:10:39 pm »

So basically you don't know what you talk about because you don't play the game since a year or longer
(before we even started more or less regular updates after last wipe and a few months of hiatus).
At least he actually PLAYED it.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 03:13:54 pm »

Nope,2238 players would exploit a door if it would give them any kind of advantage.
Been there, done that. In 2nd session (2009) there was a bug making you invisible if you stood in the door and allowed it to "autoclose". Avenger and inventory filled with 5mm was all you needed.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 03:17:22 pm »

Maybe not too many completely new things were done, but I assure you, you wouldn't like the server to
be reverted to the state from a year ago.
You have made some updates but... alts:unfixed, BPs:unfixed, PvP balance:unfixed, quests: almost non-existent or irrelevant, and im sure there are more things. Yeah youve done some updates but Im still waiting for something bigger than taking flowers in klamath

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 03:24:41 pm »

Alts will never be "fixed" unless we kick out all character development options.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 04:21:51 pm »

I dont care what about you are talking i just finally wanna say what i feel.

2009,2010,2011 was better than 2012(13).
From my view this losing quality as fast how it can..

Im done.
You are quite funny, I remember you less than 6 months ago you were a 80hp bluesuit and now you're talking about 2009 and 2010.

sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 05:30:56 pm »

You are quite funny, I remember you less than 6 months ago you were a 80hp bluesuit and now you're talking about 2009 and 2010.

I dont ever was used that name.. i dont also used forum account.. This dont mean i wasnt played other sessions..
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 05:58:11 pm »

Been there, done that. In 2nd session (2009) there was a bug making you invisible if you stood in the door and allowed it to "autoclose". Avenger and inventory filled with 5mm was all you needed.

Hey, that was our bug  :P That one was best bug in this game.

To the topic. Probably most of people you will call, will be quite dissapointed. Because of harshness, small playerbase, empty world.
Anyway, i remember when some developer say that they dont need more testers than themself(or just few of them). So no advertising needed. Developers will develop this server more or less without any of us  ;)
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 06:03:36 pm »

Bracing for even more TLAmkII advertising.

bracing for more delusional people. like you.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 06:34:21 pm »

Face the true, 2238 i far away behind TLA mk2. TLA features and quest makes it true Fallout 3 and it gives PvP posiblities which was the domain of 2238. TLA faction system, management and rating system keeps players playing.

No matter how much You will advise 2238, if it wont change, then people will find on forum that there is better server.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 06:35:42 pm »

DocAN: I'm not disagreeing with you but i did get a laugh when you say TLA is better but your signature says TLA is OFFLINE and 2238 has 64 players lol.

The updates have been excellent ever since i started almost 2 years ago. The player migration to TLA2 is not because 2238 "has gotten worse" since 2238 has in fact gotten only better. The two servers are apparently run differently. For example, i hear the Russians don't micromanage much in TLA; they allow stuff that 2238 limits. This might be perceived as harsh. It's not. It's just different, and preferred by some hardcore players here. Also, not all 2238 players who quit went to TLA. Some came here hopeful, and were murdered over and over by the few players they met and determined the PK-to-nonPK ratio to be unreasonable, so they just quit.

On lack of quests: write some yourself! Get the dev tools, the mapper, the dialogue editor, and design some content for the game you spend so much time playing. Get help from a dev to get started and become a more serious contributor. But first step back and consider how immature it is to PLAY a game and COMPLAIN about it, but never actually ADD any code content yourself.

The real harshness here is not in the code at all. It's some of the players. But it's up to the game staff to fix that and i'm not one of them. (FYI: i am available for operation Troll-Purge if any mods want the help.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:37:56 pm by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 06:40:36 pm »

Players made choice and its shows which server is more player friendly and it is not 2238.

It is usless to makes something for 2238 and its devs fault, there are better projects with far way better interaction from devs side.

PS. You will have o edit your post when TLA will go up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:45:03 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 06:42:00 pm »

marko, the only reason you like 2238 and defend it is because you hoard items non-stop to satisfy your compulsive hoarding. it would be a shame to move to TLA and start over again and not have filled lockers of stuff, innit?

and please, don't turn this discussion into PK/APK bullshit. it has nothing to do with players moving to TLA.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:43:59 pm by DeputyDope »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.