"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 05:58:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: New guns and ammo  (Read 10819 times)

Re: New guns and ammo
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »

Well, here goes a fairly detailed and long post because well, hoping for more weapons is semi fantasy land but fun to dream.

MP5: Range lowered to 25 single and 20 burst, it is an smg and hitting things at a fair distance consistently is highly unlikely also switched to small guns 1 because well...it isn't all that great.

M82: Ahh the beautiful weapon, what the Bozar was supposed to be I believe, I would alter it to have a modified scoped perk where the negative modifier starts happening at a higher distance due to the sheer weight and size of the weapon causing difficulties, the penetrating power is already nicely covered by the ammo.  This would also allow the Bozar to be moved from being a special encounter weapon to being expensively craftable or a lvl 24 time consuming quest item.Also i think player should only walk with it due to weight and length

Browning:  I would increase it's range by 10 but also increase weapon spread where only 1-2 will hit at max range.  Walking only (we actually want to see it used in combat once in awhile and it being a fixed position only would see it only used for building entrance camping or nothing at all)

1911: Range decrease to 20, regardless of your description of accurate I will not be convinced it can shoot accurately at 25, the damage needs to be increased (the 16-25 of the vector actually seems like a good number for it) Basically a tier under the .223 pistol

M79: I agree that it should be switched to the M203, I don't see that weapon being used with those stats in all honesty unless blast radius is increased by 1-2 hexes above the rocket launcher, Also if possible I would add in an ammo that could illuminate (make visible) a few squares for a minute or two using the ground marker round for those that can almost see the area normally in their vision

M14:  I would argue it's ammo should actually be .308 for realities sake as it was an old rifle that was replaced, some are shipped to allies, a few kept for ceremonial purposes but most are sold to companies who re-chamber it to a civilian round.  The .308 is so very similar and has hunting power that it would be the obvious choice.  Damage also increase to 15-25 (Nice middle ground making it between the hunting rifle and the sniper rifle)

M249: No opinion really

Vector:  Lower range as it is once again an SMG, lower action point cost by 1, even if it uses the 45 it has a fantastic anti-recoil design.

Now the way I see it, most of this is fairly balanced out (M82 is probably OP but would be exceptionally rare) and more accurate to real life.

You also get +1 internets for making a very detailed suggestion unlike most of the crap shoveled in here.

About MP5 - The point was that it use 9mm,so you can finaly use the ammo more efectively...
About M82 - i agree about the perk,ammo already have the penetration power... the minus of the weapon is: Weight (9st,16kg),7 ap to shoot,hard to get. I bieleve that this weapon could replace old bozar as you said cause it now works like M82 not like an old Bozar...
About Browning and Colt - Agree
About M79 -  we have some old weapons in game but they are only few so why no M79 then? why m203? i prefer m79 for it simplycity.
About M14 - This gun should have lower ranger ana a little bit lower dmg but should be stronger then Hunting rifle for sure,it should replace the hunting that have actualy NCR army... about ammo i donu if there could be added .303 thats why i choose .223 but if not it should be atleast 7.62
About M249 - It have a smaller dmg then m60 but you can run with it,that was the point...
About Vector - i agree
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:03:07 pm by KILL N DIE »
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 04:17:09 pm »

The 10mm SMG is pretty much the Fallout version of a MP5. I think the Uzi would go much better.

Bozar = Anti-materie*l Rifle.

The M249 uses 7.62, right? or maybe 5,56? (sorry I am not a big gun nut) But my point is, the M60 and LSW are already there...

And why add AK-47 when we already have AK-112? I know the AK-47 pic looks cooler, but still.

Anyway, if it's about adding new weapons, I think it'd be nice to not only include new kinds of weapons (for example a grenade launcher), but also more variety for, say, the already existing ammo calibers, and different upgraded versions of already existing weapons, etc.

Some thoughts:

-A .45 pistol, with pretty much the same stats as the Grease Gun, but you can't burst with it (already mentioned Colt .45)

-Some sort of AK-112U, basically a 5mm SMG (check out the graphics in this NMA thread)

-Assault Rifle, Kobra-sighted. Adds the perk Scoped, or Accurate, to the weapon.

-Modified Turret Gun (yeah would need a pic). Simply an inferior minigun, with less bullets per burst (less damage). I thought it could be crafted by the player using wood, metal, junk and a "salvaged turret gun item" you can loot from some turrets and buy at the NCR robed guy surrounded by junk, and similar NPCs (to make it easier for low level characters to get it - new noob BG weapon).

I think adding new end-game weapons is ok but adding weaker noob weapons would be interesting too because, if NPCs use them, it would be easier for low level characters to defeat enemy NPCs instead of running away from raiders and sticking to rats and shit. In Fallout Tactics you were given a MP5 and being still level 1 you could go against enemy raiders because they were using weaker weapons.

Bozar= nonsense... it used to be a ful-auto rifle that is using .223 in FO 2,but now it is like barret so it should be changed,and also .50 BMG added...
M249 is using 7.62,and whats the point of it? You can run with it,not like with m60...
So,more weapons=more choices in PVP,more tactis and good feeling that there is something new finally,i believe that it would attract more people to the server,more crafters,more pvp,i done this for the good of the server and for fun in games...

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »

Adding weapons that got more dmg than m60 in BG type, is just stupid, because of the game mechanics, simply, weapon which fires with the best damage, and same bullets or big number of bullets with biggest amount of damage in it's class will be most used (that's why people use m60 and avenger, not lsw and improved flamer).
(look at the brd and crit builds)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:21:49 pm by Tomowolf »
h
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »

Adding weapons that got more dmg than m60 in BG type, is just stupid, because of the game mechanics, simply, weapon which fires with the best damage, and same bullets or bi number of bullets with biggest amount of damage in it's class will be most used (that's why people use m60 and avenger, not lsw and improved flamer).
Dude before you write some shit,read what i wrote...

M249

The Belgian made M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) was adopted widely in the late 20th Century as a squad level machine gun, vastly increasing the firepower available to individual squads

Damage    25 - 30

Burst    AP: 7, Range: 30, Rounds: 10
Damage type    Normal
Ammo    7.62mm
Ammo capacity    50
St. required    6
Type    Two-handed
Weight    7100 grams
Base price    4700 caps

M60
This relatively light machine gun was prized by militaries around the world for its high rate of fire. This reliable, battlefield-proven design, was used on vehicles and for squad level fire-support.

Damage    30 - 40
Burst    AP: 7, Range: 35, Rounds: 10
Damage type    Normal
Ammo    7.62mm
Ammo capacity    100
St. required    7
Type    Two-handed
Weight    10432 grams
Base price    5990 caps

WATCH THE DIFFERENCE...

EVEN A LSW HAVE BETTER DMG...

Light Support Weapon
This squad-level support weapon has a bullpup design. The bullpup design makes it difficult to use while lying down. Because of this it was remanded to National Guard units. It, however, earned a reputation as a reliable weapon that packs a lot of punch for its size.

Damage    22 - 37
Burst    AP: 7, Range: 35, Rounds: 10
n/a    
n/a    
Damage type    Normal
Ammo    .223
Ammo capacity    30
St. required    6
Type    Two-handed
Weight    9071 grams
Base price    6975 caps
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:28:19 pm by KILL N DIE »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »

I always tought there was a problem about adding weapons to the Fallout world. Every Fallout game has its own weapons and they are usually not entirely coherent with the other games.

Starting with the very items names, ffs, "Assault Rifle" was an ok name when there was only one assault rifle in the game, but imo if you're adding a "FN FAL", I'd change the "Assault Rifle" to "AK-112". I would personally suggest some weapons to be renamed, like the AR example.

Fallout 1 started with a set of weapons which was very limited and almost completely fictional. Then already in Fallout 2, some real or semi-fictional weapons were added. Mixing real firearms with fictional ones feels kinda weird, at least that's what I thought while playing FO2. So now if I had the AK-112 and the AK-47 in the same game, that'd feel really weird, not because there would be two AK's but because the Assault Rifle, while being an AK according to the description, looks different, so it seems that developers originally tought about "AK's" being something different in the Fallout world. That is why mixing real with fictional weapons is imho weird here. Especially if you're gonna have the real world weapon and its fictional counterpart (MP5 - 10mm SMG, for example).

I am not saying no new weapons should be added. There are a lot of weapons in TLA MK2 and it seems to work relatively well. I am just saying adding weapons without thinking about certain details makes the game world feel less coherent.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:36:14 pm by Eternauta »
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 06:42:07 pm »

I always tought there was a problem about adding weapons to the Fallout world. Every Fallout game has its own weapons and they are usually not entirely coherent with the other games.

Starting with the very items names, ffs, "Assault Rifle" was an ok name when there was only one assault rifle in the game, but imo if you're adding a "FN FAL", I'd change the "Assault Rifle" to "AK-112". I would personally suggest some weapons to be renamed, like the AR example.

Fallout 1 started with a set of weapons which was very limited and almost completely fictional. Then already in Fallout 2, some real or semi-fictional weapons were added. Mixing real firearms with fictional ones feels kinda weird, at least that's what I thought while playing FO2. So now if I had the AK-112 and the AK-47 in the same game, that'd feel really weird, not because there would be two AK's but because the Assault Rifle, while being an AK according to the description, looks different, so it seems that developers originally tought about "AK's" being something different in the Fallout world. That is why mixing real with fictional weapons is imho weird here. Especially if you're gonna have the real world weapon and its fictional counterpart (MP5 - 10mm SMG, for example).

I am not saying no new weapons should be added. There are a lot of weapons in TLA MK2 and it seems to work relatively well. I am just saying adding weapons without thinking about certain details makes the game world feel less coherent.
I said no word about AK-47,just sayin,i know someone else said... but anyway i were thinl alot about all kind of weapon that i placed herea and why it should be placed on game... i also show some details as well...

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 06:57:34 pm »

Dont get me started about the minigun.... If it were up to me they woukdnt exist at all.
We can make it a turret weapon on a Hummer.
See this I could get behind. In fact, I could get behind a few ideas that would make the M-2 look like a HUNTING RIFLE by comparion. And "just" the hummer? Why not everything else? (Don't make me google pics!)

Eternauta suggested turrets. Actually, that's a really good (and realistic) idea, but implenting them might cause devs fits (as in bald-headed fits).
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 07:04:55 pm »

Dont get me started about the minigun.... If it were up to me they woukdnt exist at all.See this I could get behind. In fact, I could get behind a few ideas that would make the M-2 look like a HUNTING RIFLE by comparion. And "just" the hummer? Why not everything else? (Don't make me google pics!)

Eternauta suggested turrets. Actually, that's a really good (and realistic) idea, but implenting them might cause devs fits (as in bald-headed fits).
Dude this isn't simulator or real life,this is just a game based on Fallout,none of these are realistic so please no more words about what is realistic and what is not...if you want realistic go outside and play...

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 07:10:54 pm »

No. I caught hell fot it before, so now I'm sticking to it.
At least I'm leaving the miniguns issue alone........

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 07:19:23 pm »

No. I caught hell fot it before, so now I'm sticking to it.
At least I'm leaving the miniguns issue alone........
This is a game,and game don't must be "close to reality" ...

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 09:15:33 pm »

This is a game,and game don't must be "close to reality" ...
If I'm gonna catch hell fot it before, then I'm gonna stick to it later on, after it's no longer convient to those who gave it to me.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 09:21:55 pm »

If I'm gonna catch hell fot it before, then I'm gonna stick to it later on, after it's no longer convient to those who gave it to me.
So you want to tell me that in reality there is people that can survive 8 shoots from rockets or bursts from  Minigun and other shit?... Why we dont have only 1hp chars that will be so close to reality (one shoot one kill) ? ...

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 10:01:27 pm »

So you want to tell me that in reality there is people that can survive 8 shoots from rockets or bursts from  Minigun and other shit?... Why we dont have only 1hp chars that will be so close to reality (one shoot one kill) ? ...

bear traps and mines would be really fun, reminds me Commandos...

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 10:06:30 pm »

Fallout 2 introduced already enough of the unfitting real life weapons into the universe. No need to go full retard.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 10:15:32 pm »

I would like to hear voice of developers too...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 17 queries.