"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:20:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stuff in footlockers - blueprints hunting  (Read 2270 times)

Stuff in footlockers - blueprints hunting
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:24:12 am »

How could it happen:

When I search for blueprints, there are always laser pistol, crowbar or alloy + 50 caps. But one day I have entered encounter where was player and centaurs, i was heading to footlocker with broken leg on turn based combat mode, it took me 10 or more rounds. When I was walking, player tried two times to open footlocker but failed and he left. I have opened it at second time and there was reward like never before - two avenger miniguns.
Even when I find hard to open footlocker, and I open it, there is nothing more than 300 caps and some 5mm bullets.

I'm almost sure that stuff hidden in footlockers depends on build of player who have found it. Anyone tested it a little more? (please don't write crap if you are new and don't know nothig about it).

It's my blueprint hunter (and he didn't found any blueprint in more than 50 footlockers, after taking treasure hunter http://fonline2238.net/vtdb/char.php?61791 )
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:26:12 am by Dozer »
Re: Stuff in footlockers - blueprints hunting
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:08:11 am »

I won't post my build, 'cause I unistalled the game, but when I did blueprint hunting I've 2 times found Minigun (the normal one) and also a few flamethrowers. And I've tagged Big Guns in this build. So your theory may be right, or at least partially right.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:53:28 am »

Thanks for post, maybe I need to create new blueprint hunter, with other skills tagged.

It's not clear at all, because I find laser pistol and 5mm jhp very often - when my character is having tagged small guns.

Anyone knows more about it? :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:56:01 am by Dozer »
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 11:22:30 am »

My lockpicker never found avenger, just 2-3 miniguns and some flamers. But the 95% of the items i got were alloys, laser pistol, 10mm pistol, and some caps. My skills are BG, Lockpick, Outdoors, and a little of traps and FA. Also, i only have 1 luck.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 11:39:19 am »

The point is that some player created encounter where I found 2 x avengers :) He left and I have opened it. I'm sure that he tried 2-3 times to open it. Someone knows better how to create footlocker hunter.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:14 pm »

My lockpicker is EW/LP/OD tagged... and I've found avengers, miniguns, flamers, rocket launcher, assault rifles (2 at once a couple times)... as well as many laser pistols. iI don't think it has to do with your tagged skills.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:29 pm »

random is god , avengers in packs of two are common but rare

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 08:41:32 pm »

Dozer, i think your question is good, and your theory is logical. Problem is...it takes far too long to prove. I hunted bps for 6 months of this game (along with all the other stuff to do) and i never found Avengers. Hunting solo, I have found assault rifles, flamers and miniguns but not often. I find what all the other guys find usually: alloys, basic pistols, small ammo, and caps from 1 to 600. Leather armor and jackets, radios etc.

My guy is Luck 10, Big Guns. I found CA bp 2-3 times but never found CH, p90, or Improved Flamer bps. What we would need to do is compare notes over time using different builds and tracking results somewhere so it's not just a guess when we're done. I also find tons of FCC but that may be a Luck thing.

Also it would be cool to group-hunt lockers and see if maybe the results are any different. This is one of the mysteries in this game so we're not likely to get a dev to explain it outright.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »

Dozer, i think your question is good, and your theory is logical. Problem is...it takes far too long to prove. I hunted bps for 6 months of this game (along with all the other stuff to do) and i never found Avengers. Hunting solo, I have found assault rifles, flamers and miniguns but not often. I find what all the other guys find usually: alloys, basic pistols, small ammo, and caps from 1 to 600. Leather armor and jackets, radios etc.

My guy is Luck 10, Big Guns. I found CA bp 2-3 times but never found CH, p90, or Improved Flamer bps. What we would need to do is compare notes over time using different builds and tracking results somewhere so it's not just a guess when we're done. I also find tons of FCC but that may be a Luck thing.

Also it would be cool to group-hunt lockers and see if maybe the results are any different. This is one of the mysteries in this game so we're not likely to get a dev to explain it outright.

About chances of finding blueprints I send info on bugtracker: http://dev.fonline2238.net/trac.wsgi/ticket/483#comment:6

I have created a character, from lvl 2 I was looking for footlocker, and found 5 blueprints - 50% or little less footlockers contained blueprints (metal armor mk2, dynamite, stimpak, plasma pistol, super prod).
Then I took treasure hunter, checked 100 footlockers all containted crap.
Really pisses me off, my gang can't use any fancy weapons because of some bug. After taking perk I have never found any blueprint.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:12:22 pm by Dozer »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:16:24 pm »

If you were ever finding bps in about half of the lockers, then i fear that will be the bug that gets fixed. I hunted without TH a long long time. I hunt with TH now a long long time too, with the same char. In either case, i find lockers in about 1/10 encs, and bps in about 1/15 lockers. But only sometimes. Sometimes i find 1 locker and 1 bp within 20 minutes. Other times i can search for 3 hours and nothing.

But also the main thing i'm looking at now is: bp proportions. For example, why ZERO CH bps, but 17 CAWS bps? I just went hunting now when i read your post here and found my 17th CAWS bp. Makes me want to never hunt for them again.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »

Your theorie is interesting Dozer.
Its true that I never found any minigun.
The best weapon I ever found in locker was assault rifle, just once.
I probably  found a hundred of lockers and only found 3 blueprints.
According to the wiki and experience IG, Luck seems to play an important role.

May be foolish to think that way but, could it be possible that if more than one player are on the locker's map, their Luck are added and generate a better result?

Maybe the build is influencing what you can find, as the perk treasure hunter who adds more things in the locker such as caps or more useless things like crowbar and all that stuff you don't give a shit when looking for something specific.
Especially when the only thing you want is just finding a blueprint.

Edit : After another hunt, I find a locker with leather jacket and 2 caps...annoying
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:58:28 pm by Raven Crow »
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 11:34:26 pm »

If you were ever finding bps in about half of the lockers, then i fear that will be the bug that gets fixed. I hunted without TH a long long time. I hunt with TH now a long long time too, with the same char. In either case, i find lockers in about 1/10 encs, and bps in about 1/15 lockers. But only sometimes. Sometimes i find 1 locker and 1 bp within 20 minutes. Other times i can search for 3 hours and nothing.

But also the main thing i'm looking at now is: bp proportions. For example, why ZERO CH bps, but 17 CAWS bps? I just went hunting now when i read your post here and found my 17th CAWS bp. Makes me want to never hunt for them again.
Maybe you're right. Finding 5 BPs in 20-25 footlockers was some kind of bug, maybe now I suffer from it, because in 100 footlockers (about 1/4 enco was with footlocker) there was no blueprint. Strange, it was after taking treasure hunter.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 01:26:48 pm »

treasure hunter.
Yeah that perk works backwards for some strange reason.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 02:26:51 pm »

chance to find BP in locker is 10% no matter what, its constant.
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 08:32:41 am »

I've done extensive testing on this, keeping track of the results of various builds for several months.  After a while I came to the conclusion that the build has little to do with what items are generated in the lockers. 

I've had easily over 10 different builds, all seemed to find items and blueprints at about the same rates.  The only difference was the Treasure Hunter perk.  No SPECIAL or Tag skills made any difference.

Using the same build I've opened hundreds of lockers and found nothing, and then on another day found 6 or 7 blueprints in a few hours.  I've entered over 50 encounters and found no lockers, and then later encountered them in over half the encounters.

It does seem truly random.

Treasure Hunter used to be bugged, but it's been fixed for a while now.

My advice is not to get too hung up on the build.  The key to finding blueprints is persistence, and playing the numbers.

I could be completely wrong, but I doubt it.
Iguana Pete's sister

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 18 queries.