"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 12:35:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tank Sneak Hybrid BUILD HELP!  (Read 1565 times)

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
Tank Sneak Hybrid BUILD HELP!
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:59 pm »

Alright I'm trying too make a new build and I need some feedback since I'm not really good at making builds, I'd like some feedback by the community, thanks.

Alright here it is

If I took the sneak, will I have too get rid of Brof and the action boys, I'm not entirely sure on this build it doesn't have as much HP as I would like too so I i dropped the action boys for the Life Givers if so?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:23:43 pm by 700noob007 »
Re: Tank Sneak Hybrid BUILD HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:01:10 am »

First and most importantly: What do you plan to do with this build?

Only thing I can really think is PvP probably, but it is good to know for sure.

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:17 am »

Yes, it's for PvP most likely reno so I can I can surprise them :) and resneak quickly.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:44:27 am »

and with what weapon? LSW?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:27 am »

I guess you wanted to talk about a Big gun sneak character, not a tank because snipers have the same amount of HP...

I don't think First aid is usefull, doctor is much more interesting.
I would forget Skilled; instead I would take the Perk Ghost and put 270% in Sneak as there are lots of walls in Reno. The second perk gained would probably be Bonus Rate of Fire.
Even if you are poor, it's easy for you to craft Cigarettes and Nuka-Cola. So if you take this you have +1 Perception +1 Agility. I would put this 2 points saved in Endurance to have a bit more HP.

Well I have no idea about this build, but I wanted to notice some little things.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 02:59:33 am »

I play mostly PvE, although I did play more seriously PvP about a year or so ago. Beyond that I've always found build design the most interesting/fun part of the game. With all of that in mind, take my opinion with a grain of salt I guess.

I would agree, dropping skilled would be necessary. Perks in the game are just too powerful. To make up for lost skill points, I would suggest dropping the points you've put into first aid (tagging it is fine, or tag the doctor skill. IMO doctor is better for PvP since you can heal limbs more easily that way on the go, and take stimpaks for hp.)

Do you plan to be taking any drugs? For now I'll assume you aren't. If you feel wealthy enough to do so, I would suggest dropping weapon handling and instead make use of buffout (I prefer to avoid builds that rely on drugs, but that is a per player matter, and how deep your pockets are)

Dropping skilled trait will give a lot more perks. Bonus ranged damage is extremely valuable, grabbing both will give +5 damage per bullet shot, which is HUGE for bursting with miniguns. Although if you plan to stick with only rocket launchers, then it isn't worth it. Having the option of both is always good though.

As it is, you're not really "tanky." Building yourself tanky would require more health, the toughness perks, etc. Keep that in mind. As it is, you're just about average in HP/tankiness, and no where near the top tier for tankiness. Although I do agree that you would be better off dropping the hope of tankiness, you would be spreading yourself too thin otherwise.

I can see silent running being useful, but this really depends on how you plan to play your sneaker. If you are patient and simply waiting in ambush, then I would suggest dropping it. If you plan to run a lot and stay very mobile (decent idea if you're going to drop the "tankiness" aspect) then it can be worth it. Again this depends on what you're willing to do. You can get tankier by dropping this, but I would always keep that in mind, tankier but slower sneaking and ambushing, or less tanky and able to run about and stay mobile.

You can probably get away with dropping intelligence by 1, your perception by 1, and getting 2 more points in endurance, that should help you get a little closer to "tankier." You can make up for lost skill points by getting ghost for that 300% sneak, you just gotta micro a little bit better and can't stay in the open as easily.

If you're really loaded on money and have allies, you can just get stealthboys as well. I wouldn't assume this as an option though.

For trait replacements, consider small frame to get another point elsewhere, such as endurance if you can get another point elsewhere. Fast metabolism would be extremely useful if you're dropping first aid for doctor, it doubles your healing rate from every minute to every 30 seconds. The more endurance you have, the more useful this becomes (and with enough doctor you can get even more healing rate). I like loner, just always remember that it will be a "wasted" trait when you reach level 24. But thats only true if you **really** want to be tweaked to the max, which this build is pretty far from as it iis.

With the amount of intelligence you have, it wouldn't hurt to put 10 skillpoints into science, and get another +10% exp bonus though.

And remember, every 2 points in endurance is equal to an extra 27 (28?) or so HP by level 24. Plus you stand up to criticals better and don't get knocked down as much.

I've said a lot here, they're all just notes to keep in mind obviously as some suggestions conflict with others.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:15:34 am by Admiral Zombie »
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 03:16:34 am »

That is not a tank..

I have create a build big guns 2 shoot tank with 300 sneak and chem resistant, for playing in reno.

But sneak big gun dont work if you play alone, you can use it if you have a big team to protect you.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:18:09 am by -Max Payne- »

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 03:19:01 am »

Jet, Psycho, Buffout, Nuka-Cola, Cigarettes:

Nuka-Cola, Cigarettes:

Both are 12 AP, 2-shot BG builds.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 08:28:38 am »

Best sneaks are gatling sneaks.

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 09:52:48 am »

Think I'll go with my original build, 300 Sneak and 12 APwith BROF I plan on using M60s so Brd won't really matter, and if that doesn't work I could switch too LSW.

EDIT: Even if it doesn't work I can always restart!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:56:11 am by 700noob007 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.