"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 03:19:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unified banking system  (Read 1314 times)

Unified banking system
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:34:07 pm »

In fact, I was surprised that this WASN'T the main point of the FLC banking system. What I'm talking about is having all the banks working as one. You open up an account in Shady Sands and deposit money and you can withdraw your caps in the Hub etc. The current system of all the branches working in isolation is pointless.

The main point of a banking system in a post-apocalyptic setting would be to ensure the safety of your cash - instead of travelling loaded with caps and risking getting mugged on the way, you leave your cash in one place (we assume that the banks have their own efficient communication system) and withdraw it when you reach your destination, that's how it worked in the middle ages and I can't imagine why it wouldn't work like that in the Wasteland.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Unified banking system
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:45:47 pm »

Yeah that's what i always wondered, it doesn't really make sense the current system and it's kinda useless unless you wanna gain interest.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:04:39 pm »

The main point of a banking system in a post-apocalyptic setting would be to ensure the safety of your cash - instead of travelling loaded with caps and risking getting mugged on the way, you leave your cash in one place

Maybe this is the reason why there is no much caravans full of caps.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 11:28:30 pm »

Ya, even in ancient times it pretty much worked thst way. Even in the fallout world it would eork.....
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 05:36:42 am »

It used to be that you would pay interest to the bank to have them safeguard your money as well.

A better idea might be to pay a fee to the bank to issue players "traveler's checks"--you can cash them in at any merchant or base construction guy, but if another player kills you and loots you, they won't be able to cash them!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:51:00 am »

It used to be that you would pay interest to the bank to have them safeguard your money as well.

A better idea might be to pay a fee to the bank to issue players "traveler's checks"--you can cash them in at any merchant or base construction guy, but if another player kills you and loots you, they won't be able to cash them!

+1 to this. Will destroy the concept of Arsch Wasteland though.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 11:55:26 am »

No opinion about this, I hide my bottlecaps the same place I hide my IRL money...

...Under a wooden crate.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 02:53:08 pm »

So if the hub/ncr bank suffer bankrupcy, those who put their money in Redding/BH will suffer this too ?

The IRL economic crisis in not enough ? 

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 04:24:15 pm »

I really doubt ncr will go belly up
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 09:44:44 pm »

I really doubt ncr will go belly up
It has in the past.

easy.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 27 queries.