"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 03:56:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Take some hints from TLAMK2  (Read 2258 times)

Take some hints from TLAMK2
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »

One of the things I love about TLAMK2 is that it has more than twice the amount of useable weapons and armor 2238 has. Stuff like Vindicators, G11s, Solar Scorchers, G36s, and Gauss Rifles are 100% obtainable. It doesn't seem like much, but the lack of varied weapons is just one of the small stupid things that adds up and makes this game mediocre.

Is there any REAL reason for having disabled so many weapons in 2238, or is it due to dev laziness/thinking they're OP?
Knowledge is the key to the mind which is a mysterious doorway through a long dark hallway

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: Take some hints from TLAMK2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:37:19 pm »

One of the things I love about TLAMK2 is that it has more than twice the amount of useable weapons and armor 2238 has. Stuff like Vindicators, G11s, Solar Scorchers, G36s, and Gauss Rifles are 100% obtainable. It doesn't seem like much, but the lack of varied weapons is just one of the small stupid things that adds up and makes this game mediocre.

Is there any REAL reason for having disabled so many weapons in 2238, or is it due to dev laziness/thinking they're OP?
Because random blokes in jumpsuits that hang around NCR aren't really supposed to have access to technology that was rare even before the great war.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:54:02 am »

Because random blokes in jumpsuits that hang around NCR aren't really supposed to have access to technology that was rare even before the great war.
Except it's not rare. Everyone in San Fran has G11s.
Knowledge is the key to the mind which is a mysterious doorway through a long dark hallway

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 08:11:53 am »

Sorry to admit that, but I've observed bad thing in FOnline 2238 people mind.
This is all about they got closed in the world where only one post-apo game was Fallout 1, then series ended.
And this is a bad thinking, thus players want to be madmaxwanabes, not post-apo landers, which is pretty funny, in the retro-styled post-apo world with newest technologies available for everyone who moves his ass from time to time.
h

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

And how many people would actually use all those weapons? Having 100 weapons in a game doesn't make it good, that's a myth. Let's make G11 usable! Oh look, nobody anymore uses weapons that are worse than G11. Really, tell me, how many people actually use below top-tier weapons in PvP? Sure, hunting rifle is a thing (at least used to be as a cheap replacement for sniper rifle in some cases, don't know how it is now).
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Tomowolf

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 12:33:46 pm »

And how many people would actually use all those weapons? Having 100 weapons in a game doesn't make it good, that's a myth. Let's make G11 usable! Oh look, nobody anymore uses weapons that are worse than G11. Really, tell me, how many people actually use below top-tier weapons in PvP? Sure, hunting rifle is a thing (at least used to be as a cheap replacement for sniper rifle in some cases, don't know how it is now).
Bigger "variety" of balanced weapons AT SAME or almost same level(damage/range/cost) would bring something, thus adding zip guns and such things won't bring anything usable.
h

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 12:40:11 pm »

Bigger "variety" of balanced weapons AT SAME or almost same level(damage/range/cost) would bring something, thus adding zip guns and such things won't bring anything usable.
How would it be any different?
Just some blokes with gauss rifles/vindicators/pulse rifles killing themselves in 2 seconds with insane criticals.
Or now: some blokes with sniper rifles/avengers/plasma rifles killing themselves with medium or really high criticals.

And like HalX said if more powerful weapons/armor are introduced then the current powerful weapons/armors get neglected and end up being idler loot.
See CA for example:
As soon as CAmk2 came out everyone started to say how CA is useless despite being the 2nd most powerful armor in the game.

Tomowolf

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »

How would it be any different?
Just some blokes with gauss rifles/vindicators/pulse rifles killing themselves in 2 seconds with insane criticals.
Or now: some blokes with sniper rifles/avengers/plasma rifles killing themselves with medium or really high criticals.

And like HalX said if more powerful weapons/armor are introduced then the current powerful weapons/armors get neglected and end up being idler loot.
See CA for example:
As soon as CAmk2 came out everyone started to say how CA is useless despite being the 2nd most powerful armor in the game.
Lol, I didn't even say a word about very hi-tech guns.
I'm talking about guns that would bring more variety to the game OVERALLY, to the PVP and PVE (like grenade rifle, 14mm smg, flamer mk3, or enchanced assault rifles).
h

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 12:58:58 pm »

See CA for example:

I dont think anybody would say CA is realy usless, problem is just that gathering better armors is cheaper/faster/easier. If it would have any game mechanic preserving ratio usefulness/gathering difficulty. There would be reason to play even with regular CA.

And i do not think nerfing NCRA would be any good :P. Just maybe add BP for CAMKII, with additional HQ fiber to improve it from regular CA. Also VC patrols would might be a little easier to farm, since they are not repuation-free and it would differentiate the difficulty of both encounters.

Tomowolf

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 01:03:18 pm »

I dont think anybody would say CA is realy usless, problem is just that gathering better armors is cheaper/faster/easier. If it would have any game mechanic preserving ratio usefulness/gathering difficulty. There would be reason to play even with regular CA.

And i do not think nerfing NCRA would be any good :P. Just maybe add BP for CAMKII, with additional HQ fiber to improve it from regular CA. Also VC patrols would might be a little easier to farm, since they are not repuation-free and it would differentiate the difficulty of both encounters.
NCR Army having no reputation is a bug, and will be fixed probably in future, so it won't be so easy to farm em.
h
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 19 queries.