"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 12:13:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Small Guns Builds  (Read 2877 times)

Small Guns Builds
« on: March 29, 2010, 03:21:16 pm »

I have 2 small guns builds and I was wondering which one to use or how I should modify them

build one is:
ST 5
PE 8
EN 6
CH 1
IN 6
AG 8
LK 7
------------Traits :
>Small Frame
>finesse
------------Tags :
-small guns
-outdoorsman
-first aid
------------Perks :
-Lifegiver
-more critical * 3
-Thoughtness * 2
-Bonus Rate of Fire

This build can do two aimed shots with sniper with 1 jet

build number 2:
ST 5
PE 8
EN 6
CH 1
IN 5
AG 6
LK 10
------------Traits :
>Small Frame
>Finesse
------------Tags :
-Small guns
-First Aid
-Outdoorsman
------------Perks :
-Lifegiver * 2
-more critical *2
-Better Critical
-Thoughtness * 2

This ones pure sniper 95/95 crit chance for eyeshots
Ive also considered 10 agi build before and maybe a one handed build

any input would be appreciated as I am always looking to tweak my build to perfection

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
Re: Small Guns Builds
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »

you could take strength 3 and get weapon handling later and put those 2 points on I dont know, endurance if you want more hp, I think I would put it in intelligence in your case, getting much sp/lvl helps alot. But ofcourse that will crash with the lifegiver perk :/ I think agility 7 is enough

Might aswell put up a build I was thinking of.

ST 3
PE 7
EN 5
CH 3
IN 9
AG 7
LK 6

dont know about the perks :/ dont want bruiser -.-' IF i would take small frame I would have to increase st to 4 and lower int to 9, then set agility to 7 :P Then I would have 38 (31 with st3 and small frame) weight limit, I think that is enough for a CA, weapon and ammo, maybe 31 is enough :/ I dont know. A big sacrifice and I will be relying on a brahmin to craft things...

awareness
Bonus Rate of Fire
weapon handling

those 3 im sure of, maybe get lifegiver at 12 and wait with weapon handling, its a bit of a bitch having st 3 until lvl 15 then having to wait until lvl 18 t get bonus rate of fire (It works now right?)

Then I'll probably get... something else that is good :/ I will probably do PvE most, but im sure I will evolve to do some pvp :P and I want ch3 becouse I want to do quests and be able to have a small party/brahmin. Please feel free to correct me at some points.

//played with character builder:

ST 3
PE 7
EN 5
CH 3
IN 9
AG 7
LK 6
fast metabolism (better than nothing :/), small frame
Awareness -  Bonus ranged damag (2),lifegiver (2), weapon handling, bonus rate of fire

This char will have 176 hp (i could take away a lifegiver and take a pack rat if I want :/ but :P HP!), 8 AP.

The downside ifcourse is that I will have to wait a long time to get good perks :/ Like weapon handling at 18 (If I want to use lifegiver perk to its maximum) and thats a damn long time to be able to use small guns that are a bit bigger, ill have to rely on needler and stuff until that :/ not so fun. (ill use drugs for profession).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:33:29 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Tahvy^

• Same nick in IRC
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:54:35 am »

This the SG build I came up with. Since I mostly do PvE & crafting, this build is not optimized for damage output but instead tries to be as versatile as possible.

ST 5 - (needed for Sniper Rifle/XL70E3/Pancor Jackhammer)
PE 8 - ("upgraded to 10" with Sharpshooter perk)
EN 4 - (for Lifegiver to be taken @ lvl 12 to get the most out of it. Also odd points in endurance do not add additional HPs on level ups, right?)
CH 1 - (fixed with mentants when more charisma is needed)
IN 7 - (left overs put here, though SPs are always nice)
AG 10 - (can't have too many APs can you?  ;) )
LK 6 - (mostly for the "crit perks")

For traits I took only Small Frame. However Finesse would also be appropriate since the somewhat lower non-critical damage dealt because of it is outweighted by added 10% of crit chance.

As for perks I'm planning to take Awareness, More Criticals*, Sharpshooter, Lifegiver, Bonus ROF, Better Criticals & Living Anatomy to improve the damage output as much as possible.
*Taking Finesse would most propably make this obsolete so Bonus Ranged Damage could be taken instead.

Tagged skills are Small guns, Repair and Outdoorsman. Outdoorsman could be replaced with pretty much any non-charisma related skill and I picked it mostly because I like it. With IN 7 there will be enough SPs to boost science up to 90% required for SG smith lvl3. For secondary profession I was planning to take lvl1 armorer.

For PvP purposes I suppose 2 points could be moved from Agility to Endurance for higher max HPs and offset the lost APs with Jet. Also taking a point of Intelligence to Perception would allow using cigarettes to boost PE all the way to 10 and free up the level 9 perk for Better Criticals. Also repair & outdoorsman skills have little value in PvP so they could be replaced with something else.
Does Sharpshooter perk allow the Perception to go over 10 when determining range modifier (and would that be useful in any way)?
"Se on psykosomaattista!"
- Nipsu

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:15:54 am »

Builds

There are 3 numbers: 1, 6, or 10 to choose in Luck, others are waste imho.
And finesse crushes all sniper builds  ;) it adds 30% to your target's resist, only giving back 10% crit chance. 0 dmg crits, as someone wrote.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:41:31 am »

I have 2 small guns builds and I was wondering which one to use or how I should modify them

build one is:
ST 5
PE 8
EN 6
CH 1
IN 6
AG 8
LK 7
------------Traits :
>Small Frame
>finesse
------------Tags :
-small guns
-outdoorsman
-first aid
------------Perks :
-Lifegiver
-more critical * 3
-Thoughtness * 2
-Bonus Rate of Fire

This build can do two aimed shots with sniper with 1 jet

build number 2:
ST 5
PE 8
EN 6
CH 1
IN 5
AG 6
LK 10
------------Traits :
>Small Frame
>Finesse
------------Tags :
-Small guns
-First Aid
-Outdoorsman
------------Perks :
-Lifegiver * 2
-more critical *2
-Better Critical
-Thoughtness * 2

This ones pure sniper 95/95 crit chance for eyeshots
Ive also considered 10 agi build before and maybe a one handed build

any input would be appreciated as I am always looking to tweak my build to perfection

sorry m8 but you dont have 95% critical chance with that bulid with 10 luck coz pre wipe table for critical was [50(for aimed shot in the eyes)+10(luck)*5]*60%+10(luck)+2*5(2 more criticals perks)=80% and with devs info in first changeslog that now criticals was nerfet i think that critical is neer 65%-70% with that bulid :D
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:44:30 am »

sorry m8 but you dont have 95% critical chance with that bulid with 10 luck coz pre wipe table for critical was [50(for aimed shot in the eyes)+10(luck)*5]*60%+10(luck)+2*5(2 more criticals perks)+10(finesse)=90% and with devs info in first changeslog that now criticals was nerfet i think that critical is neer 75%-80% with that bulid :D
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 10:26:43 am »

O  I wasn't aware I used the character planner for my calculations. In that case finesse is most definitely useless.

bikkebakke

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 11:05:59 am »

hmm if I remove 1 from int and endurance and put them in st then and skip weapon handling :P

Tahvy^

• Same nick in IRC
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 04:28:45 pm »

hmm if I remove 1 from int and endurance and put them in st then and skip weapon handling :P

Odd points in AG give only a small skill boost but no extra APs so you might want to make it even as well :)
"Se on psykosomaattista!"
- Nipsu
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 04:40:35 pm »

str - 2 or 5  ( i suggest 5 as its haaard to lv with 2 str)
P:- depands on what you wanan achive-  6 is min for drug user, 8 for 40-45 hex sniping 10 for 50hex sniping
E- min 4 for livegiver
C-1 obviously
I - min 6 - more if you want skills in something mroe then SG
A- 6 to be able to aim with sniper rifle , 7 if you want BROF (you can eat stuff to get to 10 ag if you would want to ) so nothing is lost
L - 10 obviously

perk 3x crit and better criticals , lifegivers...

bikkebakke

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 05:12:13 pm »

Odd points in AG give only a small skill boost but no extra APs so you might want to make it even as well :)

the 7 is for the better rate of fire, I'v looked at character creation alot :P and after many tests iv made my char. I would pick ag 8 if I where to lower CH but I really want it at 3.

(meant bonus rate of fire)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:12:03 pm by bikkebakke »
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 10:49:48 am »

You do not get a better 'rate of fire' with 7 AG when compared with 6 AG. It's still 8 APs and a waste of a SPECIAL point.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 11:42:18 am »

You do not get a better 'rate of fire' with 7 AG when compared with 6 AG. It's still 8 APs and a waste of a SPECIAL point.
he meant bonus rate of fire perk that needs 7 ag.  You can rise your ag when needed buy using nuka cola for example... (note we dotn say here whats it good nor optimal but what is minimum - and if you want BROF 7 is min)

bikkebakke

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 07:11:43 pm »

ye, i meant bonus >.>

I would take 8 agi but I really want ch3

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »

7 Luck is pointless. Maybe you could take one from luck to get 6 luck, and then put that point into Agility?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.