"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 07:14:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Make this and wipe this dying server... please !  (Read 8901 times)

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
Re: Make this and wipe this dying server... please !
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »

Up cause i try to keep hope for 2238 ! TLAmkII is good, very good, but it's not 2238, 2238 need his own mkII improvement !

Or just drop source code of actual 2238, i am sure some of us will be proud to continue the project ...
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 06:38:53 pm »

Then give 2238 to tla's devs and we have a chance to save the server.

In 1 mounth we wil have 5-20  people on the server, then nothing.

They're is no pvp action, no tc.

Just some noobs and experienced who dont want quit the game.

I am waiting of 2238 dead.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 06:41:25 pm »

Then give 2238 to tla's devs and we have a chance to save the server.

In 1 mounth we wil have 5-20  people on the server, then nothing.

They're is no pvp action, no tc.

Just some noobs and experienced who dont want quit the game.

I am waiting of 2238 dead.
I guess you do not understand basic things,
1. It's work of the 2238 DEVs, and they might to not give it out to some other team because they aren't doing updates fast enough.
2. Server is paid by plaers, not by DEVs, and afaik They already collected cash for another 3 months, so It'll stand at least to the Autumn.
3.There is TC, but you whine about you alone, and u cannot start it, not my problem.
You'll get swarmed anyway and cry on forums, hurr durr.
h

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 07:00:16 pm »

So just leave the server die, and when he is dead we can all go an another game  :)

Uhm... Is the game forcing you to stay? You need the server to be offline in order to play a different game?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 07:20:59 pm »

Uhm... Is the game forcing you to stay? You need the server to be offline in order to play a different game?

I think he wants to see 2238 dead, exactly like some other individuals. First, he will go all "whoohoo we made it, we brought 2238 down!" and then after a month, whine posts "devs bring the server back рlz" appear. By same poster.

I just hope you guys don't give up on this project.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 08:27:57 pm »

It's interesting how fanatically some people want 2238 to be offline for everyone. I don't like to play it, so nobody should be allowed to play it! Great thinking.
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 09:31:41 pm »

I'm paraphrasing this heavily, but a general quote I heard somewhere went something like "20% of those who talk about it will generally be for it, while 80% will be strongly against it. It is best that things remain at least this way, as the only true death is when there is only total apathy"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:02:17 am by Admiral Zombie »
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 10:35:34 pm »

Yes it's forced me to stay because i love this game, i dont want to go an another server, i don't want play another game...fuck stop to say that i cry, because i don't do it, i just want that the server restart but can do nothing for that.

And i dont rage against devs, because i'm happy with the last updates, i rage against all players who leave the server.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 11:53:38 am »

Sorry for quoting an old post
Reason : TLA is fucking 2238 deep in the ass with this last update + more than one year session... seriously !
- Noob crying and finaly ragequit => I tryed TLA and i like it, separate world for noob, simple/stupid quests/support perks/trader and even some way to have fun pking other guys.
Keep going dev, but TLA wins with the last update !
I just want to say one thing, TLA is no savior it has been around for a while and the main thing that changed was translation from Russian to English. Sure, the new features were introduced as well, has it changed the game concept and overall fun in the game? I really don't think so. Even before the last update, the tutorial location was completely in English, yet almost no players from 2238 were massively playing it.

I remember when FOnline Tactics had been launched, there was almost nobody left on 2238. Please notice that both FOT and TLAmk2 are very different from 2238 yet it does not represent any problem for gangs to migrate. We could say a gang is like a cell, it acts as a whole. Every time there is something new people want to try it out. However, after some time certain amount of people realize that they in fact liked the old game. I've spoken to several players who moved from 2238 to TLAmk2 and it's not a secret that some of them would gladly come back to 2238, if their gang moved there, if there were players to kill...

I don't mind open discussion on adopting good things from TLA, but don't make random statements like "add this feature from TLA to 2238 completely" or "TLA is now better than 2238". I don't want another TLA. Personally I don't like TLA clones and probably I never will, but I don't mind people who do. People who post here would in fact like the game the way it is, but they wrongly assume that when the game gets more updates, people will come back. People who truly enjoy TLA just play there without a need of posting here.

From unbiased look you all have to see that 2238 improved a lot. Honestly, right after wipe the game was really shitty (sorry devs, I had to say it) I couldn't even play it due to amount of bugs. Nowadays it's pretty much stable and totally can offer a good pvp. If you really want to have fun on this server, bring your friends, raise server population, form a faction, start doing pvp... Whining about wipe/TLA features/dumb devs/xyz won't help.

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »

well said kelin.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »

However, after some time certain amount of people realize that they in fact liked the old game. I've spoken to several players who moved from 2238 to TLAmk2 and it's not a secret that some of them would gladly come back to 2238, if their gang moved there, if there were players to kill...
Honestly? If I asked *any* guy in our teamspeak to go back to 2238 (now or if some gang comes back there from tla), he would kill me with laughter. There is plenty things to do, and here? Log in for 2193234th time to kill the same player for 23923815th time in the same way? I understand that adding interesting content is a big deal of work and I'm not going to blame anyone for it, but the fact is that it's where 2238 fails and tlamk2 succeeds.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 07:08:46 pm »

has it changed...overall fun in the game?
Yes it has. Quests are big part of TLAmk2 and the translation made them doable.

Even before the last update, the tutorial location was completely in English
Thats false. Even several weeks after wipe, there were some dialogs still in Russian.

However, after some time certain amount of people realize that they in fact liked the old game.
Apart from TLAmk2, its because every other Fonline server was in early development stage. New, but not much content.

From unbiased look you all have to see that 2238 improved a lot. Honestly, right after wipe the game was really shitty (sorry devs, I had to say it) I couldn't even play it due to amount of bugs. Nowadays it's pretty much stable and totally can offer a good pvp. If you really want to have fun on this server, bring your friends, raise server population, form a faction, start doing pvp... Whining about wipe/TLA features/dumb devs/xyz won't help.
It is very simple. 2238 has nothing to offer, no long-term (heck not even mid-term) goal. You lvlup char to 24 (matter of hours), get some armor (be it MA or CA) a decent weapon (cheap laser rifle can kill) and thats it. The rest is about getting stuff in large quantities and losing it in pvp, rinse and repeat.
On the other hand, there are at least 3 achievements on TLAmK2 I can think up now. You can dedicate yourself to crafting and manage to create expensive powered armors or high-end weaponry. Or you can try PvE, explore numerous locations filled with various hostile NPCs - and Im telling you, it is not easy. Finally, you can pimp your character to the max - skillbooks, rare skillbooks, implants, quests.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:10:30 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 08:18:16 pm »

Thats false. Even several weeks after wipe, there were some dialogs still in Russian.
Like 10%? Nitpicking? I've been through the whole newb location before wipe and it was almost completely translated into English, in any case I was able to do quests and get out of the area just fine and many players who couldn't speak Russian did, too. The only reason I left was because I didn't like the game, not because I didn't understand.
On the other hand, there are at least 3 achievements on TLAmK2 I can think up now. You can dedicate yourself to crafting and manage to create expensive powered armors or high-end weaponry.
boring...
Or you can try PvE, explore numerous locations filled with various hostile NPCs - and Im telling you, it is not easy.
...boring...
Finally, you can pimp your character to the max - skillbooks, rare skillbooks, implants, quests.
...boring.

The hell, I don't want to play Minecraft in Fallout universe. I want to shoot, kill and rape. You offered me PvE goals, I don't care about PvE at all! Actually even 2238 is too minecraftish for me, plenty of work, occasional action. Am I really alone? Am I the last player for who PvP is the goal?
It is very simple. 2238 has nothing to offer, no long-term (heck not even mid-term) goal. You lvlup char to 24 (matter of hours), get some armor (be it MA or CA) a decent weapon (cheap laser rifle can kill) and thats it. The rest is about getting stuff in large quantities and losing it in pvp, rinse and repeat.
This is like saying that Poker has nothing to offer, just because there is no "long-term" goal, yet hundreds of people enjoy it every day. I agree about the repetitive part, but only stuff obtaining. I don't see what's wrong on repetitive PvP. Some compare it to Quake but it's nonsense, I want to fight on hexagon maps with multiple players, how can it resemble 3D Quake? You kill players in 50%(maybe more) of games.

As a conclusion, one of us was playing a wrong game, since you play a month after wipe then leave and I stayed till now, I'm afraid that I'm the target audience.

avv

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 08:29:50 pm »

This is it. To summarize, in 2238 players create the content for themselves. There won't be much activity to participate in if your gang or your enemy gang doesn't do anything.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 09:06:47 pm »

The hell, I don't want to play Minecraft in Fallout universe. I want to shoot, kill and rape. You offered me PvE goals, I don't care about PvE at all! Actually even 2238 is too minecraftish for me, plenty of work, occasional action. Am I really alone? Am I the last player for who PvP is the goal?This is like saying that Poker has nothing to offer, just because there is no "long-term" goal, yet hundreds of people enjoy it every day. I agree about the repetitive part, but only stuff obtaining. I don't see what's wrong on repetitive PvP. Some compare it to Quake but it's nonsense, I want to fight on hexagon maps with multiple players, how can it resemble 3D Quake? You kill players in 50%(maybe more) of games.
I feel sorry for you, because you dont realize this game is supposed to be an MMO with everything it makes a good MMO, not just inferior Fallout Tactics with F1+F2 map.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.