"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 09:35:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: An Idea for The Devs  (Read 8686 times)

avv

Re: An Idea for The Devs
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 12:57:56 pm »

I just can't wait to see those beautiful changes that will come from such closed paradise of jovanka and her followers  ;)

You're talking like you won't be invited :>
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

Just picked up the worst ones I found. These posts didn't bring anything to the discussion.
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 01:10:14 pm »

Yes, if that happens, I will cry a daily river of tears from my sadness..  :'(
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »

[...]

No matter what you (you means all devs) gonna say about cruel-troll-fucked up-and so on players, the result of your dev 'vision' is completely unplayable game, filled up with tons of useless features, and solid lack of usefull/fun stuff.

The problem arguing you (you means just you Jovanka) is that game is pretty BIG, and there always be one or two human beings, that gonna play online. Rest of us wont.

When i read your suggestion about closed forum, i finally got it - what people say about you: that you have unbelievable skill in ruining every working activity in FO. Now you try to 'upgrade' forum. Thats the last part of 2238 which hasnt been fucked up. So go for it, complete your lifetime quest:))

Berko

• Tim Tom Ted
    • http://kabefis.deviantart.com/
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 03:10:28 pm »

I think players have played this server for too long, they are bored and it's the main problem. (And others things contribute to this boring problem)

Here a quick overview from Cpt.Rookie data (before April 2013):

And with some other server

2238 team have already done a gorgeous work, thanks to them. It will be sad if server really stop, maybe prepare the next session? I wanted to know what this server will look like with all 3D content (and to say "3D team" didn't do all this work for nothing..).
~~~ Ashes of Phoenix project --> http://fonline-aop.net/ ~~~

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 03:11:08 pm »

I expected JovankaB to snap and simply instaban everyone she doesn't like and everyone who criticizes her amazing work (which is pretty much the same thing). It's hilarious how she yet again exceeded my expectations and one-upped it with something even more retarded - because let's face it, listening only to people who tell you how awesome you are might be good for a therapy session, but it won't help you in making better development decisions.

Another hilarious thing about this idea is that I suggested something like that with the players who'd be allowed to participate in such a closed forum being selected by the community via a popular vote, but Jovanka simply started talking smack, trolled the hell out of the thread and basically called me an asshole and a monster. Now she's all about implementing the idea, but not without butchering everything that was good about it. Militia Now, Redux.

You're amazing Jo-B, keep on rolling!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:20:09 pm by Nice_Boat »

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33:10 pm »

Recently the community has been saying "oh the devs suck."
Might have as well stopped reading the thread here. As far as I can tell, people have been shouting that for about 3 or 4 years now.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »

People throwing insults and shitposting irrelevant stuff are asking for a ban and should also get one.

Absolutely true. I would hammer the ban button like nobody else, but sadly many peeps are able to hide their insults under harmless looking posts and as soon as we ban & delete, the next ones will come and yell how we simply delete and ban everything we don't like to read.

Though, keep in mind: We are already deleting really shitty posts like madmen. The junkboard is like a huge brain tumor... Reading it makes you bleed out of your eyes and ears.

Anyway, I think everything worthwhile was said already now. The forum needs harsher moderation, the devs need to write more about what they are going to do and the forum folks need to tune down their insulting. If this place isn't fun to read in, then it isn't fun to work on the game and if it isn't fun to work on it, it's like a second job with shitty payment... nobody wants to do that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:44:27 pm by Lexx »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 03:44:38 pm »

Absolutely true. I would hammer the ban button like nobody else, but sadly many peeps are able to hide their insults under harmless looking posts and as soon as we ban & delete, the next ones will come and yell how we simply delete and ban everything we don't like to read.

Though, keep in mind: We are already deleting really shitty posts like madmen. The junkboard is like a huge brain tumor already. Reading it makes you bleed out of your eyes and ears.

reading the junk board was one of the best activities in 2238, but it was sadly nerfed :(
and talking about shitposts and stuff like that, well if devs would listen to opinion which players post, maybe players wouldnt need to spam shit. This is my opinion, and at least i feel this way, if no one cares about serious posts/suggestions/points you make out for the game, then there is no need for serious posts.

best examples would be to look upon the recent created topics, no matter what they suggest, what is their purpose, the discussion in them is always turned into 'devs suck, games dead' style and i think its because it doesnt matter what they suggest for devs in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:55:33 pm by vedaras »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 03:48:48 pm »

The active devs are - as far as I know - mainly trying to fix broken features and not add huge new ones.

which is funny considering that the exact opposite has happened this session - huge gameplay features being implemented without no warning whatsoever.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 03:51:03 pm »

Well, let me jump back a few years in time: People were posting so many suggestions and often the same, that we just couldn't read every single post and provide feedback of whatever kind. It's a lot work- at least as much as working on the actual game, I'd say. We did read a lot, but it was / is simply impossible to answer every suggestion thread in detail.

I am not saying we handled it good, but there were only so and so many things we could do per day. It simply flooded the gates. In the end, it would have required a special person who would do nothing else than reading everything and transforming it into a list with good overview and priority, etc.

which is funny considering that the exact opposite has happened this session - huge gameplay features being implemented without no warning whatsoever.

"As far as I know"

The only "huge gameplay feature" I remember right now is idling. Everything else was changes to the existing system, I think. Not 100% sure right now, though. Last wipe is already many months ago.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:54:34 pm by Lexx »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 03:53:57 pm »

Well, let me jump back a few years in time: People were posting so many suggestions and often the same, that we just couldn't read every single post and provide feedback of whatever kind. It's a lot work- at least as much as working on the actual game, I'd say. We did read a lot, but it was / is simply impossible to answer every suggestion thread in detail.

I am not saying we handled it good, but there were only so and so many things we could do per day. It simply flooded the gates. In the end, it would have required a special person who would do nothing else than reading everything and transforming it into a list with good overview.

"As far as I know"

The only "huge gameplay feature" I remember right now is idling, the rest was changes to existing system, I think. Not 100% sure right now.

the HUGE gameplay changes were ALOT this season starting with broken AC, the last being forced to work day in and day out to craft stimpaks and 5mm AP.

which is why you should say what are you working on / planning to change so you don't waste your time implementing shit features half the server don't want and the other half are indifferent to it.

maybe a sub-forum for it...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:55:36 pm by DeputyDope »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »

Well, then let me make my post a little more precise:

The active devs RIGHT NOW are  - as far as I know - mainly trying to fix broken features and not add huge new ones.

I never wanted to say that broken features are beging fixed since last wipe.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 04:05:53 pm »

well, i imagine fixing stuff like bugs etc. as a priority for a complete finished game, which requires no changes in mechanics/gameplay etc. only new content and bug fixes.
But the current game state is beta, still many stuff needs to be developed/changed and only then most of the work should be put in fixing. i know that devs do not get a cent for what they are doing now, so its not really fair to tell them what to do, but players also donate, they put the part they can in contributing the game, so they feel like having right to say the opinion about game, the problem now is that both sides think about their own part, when they should think about the other.

JovankaB

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 04:40:39 pm »

listening only to people who tell you how awesome you are might be good for a therapy session, but it won't help you in making better development decisions.

I don't think I ever wrote about a place for yes-sayers. I meant a board for people who instead
of indulging in personal attacks (like you) give their feedback about features which are getting
implemented or planned by criticizing them in a polite, and more importantly - rational manner.

Another hilarious thing about this idea is that I suggested something like that with the players who'd be allowed to participate in such a closed forum being selected by the community via a popular vote

I think perhaps we meant two different things, because I didn't mean a place for some kind
of "community representation". I see no need for this kind of thing. In fact I find it unethical
and harmful, I would never want to force any player to be represented by a person they did
not choose and that's how elections work unless everyone agrees and votes the same person.

I meant a place for everyone who can give their feedback to developers in acceptable manner,
and any person could be invited as long as they were capable to discuss like mature people.

Now, if a group of players instead of stating their opinion individually wants to choose someone
to write on their (and only their) behalf, nobody is stopping them from doing so. You can do it
even now. If they pick someone who will focus on personal attacks, flaming, sniping, posting
crap, such person could be simply ignored and not invited to such closed forum. At the same
time I see no reason why we couldn't invite any person who is capable to discuss like an adult,
just because the person didn't win some "community election".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:58:37 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.