"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:16:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Weapon Perks  (Read 1858 times)

Weapon Perks
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:06:42 am »

So in line with the previous suggestion I made, I'm out to make suggestions that promote variety in play and builds.

An area of the game that I think has a lot of potential is weapon perks. As it is now they're fairly simple, and extremely limited. On top of that, a larger variety of ammo types to promote variation will be detailed.

As it is now all weapons of a type have the same weapon perks. All 14mm pistols have penetration, all shotguns have accurate, etc. The suggestion, in addition to the following list of new weapon perks, is to make weapon perks a little bit randomized or at the very least not universal across all weapons. Probably having it tied to the crafting system would be best such that players can modify their weapons to suit their build or needs.

To reiterate and make it clear so it doesn't seem completely balanced, I'm not advocated that some of the perks be on all weapons, but that these mostly be possible additions through crafting, through randomizition if finding the weapon. Only a few would be reasonable to be on all weapons of its type.

Weapon perks

Ammo types- Because just JHP vs AP is rather boring.

In general I've given a lot of preference to things like shotguns and throwing, which don't get enough love as it is I think. I'll try and add some more later for melee and energy guns. I'm just not really familiar with the current meta on EW so I don't want to comment on it too much.

More to come later...main point is lets see some more unique weapon perks and ammo types that add variety.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:48:45 pm by Admiral Zombie »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Weapon Perks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »

Weapon perks are good as they are, but some weapons don't have them without any comment from DEV side.
Weapons like p90, LSW, aren't ballanced very well, cost much, wigh much (lsw, from the name light isn't that light) do low damage compared time to farm/craft weapon, and for most of all, don't have any weapon perk.
I propose for P90 spray and pray weapon perk, would work like perk for character, and for lsw perk long range, and adding the range of 3 to 38.
h
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

They're "fine" as they are now in that they're not causing a problem. But really do perks like "accurate" really make any difference for anyone except for those first 10 levels of leveling perhaps? The only perk that is extremely useful is penetrate, and maybe long range.

Knockback could be better, but shotguns in general aren't seeing enough use. Grenades have consistent knockdown, but they suffer from too low of damage with too low of range, when you can just use a rocket launcher instead to get way more damage and range.

What I'm proposing in general is to just increase build variety and styles by adding in a lot more variety specifically so that there is more variety in builds and play styles. Weapon perks is just a means to another end. Similar to character traits and perks, it isn't seriously broken right now, but it could be better and promote more variety.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:42:14 pm »

They're "fine" as they are now in that they're not causing a problem. But really do perks like "accurate" really make any difference for anyone except for those first 10 levels of leveling perhaps? The only perk that is extremely useful is penetrate, and maybe long range.

Knockback could be better, but shotguns in general aren't seeing enough use. Grenades have consistent knockdown, but they suffer from too low of damage with too low of range, when you can just use a rocket launcher instead to get way more damage and range.

What I'm proposing in general is to just increase build variety and styles by adding in a lot more variety specifically so that there is more variety in builds and play styles. Weapon perks is just a means to another end. Similar to character traits and perks, it isn't seriously broken right now, but it could be better and promote more variety.
Accurate is still cool perk for Avenger bursters, when you deal on ranges with crit bursters, and you have to have 95% chance to hit.
h
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 02:11:05 am »

Make the upgrades into BPs for kits that can be applied to a weapon using the repair window?

Perhaps also require profession/skill threshold.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 02:46:15 am »

Ok, I didn't like "blessed by thor" 'cause it's unrealistic, and I 'think' some are already covered, but there was some to love (esp Accurate).
+1
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 04:38:32 am »

Yeah by the time I got to the "blessed by thor" I was running out of steam and it was just something that came to mind and was more of a joke than anything else. I'll often put in ideas that I myself don't care for at all, if only because sometimes it inspires other good ideas for others.

Accurate is actually one of my least favored, simply because it just further promotes the already extremely popular burst builds. I would rather see other builds rise. That and I'm pretty skeptical about it for balance, but some kind of downside could work out somehow I think. Still better than the boring "+20% chance to hit"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:49:16 pm by Admiral Zombie »
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 04:44:38 pm »

Nice idea overall.

Accurate is actually one of my least favored, simply because it just further promotes the already extremely popular burst builds.

Fortunately there is really limited (id say -20%) chance of implementing this, so i woudnt bother:)
Actully im a little bit worried about 'blessed by thor' because it could ruin the balance, so its more likely to see it in the game... only hope my favorite DEV wont check this topic.

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »

The ideas that interest me personally are mainly ones like low blow, shrapnel, and spreadshot. The idea that a rocket or grenade only affects torso is really boring/plain. Not to mention that they have the same crippling chance as others?

A cripple option that isn't just hth or snipers would be nice, or even relying entirely on criticals (shouldn't be guaranteed obviously, but a separate luck roll perhaps?)

I had more ideas for unique ammo types, but I realized it would be better for more unique effects to be left as weapon perks, but damage modifiers to be left for ammo.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 08:22:11 am »

Its not the first time i can see this, even me personally suggested long time ago that burst damage should affect random limbs.  It just doesnt matter how good is your suggestion, it just wont happen.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 18 queries.