"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:40:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: An Idea for The Devs  (Read 8678 times)

Re: An Idea for The Devs
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 10:40:19 am »

We mention things that we work on or things that are todo on the forum sometimes.
But perhaps the post I quoted is a good example why this doesn't happen more...~

I'm afraid we would spend most of the time reading personal attacks, nonsense flames
and even outright insults than any useful feedback about upcoming stuff.
I can't wait for this bad boy to get implemented and see you complaining again how there was no feedback.

avv

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 11:30:29 am »

Failing to restrain from using insults and stating false claims will lead to devs abandoning forums but they will still work on the game without care what players say.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 11:31:11 am »

I can't wait for this bad boy to get implemented and see you complaining again how there was no feedback.

Funny that you brought it up, distress thread shows how low quality comments
you can get here and you are one of the best examples right on the first page:

Your existence as a 2238 developer is an abuse in human reasoning.

Thanks for your input.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:49:19 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 11:51:49 am »

Funny that you brought it up, distress thread shows how low quality comments
you can get here and you are one of the best examples right on the first page:

Thanks for your input.
Low quality ideas get you low quality comments.

avv

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 11:59:55 am »

Low quality ideas get you low quality comments.

So you can't control yourself if someone writes a message that you can't agree with?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 12:05:08 pm »

So you can't control yourself if someone writes a message that you can't agree with?
Of course not, that's why the forums have the reply button my little turbo farmer.

JovankaB

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 12:14:38 pm »

Well the first post wasn't meant to be a suggestion, it was just something I mentioned
in another thread and it was split from there, because of uproar and the whole (other)
thread going off-rails. I later tried to explain my point, you on the other hand jumped
right to personal attacks and spewing nonsense... and honestly I don't see you doing
much more now either.

Nevertheless people also brought good points there, I want to say it clearly. But digging
through mud and shit to get to some good points is really tiring and demotivating. Perhaps
some closed board for civilized people could be a solution.
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 12:14:56 pm »

Can you?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »

People say this since we released in 2009. :)

Additionally, Jovanka is right. As soon as we are posting something, someone will jump out of the bush, throwing around insults. And it is not my hobby to read insults.

But look here year by year, the player number only decreased, except one month, when we had wipe.
http://www.riget.info/fonline/playerStats.php?r=year&s=1262304061&ts=0&ar=0&step=10

People admire the work devs put into this game, but also people want the results, not the work. And the results are ruined shit shoveling/bartering/repair and many other features, and instead of fixing these things players receive only arogant feedback from devs simply telling that they dont care about what player thinks, and updates come in those places where no one asks for an update, like new item empty battle..., but the urgent cases people begs for fixing are left to dust. Updates, new content, hard work and all other stuff wont lead the game anywhere, if players wont accept it, you have to understand that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:21:15 pm by vedaras »

avv

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 12:24:39 pm »

So davrot how can you make remarks about devs ignoring feedback if you yourself aren't able to provide it properly?

Can you?

Yea I can. I don't have some sort of irresistible urge to insult other people just because they disagree or present an opinion or idea that contradicts with mine.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 12:37:22 pm »

So davrot how can you make remarks about devs ignoring feedback if you yourself aren't able to provide it properly?
I never said I provided feedback, there are other people in that thread expressing their displeasure.
It's not my problem if that feedback brings hurt feelings®.
I would love to continue this petty bickering but my idling timer is almost up.

P.S.
Beautiful dev defense work I almost chuckled, give this man honorary membership in the new closed forum!

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 12:41:18 pm »

Additionally, Jovanka is right. As soon as we are posting something, someone will jump out of the bush, throwing around insults. And it is not my hobby to read insults.

People throwing insults and shitposting irrelevant stuff are asking for a ban and should also get one.

I think what Starner is proposing is a good idea to try out. Talking about these things just need some rules and banhammer for braking the rules.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 12:43:13 pm »

People throwing insults and shitposting irrelevant stuff are asking for a ban and should also get one.

I think what Starner is proposing is a good idea to try out. Talking about these things just need some rules and banhammer for braking the rules.

insults? where? shitposting? where?

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »

insults? where? shitposting? where?

Quoting couple messages from the thread davrot linked.

These posts are supposed to be about the distress call feature:

"Your existence as a 2238 developer is an abuse in human reasoning."

"Yes nerf everything possible.Nerf exping make the exp requirement to 9000K to reach lvl24 and make every critter bring 1exp per kill."

"I can see this nerf with the next update, because noone from the devs won't give a shit about players' opinion on this topic.
*spits on ground*
Way to go, dev, way to go... "

Just picked up the worst ones I found. These posts didn't bring anything to the discussion.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:55:42 pm by Opera »
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 12:54:16 pm »

give this man honorary membership in the new closed forum!
I just can't wait to see those beautiful changes that will come from such closed paradise of jovanka and her followers  ;)

Anyway, I think that Lexx has answered clearly what is what and leading where.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.