"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:46:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Finesse  (Read 3346 times)

Finesse
« on: May 11, 2013, 12:24:44 am »

the power of finesse
RBtE, Better Criticals included.

don't know why I posted that. Good night
Re: Finesse
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 12:51:47 am »

.44 magnum,no armor piercing bullets,perfect game mechanics.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

avv

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:57:14 am »

Eyecrits aren't what they used to be.

In addition, bypasses are more dependent on crit receiver's luck rather than the abilities of shooter.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:47:58 am »

I also think its exagerated.
You should be able to make some damage since you're aiming in the eye.
I could understand that kind of result in the head with helmet protection, but in the eyes...

Also, Aren't the general damages too much reduced with finesse?

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 10:51:23 am »

Pr0tip for newcomer snipers and ongoing snipers.
Do not try shooting in eyes, better go for head, less crit chance, but bigger chance for more damage/ko/ and not to miss.
Also luck isn't that improtant as Avv said, moreover only critchance is improtnt, there is no basically difference between 6 and 8 luck or 8 and 10.
Better go for more hps, anti other sniper traits/perks and shoot head.
If you want to be pure crippler, just take 10lk and finesse, and aim hands, and thats it.
h

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:36:36 pm »

Pr0tip for newcomer snipers and ongoing snipers.
Do not try shooting in eyes, better go for head, less crit chance, but bigger chance for more damage/ko/ and not to miss.
Also luck isn't that improtant as Avv said, moreover only critchance is improtnt, there is no basically difference between 6 and 8 luck or 8 and 10.
Better go for more hps, anti other sniper traits/perks and shoot head.
If you want to be pure crippler, just take 10lk and finesse, and aim hands, and thats it.

take finesse, aim for the hands/legs, then find out your sniper is complete shit.

Tomowolf

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 12:41:00 pm »

take finesse, aim for the hands/legs, then find out your sniper is complete shit.
If you know what I mean, then not.
Sniper's role has changed, he's now more support, than a main battle alt.
Used before to do instakills, now to KO/KD enemy + cripple/drop guns.
h
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 12:53:36 pm »

only critchance is improtnt, there is no basically difference between 6 and 8 luck or 8 and 10.
Critical chance bonus received from aiming the eyes at 6: 50,4%; 8: 55,2%; 10: 60%.
Aiming at head at 6: 33,6%; 8: 36,8%; 10: 40%.
Groin at 6: 25,2%; 8: 27,6%; 10: 30%. Arms are the same story.
You could say it makes quite a difference(in critical chance) when you're going to aim for eyes. It's getting lower with the other body parts though.

Well, anyway, I owe you some explanations.
Firstly, I think Solar messed something up... I didn't test it before, since I didn't try a sniper this session yet. Now I'm trying.
Must read 1., must read 2. Changes done to snipers after those 2 Solar's posts: RBtE buff(25%->50%); helmet anti crit modifiers doubled(could it make such significance?); "adjusted critical hit tables"(another nerf? or buff? who knows?); "slightly adjusted critical hit tables"(again).

Those shots were a laser pistol versus a metal mask with finesse! Metal mask has 75DR against laser, finesse gives another 30DR, does it mean it should deal 0 damage? Maybe, but...
First: isn't DR capped at 95? Well, doesn't matter, the damage would be still shit. We still have DT so it really could fall down to 0.
Second: would I do ANY damage, if I didn't take finesse? Probably yes. There's the part where Solar could have messed up.
So Finesse is about an 11-14% increase in damage ... and better crit effects on top of course.
As for Finesse being OP. First of all, it would only be a good/great choice when targetting head/eyes.
Both of these have the same crit chance targetting CA Helmets, but the afterwipe version takes an extra trait slot and has the -crit roll effect of the helmet and the 30% DR for the 5-10% shots that aren't criticals.
Why am I quoting Solar? He is responsible for the sniper changes and the involved maths(probably).
According to him, finesse should be actually increase in overall damage. But the test says otherwise. If I didn't have finesse, I most probably would do ANY damage. With finesse, I did 0. Now notice the bold part in my last quote. "30% DR for the 5-10% shots that aren't criticals". Does it mean the DR bonus should be mitigated every time a critical is applied? According to Solar, yes. That would mean there's a bug in the system's implementation.
It could also mean that armor bypasses are way too rare.

It's possible there's an error in my thinking and I'm totally wrong. But if you see my point, you could conclude the same thing I have... snipers were overnerfed and it wasn't meant to be like that.

Tomowolf

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 01:00:52 pm »

If It wasn't meant to be like that, look at it from the PVPers point of view:
- They can shoot from the biggest range, doing KO's - that's pretty neat
- They can go back easily, because of lower range of other enemy's weapons
- They do not use TONs of ammo and superstims during battles, so they're much cheaper than other builds, still being good.

I think, bypasses for snipers are doing too much damage, one shoot deciding about if a 285 hp tank gonna die or not is pretty not cool.
h

avv

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 01:20:10 pm »

It could also mean that armor bypasses are way too rare.

Like it was said, bypasses depend on receiver's luck.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 02:49:53 pm »

- They do not use TONs of ammo and superstims during battles, so they're much cheaper than other builds, still being good.
Sniper without 12 SS or more is dead on sight, at least in crowded actions.

Tomowolf

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 02:52:07 pm »

Sniper without 12 SS or more is dead on sight, at least in crowded actions.
So you use to it as tank or as sniper  ;D ;D?
h

Dark.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 02:55:30 pm »

So you use to it as tank or as sniper  ;D ;D?
Tank takes less damage than any other build. It doesn't need as many SS as a sniper. If you want to last enough in big actions with a sniper, only way out is to bring such amount of SS.

Tomowolf

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 02:56:34 pm »

Tank takes less damage than any other build. It doesn't need as many SS as a sniper. If you want to last enough in big actions with a sniper, only way out is to bring such amount of SS.
Oh so?
Tanky means having lot of hps, not Having 5x toughness and adrealine rush  ;D ;D (In this game, because you cannot just stack lot of resistances).
h

Dark.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 03:00:26 pm »

Oh so?
Tanky means having lot of hps, not Having 5x toughness and adrealine rush  ;D ;D (In this game, because you cannot just stack lot of resistances).
Aha, point still stands.

Back to topic, Finesse on a sniper isn't the best choice, just take Sharpshooter and RBtE. Also, be sure to have enough INT, since if you're planning to get 1 ST Sniper you'll find out that around 240~% SG skill is required.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:08:32 pm by Dark. »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.