"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:14:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New guns and ammo  (Read 10814 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
Re: New guns and ammo
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 11:00:34 pm »

Fallout 2 introduced already enough of the unfitting real life weapons into the universe. No need to go full retard.
More that merrier, as lots of people say.

Back In-Game :D

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 11:08:57 pm »

So you want to tell me that in reality there is people that can survive 8 shoots from rockets or bursts from  Minigun and other shit?... Why we dont have only 1hp chars that will be so close to reality (one shoot one kill) ? ...
Actually, you CAN survive around 10 bullets. Yes, people have done it.
Please, leave the minigun thing arone. I hsve.

I'm not 'opposed' to new guns, but I do want realistic limits........ more sneaker tank pk goodness? No thanx. Theres already enough slaving in the game, no need to give them a blowjob for our troubles.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:04:27 am by the underground »
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 11:51:22 pm »

It's Fallout, how can one talk about realism?

Strictly speaking, we talk about adding variety into the gameplay and not a nonplausible physics of each weapon.
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 07:32:04 am »

I don't get people. Ideas that add new variety? Ehh boring.

Ideas that add Ak47 and machine guns which are just basically rehashes of other weapons already in the game? THEY FUCKING LOVE IT!

Only interesting idea is the m79, but in a world with grenades still fairly useless in comparison to so much else, why bother? Why bother any new weapons when the current weapon system is mostly broken or boring.

JovankaB

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 09:12:22 am »

I would like to hear voice of developers too...

It was said many times that there is enough weapons in FOnline, they just need to be balanced,
useful for various situations and obtainable in ways according to their power.

There would have to be a good gameplay reason to introduce a new one, for example I think we
sort of lack a big gun or energy pistol that would be the cheapest crap for total newbies and very
easy to obtain - equivalent of mausers or shotguns for small guns. Then we could perhaps make
flamers and laser pistols slightly better and/or more expensive. But we certainly do not lack small
gun rifles, pistols and SMGs in the game in general, we already have plenty of those and many
aren't used for anything.

Out of those that you proposed I think only the grenade launcher could bring something really new,
explosive weapon for small guns.

The rest either have equivalents (like P90/10mm SMG) or is very similar to what exists already but
isn't used, because it's too hard or impossible to obtain (like Bozar).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:45:06 am by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 10:04:55 am »

It was said many times that there is enough weapons in FOnline, they just need to be balanced,

There would have to be a good gameplay reason to introduce a new one, for example I think we
sort of lack a big gun or energy pistol that would be the cheapest crap for total newbies and very
easy to obtain - equivalent of mausers or shotguns for small guns. Then we could perhaps make
flamers and laser pistols slightly better and/or more expensive. But we certainly do not lack small
gun rifles, pistols and SMGs in the game in general, we already have plenty of those and many

Out of those that you proposed I think only the grenade launcher could bring something really new,

The rest either have equivalents (like P90/10mm SMG) or is very similar to what exists already but
I agree with you in this, any way.
Today's problems with weapons are
-wrong weapon perk, or none (while other wapons in it's class have those, others not, making it very unbalanced)
-weigh and ammu used by weapon (shotgun ammo, 10mm ap, 9mm ball and 9mm crafted aren't balanced too, their stats vary much)
-no way to obtain some weapons by other gameplay features (p90, pancor, flamer mk2 - only crafting, and that means you need blueprint, also crafting recipes being unbalanced)
If this would be repaired/balanced, weapons might be ok for next sessions, and be usable, not only by hurr durr idling in ncr or killing rats.
h

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 12:53:27 pm »

More that merrier, as lots of people say.

Quality before quantity, as lots of people say.

Alvarez

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 03:04:38 pm »

So, as extreme low-tech BG weapon, i'd suggest a handicraft Musketesque.

Caliber .75, this primitive weapon use no rounds. Its replaceable chamber IS the actual round, filled with gunpowder, wadding and a Minié projectile, crafted separately and excluding the long and tedious process of reloading to workbench.
It is locked with a bayonet lock tightly onto the barrel with thick walls and etched rifling and is ignited by a self-made flintlock.

BOOM!
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 03:20:57 pm »

But there is reasons why those similiars weapons should be added...
MP5: Using 9mm ammo,finally you can use 9mm ammo more effective,not only for Mauser...
Colt .45: A the only one pistol that can use cal .45... it's better then Desert eagle or 10mm pistol,good for newbies i believe...
M79: Should work like frag granades but with higher dmg and range,animation on player could be same like have rifles (hunting,fn fal,ak,sniper...) but with different sound...
M14: the only rifle that is most using to snipe enemy is just sniper rifle,sometimes maybe someone use hunting rifle and that's all,so why no?...
M249: you can't run with M60 cause of it power,but with this you can,but it have lower stats...
Every piece of this suggested weapons have a reason why should be added...
I believe that Weapons in FO will be never balanced cause of dynamic situations that is happening always (armor conditon,luck,chance to hit,etc...).

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:23:47 pm by KILL N DIE »

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 05:47:58 pm »

Quality before quantity, as lots of people say.
"Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten." Rule 18.

I'm stiil not opposed to variety (hell I wanted the M-109 in fo2 but we got the bozar instead), but the M-2 is horrifically unbalancing. With the right round and a little care, they can disablr a TANK. And I mean an MBT like the Abrams, Leupold, Challenger, etc. not just a scout or APC. And disable, as in destroy iar intake moifolds (engine shuts down), drive hubs (tranks stop moving), track links (goes off the tracks), etc. Onr even managed to shatter enough of the turret mount in '04 to leave an Abrams with her turret stuck in one position, so to move the gun left to right they had to move the tank itself.

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 06:06:47 pm »

"Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten." Rule 18.

I'm stiil not opposed to variety (hell I wanted the M-109 in fo2 but we got the bozar instead), but the M-2 is horrifically unbalancing. With the right round and a little care, they can disablr a TANK. And I mean an MBT like the Abrams, Leupold, Challenger, etc. not just a scout or APC. And disable, as in destroy iar intake moifolds (engine shuts down), drive hubs (tranks stop moving), track links (goes off the tracks), etc. Onr even managed to shatter enough of the turret mount in '04 to leave an Abrams with her turret stuck in one position, so to move the gun left to right they had to move the tank itself.
Dude,again,FO isn't real life...

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »

Dude,again,FO isn't real life...
Burdt fire .50's are real enough when thry do 500 dmg.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:06 am »

I said I'm not "anti-new" and NOW!!!!! I can prove it:

BTW, this is NOT a new idea..... though admittedly previous incarnations weren't grenade launchers by TODAY'S standards (but compared to the tech of the time, ya, pretty much).

Alvarez

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2013, 11:45:18 am »

Metro, obvously you level your speech since you don't edit your doubleposts.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 11:48:00 am »

I want that revolver in rl.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.