"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 04:58:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New tools  (Read 1998 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
New tools
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:45:29 am »

We have tools for repair, and lockpick sets for lockpicking, now we need tools for traps and science. Possibly a steel rod for bear traps, or maybe just use a crowbar. Item text for a rod could be "A light but durable steel rod. Used for poking things." It could give +50% traps, but only for bear traps. Also, wire cutters, to add +50% with frag mines. The item text for this could be "These sharp cutters are for cutting the little red wire in bombs." Now, for science. An item to increase your science could be a big book of science, which adds 50% to your science. Just some ideas here. Let me know opinions.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
Re: New tools
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:00 am »

+1
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 03:08:31 pm »

awesome idea, a step against int 10 skilled alts

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:20 pm »

Good suggestion is good.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 08:08:55 pm »

Wood poles could be used for disarming traps. Once.

Gimper

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 08:21:51 pm »

Wood poles could be used for disarming traps. Once.
Yeah I was thinking that, but then lockpicker alts would just keep a $#!+ load of poles in their inventory.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:23:16 pm »

Yeah I was thinking that, but then lockpicker alts would just keep a $#!+ load of poles in their inventory.
or a hatchet.
h

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 09:33:22 pm »

Mines could be also actually also disarmed by targeted fire and grenades, but it's again too realistic for the gameplay.

What about a metal detector? It runs with SEC, increases the chance of finding the crate and gives you a +2PE for Traps?

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:03:16 pm »

My long reply:
Ever seen the movie Platoon? In the closing scene, Rock beats his chest holding a stick wrapped in barbed wire; that's actually what it was for. It wouldn't disarm a trap, but it would set one off prematurely, EVEN IF HE DIDN'T SEE IT. All he had to do was poke it to reveal or trip it, and even in the case of explosives he'd get not nearly as hurt.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40:31 am »

+1

Metal pole, wooden pole, metal tube, crowbar - all would trip a bear trap with no injuries. Wooden things would be used in the process but metal things could be re-used. The Scout Handbook could boost Traps skill while in inventory. Science Book good idea too - has to be in inventory to give bonus. Having a G.E.C.K in inventory could make Science insta-300.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »

Make metal pole usable (from the quest, "Get rid of the railway gang").
h

Gimper

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 05:44:18 pm »

Make metal pole usable (from the quest, "Get rid of the railway gang").
Ah!! I never thought about that! They are pretty rare in-game to see, so they wouldn't be spammed or over-stocked. Great idea.
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 12:59:39 am »

Now, for science. An item to increase your science could be a big book of science, which adds 50% to your science.

The thing with science is, the skill is not the "true" science skill like in SP Fallouts (hacking, getting better intel from databases).
Instead Science is just disassembling stuff, which in my opinion counts as a mechanic action, it should be renamed if it wasn't also used to get the energy expert profession. Apart from McGyver I can't imagine anyone turning the screws in a pistols casing with a book. :P
So my suggestions for a "science"-tool would be
- Super Tool kit (can still also boost repair ofc) +50 science
- a handy blow torch (which btw could also be a fun fire based weapon ;D) +75 science
- ??
something in that direction..

EDIT: Actually I don't like the use of the skill in fonline at all – I mean how weird is that.. you need 2 different skills to make and break the same gun/armor... Instead there should be a cooler use for it.. maybe for electric door locks that can be hacked.
Or more tasks in lucrative, repeatable quests revolving around getting info from computers..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:04:29 am by BLDYMSS »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.