"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:12:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like to see Tracking as an option ingame?

No, not at all.
- 2 (9.5%)
Yes, make it skill dependent. Only those skilled can track.
- 11 (52.4%)
Yes, but not skill dependent. Everyone should be able to track.
- 7 (33.3%)
Yes, but differently. (Please make a post and explain).
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tracking players.  (Read 2483 times)

the underground

• very grumpy bear
Re: Tracking players.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 03:20:50 am »

BUT ON REFLECTION...
I think if it were made known to the player that so-and-so is tracking you, allow? THat might be alright.......
Last night I met a lvl1 who needed a few pointer....... what if later on he wanted MORE pointers? Or maybe something else..... he could try and track me, and if I allowed it, that'd be ok by me. During all that, someone else tried harrassing us.... him, I'd DAMNED WELL like to track me so I can finish what HE started......
#$@& $*÷●■↑▶ !@#!&^ #$@ *^$*#$* /$^#@! (*&^ $/#) $$$$ ;#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 06:32:35 am »

Too much PROBILITY for abuse.... I can tell you THRER names that if that feature were pit in pkace I would hunt them unmercifully. HATEFULLY. I'm not a pker as a rule, but these three would quit the dntire game over my ABUSE of them. (They know who they are, and they nkow they got it comming to them.)
That is one GREAT way to use the tracking tool! Someone wronged you in the wasteland? With this tool actions have consequences! track them down and give them a dose of their own medicine, force them out of your territory!

BUT ON REFLECTION...
I think if it were made known to the player that so-and-so is tracking you, allow? THat might be alright.......
Last night I met a lvl1 who needed a few pointer....... what if later on he wanted MORE pointers? Or maybe something else..... he could try and track me, and if I allowed it, that'd be ok by me. During all that, someone else tried harrassing us.... him, I'd DAMNED WELL like to track me so I can finish what HE started......
#$@& $*÷●■↑▶ !@#!&^ #$@ *^$*#$* /$^#@! (*&^ $/#) $$$$ ;#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, allowing/disallowing someone to track you is kinda pointless... it would remove the whole adrenaline pumping, is he stronger then me? Do I flee? Do I set an ambush? Do I call my friends to set an ambush?
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 09:39:37 am »

You missed the point.......
It can and will be used for evil more often than good.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 10:23:34 am »

Its funny I should get "credit' for this, because I dislike it...... at least for pc's. Too much PROBILITY for abuse.... I can tell you THRER names that if that feature were pit in pkace I would hunt them unmercifully. HATEFULLY. I'm not a pker as a rule, but these three would quit the dntire game over my ABUSE of them. (They know who they are, and they nkow they got it comming to them.)

You sound confident. I'd  like to wager the "damage" you think you'll do is actually non existent if the feature came out.

You talk alotta trash, but when we're talking hypotheticals... it just sounds dumb lol
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:09 am »

Idea is nice but I would suggest a few changes. Careful a wall of text is coming :)

For the tracker:
- An outdoorsman skill of >0 would search the square you are in, and pull you towards him.
- An outdoorsman skill of >49 would search in a 3x3 area you are in the middle of it, and pull you towards him.
- An outdoorsman skill of >99 would search in a 5x5 area you are in the middle of it, and pull you towards him.
- An outdoorsman skill of >149 would search in a 11x11 area you are in the middle of it and pull you towards him. Tells if he is alone or not (includes NPC-s in his encounters)
- An outdoorsman skill of >174 would search in a 17x17 area you are in the middle of it and pull you towards him. Pluss reveal his encounter when in same square, if any.
- An outdoorsman skill of >249 chances to be able to be misled by the tracked player gets halved.

For the tracked:
- An outdoorsman skill of >49 warns you that someone seems to be tracking your footsteps, give chance to set up ambush or continue moving.
- An outdoorsman skill of >99 warns you that someone seems to be tracking your footsteps, give chance to set up ambush, try to mislead your tracker or continue moving.
- An outdoorsman skill of >149 warns you that you are being tracked, tells you how many do track you (includes NPCs too) and give chance to set up ambush, try to mislead your tracker or continue moving. Restrains the tracking area to 15x15.
- An outdoorsman skill of >174 warns you that you are being tracked, tells you how many do track you (includes NPCs too) and give chance to set up ambush, try to mislead your tracker or continue moving. Restrains the tracking area to 11x11.
- An outdoorsman skill of >249 warns you that you are being tracked, tells you how many do track you (includes NPCs too) and give chance to set up ambush, try to mislead your tracker or continue moving. Restrains the tracking area to 7x7.
-Cautious nature decrease your tracker's outdoorsman with 50 for the purpose calculating tracking effectiveness.

Extra:
-About dogs if you have any with you then the chances to be misled gets halved this won't get added to the halving from having a higher outdoorsman then 249. Also tracking will use their outdoorsman skill if yours is lower.
-Trapper slaves they can be used to help tracking too their outdoorsman skill will be used if yours is lower.
-If you are tracked and have any dog or trapper slave in your group then their outdorsman skills will be used if yours is lower.

-Players who travel with car shouldn't be able to be tracked or track others.
-If your are tracked while following someone then they have an outdoorsman check too however only the highest one will affect the tracker (to make sure that radio will still be needed if someone wants to infiltrate a group and kill em with outside help)
-Only group leaders can track players therefore its their  outdoorsman that will matter.
-The chance to mislead someone should be calculated with outdoorsman checks mainly.
-Logged off players on wm shouldn't be able to be tracked (player logged out before someone started the tracking).
-Opened encouters will not close for the tracker.
-If the tracked player dies the tracker can still find the place for 2 mins then the encounter is closed and deleted. If the player enter this encounter there should be a notification "seems XY have died here"
-Death should give 2 min cd for either being tracked or start tracking.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »

You sound confident. I'd  like to wager the "damage" you think you'll do is actually non existent if the feature came out.

You talk alotta trash, but when we're talking hypotheticals... it just sounds dumb lol

Maybe maybe not. You never know.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 07:49:50 am »

Maybe maybe not. You never know.

HOPEFULLY we find out lol. This feature would be awesome.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »

HOPEFULLY we find out lol. This feature would be awesome.
Isn't that nice.
Piquers. >:(

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 09:25:50 pm »

More like in cities, because there's nothing going on in your tent full of stuff.

Players are out there in encounters, but it is just too damn hard to find anyone, that's why you don't bother to go and search for anyone.

i'd like to dispute that. :-\ i had an fng ou, was trying to give him a few pointers, and a certain person KEPT harrassing us. got to be so bad even I started up with the ass-whooping. (me, the guy that NEVER starts fights, the guy that runs from EVERY fight, finally got pissed enough to start fighting back. grok on that.)

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 04:01:48 am »

It's a good idea, but I don't think it should be name-specific.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 24 queries.