"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:35:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Town Control - way cooler.  (Read 1663 times)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Town Control - way cooler.
« on: May 05, 2013, 01:35:48 pm »

Purpose of this suggestion is to bring more fun to the TC and encourage small factions to do it.
1. Reward system.
The reward system currently is just pretty broken - you need to stay in the combat zone for 30 minutes to spawn loot (you need to have proper gear I guess so), still lone guy can spawn loot for himself, this shouldn't go this way.
To encourage people for fight and for more activity in towns I suggest changing it, that minimum 4 players need to stand in the combat zone OUTSIDE of the buildings to spawn loot (well, this should make loot spawn in bigger amounts but still, players need to share it)

The loot actually in all cities is the same - some amount of ammunition, resources from town, and drugs (we all love drugs)
But as soon we realize, that we don't need 9mm ball and 9mm ammo, and tons of flamer fuel, rest of ammo is usable, we can take it, but the box should only spawn stuff unless its less than 100% full.

2. Taking the town.
Also as we see, in Broken Hills, the loot ratio is the biggest - biggest amount of drugs, ammo and resources spawn here.
To balance it, cities should be able to control with gear proper to the town, let's get Klamath, - you get there poor reward, so TC should be able to do there with tier 0 stuff and so on.
I suggest making this like that :
Modoc/Klamath tier 0 stuff
Gecko/Den tier 1 stuff
Broken Hills/Redding tier 2 stuff
This may bring some balance to the fights and make bigger variety than using just tesla/camk2 and gatling/avenger/rl/sniper rifle

3. Advantages from having town
As we know, we can do several things is some towns
I suggest that faction controlling the city for more than 3 hours can get some income in services, which happen in the cities, for example:
In Den, we'll sell slaves for more caps, and buy for less.
In Redding, we can sell gold for more caps
In BH, the price of process of refining uranium would be halved
In Gecko, we can use machine to produce MFC (only MFC)
In Klamath we can sell gecko pelts for more and be able to buy them.
Those just are examples, but could bring activities in towns, and more fun to the players, making TC more challenging or less, dependant on the town which faction is taking.

That's all from my side, I'll add further info, If I get more ideas.
Feel free to comment, I'm looking forward for DEV comment too.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:47:31 pm by Tomowolf »
h

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Town Control - way cooler.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 02:31:07 pm »

standing outside to get loot sounds for me as nothing but boring grinding, theloot should be spawned for having town, not for standing near it.

2nd suggestion is ok, third is more or less ok, but i didint see many pvp factions buying uranium ore to craft mfc, so this might lead in doing some development for nothing :)

Tomowolf

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 02:53:10 pm »

standing outside to get loot sounds for me as nothing but boring grinding, theloot should be spawned for having town, not for standing near it.

2nd suggestion is ok, third is more or less ok, but i didint see many pvp factions buying uranium ore to craft mfc, so this might lead in doing some development for nothing :)
I meant to not camp inside buildings, it would be better like it's now, - go afking for 5 hours inside building, and then collect reward.
h
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 10:03:40 pm »

About reward system:

It’s pretty broken and pretty boring. Let’s try something smoky. I suggest event system. Faction guarding a town is allowed to launch events. Events  can be launched every one or two hours. Reward depends on event results. Two examples below:
  • Protecting  town. Faction is responsible for protecting town for 15 minutes. Every citizen killed during event decrease reward. Player who kill citizen during town protection can get reward from Hub criminals. Players are informed about town protection event.
  • Protecting caravan. Faction is responsible for  protecting caravan (brahim, or slaves). Every brahim/slave killed decrease reward. Player who kill brahim/slave can get reward from Hub criminals. Automatic “distress” signal is send from caravan encounters. Every players is informed about caravan event (source, destination and radio channel).

Tomowolf

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:11:24 pm »

About reward system:

It’s pretty broken and pretty boring. Let’s try something smoky. I suggest event system. Faction guarding a town is allowed to launch events. Events  can be launched every one or two hours. Reward depends on event results. Two examples below:
  • Protecting  town. Faction is responsible for protecting town for 15 minutes. Every citizen killed during event decrease reward. Player who kill citizen during town protection can get reward from Hub criminals. Players are informed about town protection event.
  • Protecting caravan. Faction is responsible for  protecting caravan (brahim, or slaves). Every brahim/slave killed decrease reward. Player who kill brahim/slave can get reward from Hub criminals. Automatic “distress” signal is send from caravan encounters. Every players is informed about caravan event (source, destination and radio channel).
The first one abusable/trollable as fuck, just come with grease gun bluesuits and kill npcs, easy.
The second one seems ok.
h
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »

The first one abusable/trollable as fuck, just come with grease gun bluesuits and kill npcs, easy.
So faction will be responsible for protecting 2 - 3 (randomly selected) citizens. I think it's less abusable now.

Tomowolf

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »

So faction will be responsible for protecting 2 - 3 (randomly selected) citizens. I think it's less abusable now.
sneaker nader with plasma nade, still abusive :P.
h
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 11:01:31 pm »

sneaker nader with plasma nade, still abusive :P.
Ok, ok… . This is only example of event, I understand that there is a problem with balance and details. What do you think about general idea (events – protecting citizens (flag), protecting caravans, etc… - 15 minutes of action) instead of current system?

Tomowolf

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:03:41 pm »

We need more activites in town, it was stated already somewhere by DEVs, that there will be something more to do in cities, and this will give factions ruling the town some rewards from this, the caravan idea seems cool, but the first is easily abusable.
h
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 16 queries.