"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 07:45:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: First Day  (Read 4914 times)

First Day
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:09:41 am »

Well I'm sure people have had worse. I just wanted to rant somewhere but didn't see any board for misc subjects.

The beginning of the game was spent looking around and getting a feel for the game basically checking prices, jobs, and shoveling for caps. Later I met a nice player in the NCR who gave me some supplies to start the game with. some guns and leather armor.

at level 2 cleared the farm house and looted a shovel and a leather jacket. Then I pitched a tent near the NCR to store my items. So far so good however on my way to the NCR (like 2 seconds of walking) I met a group of slaves and a slaver. I attempted to talk to the slaver and was promptly killed by one round that did about 90 damage. The slaves were punching my corpse and the encounter made me feel a little sullen especially after I lost all my equipment a tid bit of information the wiki left out and won't let me edit in.

Later after spawning I encountered rats I tried to run but the game wouldn't allow me to so my character could only walk and was mauled by a few rats.

I had a lot of trouble attempting to register here, the wiki, and to create my character. I assume this game, the wiki, and forum were spammed at one point but after feeling tired of testing config.exe and updater to see the registration not acknowledge my login and password after registering Beta Bot I felt like quitting then and there but I didn't want to miss something that was possibly great due to a few technical errors or incompatibilities I could work out.

I might run around until I can get a cap buy a shovel and grind my way to some better equipment. The only issue that stops me from doing so ATM is the fact I was unable to run regardless of constantly clicking and button mashing while attacked by some rats. What's the point of spending an hour getting a super sledge a minigun and metal armor if I'll just die in two random encounters right?

I'll be lurking around the wiki and forum and if I don't see anything to keep me around I'll be on my way to find another survival based rpg.

I wish that for verification we'd only have to answer the question not the picture---the picture isn't clear if it needs a space like say   gd    erty not to mention its pretty blury with   f or p  it gets annoying after seeing it alot.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:46:08 am by JovankaB »

JovankaB

Re: First Day
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:46:57 am »

Hello, yes starting in the game is hard. But the game itself is not really
that difficult, it's just that you need to know what can kill you and new
players don't know it. I agree that some things that can kill you within
seconds are not outright obvious threat, or even don't make much sense
(like shooting someone for holding hammer within towns, which is almost
never used as a weapon and you would have a hard time to kill anyone
with it, even if there was no guards around - but it's used as a tool by new
players who don't know the city rules) and that it's bad.

People who know the game inside-out can easily loose that perspective,
that's why it's so important for new players to give feedback and remind
that some things are not the same for new players as they are for PvP ape
with know-how, dozens of efficient alts, allies and vast amount of hoarded
resources.

Nevertheless dying and losing items is a part of the game (it has full loot
after all), so generally you should only carry the things that you really need
in the moment and the rest store safely in your tent (and never bring any
other player there, unless it's your friend you 100% trust).

Answering captcha - fortunately you have to do it only once.
We used to have something like a hundred of spammer accounts / day.

Regarding editing wiki:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,26363.0.html

(sorry edited your post instead of reply by mistake, but I managed to revert it)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:20:52 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:56 am »

Double clicking can make you walk instead of run, so be careful of that.

Check your settings and make "always run" the default.

Also- get flint from dropping into map (test around), use flint to make Primitive Tool- use that to chop wood from various map squares, also use Primitive Tool to mine at the mines- then you can make basic gear.

Then it gets way easier.

Just don't hang out in NCR. It seems that for some strange reason the NCR trolls stayed behind when many left the server.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:44:48 pm »

I'll be lurking around the wiki and forum and if I don't see anything to keep me around I'll be on my way to find another survival based rpg.
Your first mistake. Don't know about you, but I never found Fallout to be much of a survival game. Where's the survival aspect of the game if PvP used to be decided upon who made the first shot burst at a point blank range?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 02:20:21 pm »

Didn't know that Fallout had PvP.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:57:23 pm »

Well Beta Bot, If you need some help in-game, let me know. You can private message me by using the little green radio icon underneath my avatar and personal text. If you want, we can exchange Skype information if you have Skype, and it'll be a lot easier to get started.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 07:30:36 pm »

First day in 2238 is like the first jump in the matrix: everyone falls the first time.

But other games are too easy. This game is the most challenging, the most brutal. So set "Always Run" and then give us a report after First Week and we'll compare that to your First Day. I bet it's much better.

Real-Time mode, right? I advise RT mode over Turn-Based for PvE explorers because you can exit a hostile encounter much more easily. You could get into 100 hostile encounters and survive all of them with confidence, escaping quickly and wasting no time. (At least i can though this may depend on a good connection.)

It's quiet these days, but i still advise connecting to the 2238 IRC channels via forestnet dot org. Check the wiki page about IRC. You can find other players there. If you use Firefox web browser, you can get a free plugin called Chatzilla which makes IRC easy. The Last Light (player faction) is still chatty sometimes. Once you connect to forestnet, /join #TheLastLight to meet more people. (The IRC web client doesn't always work).

Welcome to Hel* *ahem* i mean, ...to the game. I hope you survive.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 07:50:29 pm »

When you get around 5000 caps, you should buy a Buggy and do delivery quests for Gunrunners and Jerky delivery for Grisham.
That's 500 caps every time.
You can craft your own fuel you can use and sell if you make a Ranger House near SF mine.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »

Also, there is some basic things you need to know.
1. It's OK to run. It doesn't make you a coward.
2. If there is encounters such as, Vault city patrols vs. slavers, let them fight it out and loot the remaining corpses. But don't loot before VC takes what they want! They will shoot you if you loot before they do. Just take whats left.
3. Watch out for most northern towns, they aren't guarded which means anyone can kill you anytime they please.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »

Real-Time mode, right? I advise RT mode over Turn-Based for PvE explorers because you can exit a hostile encounter much more easily. You could get into 100 hostile encounters and survive all of them with confidence, escaping quickly and wasting no time. (At least i can though this may depend on a good connection.)
Not true if you're facing humans. Then they shoot you in the head long before you can reach the exit grid.
Stay in TB. Much more survivable. Not as fast, efficient, or, ehem, uh....... Fun........ but survvable.....
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:20 am »

Rules to survive the Harsh Wasteland:

1. Install sandboxie (preferably the premium version for maximum multilog effectiveness).

2. Install some sort of IRC client, I use chatzilla myself.

3. Whenever you think you got enough alts go to IRC chat and ask more experienced players what kind of al you should create next.

4. Always keep an Auto Clicker ready on your computer, you never know when you might find an use for it in-game (be careful on this one, some auto clickers tend to have viruses).

5. Bald people are always PKs.

6. Brujah is the coolest guy in this game and definitely won't shoot you if he finds you in an encounter, unless you're brazilian.

7. Always keep your shit stored in tents, only bring whatever you think you need to level up/farm/troll out in the Wastes.

8. Don't care about loot no matter how hard it is at the beginning, loot is easy to get in this game after you get the proper knowledge and alts... Also caring about loot is stupid and gay and stuff.

9. Make sure you always ask for a build on IRC before making one yourself, no matter how hard you try making your own build, it still sucks.

10. Currently we have very few players due to a few months without updates, this could be good or bad depending of wether you're a Nessie or the social kind.

There you go, have fun.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »

When you get around 5000 caps, you should buy a Buggy and do delivery quests for Gunrunners and Jerky delivery for Grisham.
That's 500 caps every time.
You can craft your own fuel you can use and sell if you make a Ranger House near SF mine.
When you get a delivery from Fun runners you should deliver it to me,i pay much more then those silly gun runners...

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 01:55:42 pm »

Dont be such a cookie. Better deliver it to me.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 11:34:55 am »

op i can give you cash if you want

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 07:30:12 pm »

op i can give you cash if you want
I have a horidible feeling that it is too late. :/
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.