"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 04:24:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Is fallout dead after 2 years?  (Read 7747 times)

Thorzain

• Last played in 2011 now im getting back into it ;)
Is fallout dead after 2 years?
« on: May 25, 2013, 06:14:50 pm »

Hey im getting back into playing Fallout 2238 again, so im not a noob i know how to get around and im quite good but my question is after 2 years now i think from the last time i played is fallout 2238 .... Dead like i heard hardly anyone plays and i liked it with tons of people it was soooooo FUN :D  Give examples like i remember NCR was quite packed and so were other places :p wonder if its all changed now :/

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
Re: Is fallout dead after 2 years?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 06:18:13 pm »

Truth is: The playerbase is smaller.

But as long as you`re playing with someone else it shoudn`t be a problem. Just find some playmates.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:05:17 pm »

Thruth is,pro players migrated to TLA mk2,wich is basically fonline 2238 3 years ago.Now the game is rotting because serious devs went away,probably due to real life businesses.
The devs who still stays here clearly stated that they don-t have a precise plan about game developing,and they just do what they want to do with their game in their free time.Playerbase took this hard hit and went away.More serious people who actually want the fonline community to prosper and grow fun and strong,you can find them here.Enjoy,all the old guys are here [size=78%]http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28460.msg254008.html#new[/size]  enjoy your stay.No nerfing,much fun.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:41 pm »

Truth is: The playerbase is smaller.

Was it ever really that big?
I mean the most online ever was 900~
And that was when the game had spread by word of mouth on forums that nobody cares about.

Other then that it was just 500~ 300~ with ups and drops.

Still,compared to now that is pretty big.
But there is little we can do.Since everyone who left has seen everything or enough for his taste and got bored.

That's the problem,the game stagnates quite quickly.
But you never know,the legendary "soon" update might happen any day.
or not

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 04:00:41 am »

I think they should do one more update before they give up. You know, like a "goodbye, have fun" gift, before you move onto a different server.

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 04:35:25 am »

I mean the most online ever was 900~
And that was when the game had spread by word of mouth on forums that nobody cares about.

Other then that it was just 500~ 300~ with ups and drops.
Huh? When the heck was is ever 900 on 2238 (or any server)?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 04:47:32 am »

Huh? When the heck was is ever 900 on 2238 (or any server)?

November 26, 2011, 02:12:42 pm

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 05:13:22 am »

Oh, those are just spambots. I thought he was talking about actual in-game numbers.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 08:37:21 am »

It's because he's playing forum, not the actual game.

Most online ever ingame was nearly 600, I think.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 09:02:52 am »

Yes.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 09:11:18 am »

All the serious factions moved to TLAMK2. It has more content that's actually fun, MANY more weapons and varied, viable builds, and competent devs who frequently communicate with the community.
Knowledge is the key to the mind which is a mysterious doorway through a long dark hallway

sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 09:44:05 am »

Yea 2238 is coming to the dead.. But that few players what still play still can do good action in smaler number.
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.

Thorzain

• Last played in 2011 now im getting back into it ;)
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 11:40:18 am »

Well i thought about it but i probably wont play i play SC2 most of the time and practice a lot, i thought i would just play 2238 for a laugh and since the player-base is smaller i feel somewhat sad ... But i will try and stay active on the forums and talk about past experiences ;D did anyone ever meet a guy called "Floodnik"?  LoL that's his main account, he was active but he broke away aswell but i wonder if you guys ever met him? Played in 2011 last time hmmmm not sure. Yh so a got a couple of questions ... 1) are there still suicide bombers ... i remember one guy would walk into NCR find a crowd and BOOM lol funny shit. 2) how often do BIG things happen like Frank Horrigan inviting blue suits into a mine and you have 1 minute to get in and out to scavenge for stuff .. and when there was a massive Enclave attack on NCR killing all the guards so NCR was lawless and crazy stuff. i have more but well just answer these first please.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 11:55:51 am »

The point of suicide bombing is to kill as many persons as you can. So killing one person via suicide bombing is just not funny. The second thing you're talking about is the event. It happens sometimes, but as people previously said the playerbase is a way smaller than before. However I still believe people will come here.
As far as I know Floodnik is not playing anymore. He appears on forum sometimes. Mostly in the Polish section. You can try to PM him here.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:32:21 am by headshot »

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

Wait... 

Frank Horrigan was playing? THE Frank Horrigan?
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 18 queries.