"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:33:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Super stim madness  (Read 1387 times)

Super stim madness
« on: March 08, 2013, 04:09:41 pm »

ok so lets face it, on 1v1 battles the person with the most SS will most likly win if thay do the fallowing : stay 10 hex way from enemy and every hit thay shoot you with asuming its an avenger. inject a stim. untle he has 0AP's left then rage at the guy and 1 hex
with 2 shots with avenger it will do about 230 dmg. and it takes 12AP's and you lose all AP's after that

then your enemy with take 2 super stims and be at max Hp. and rages at you an 1hex 280dmg

so my sugestion is, Make super stims need 4/5AP's to use

Or make super stims only heal 75HP

or make the after effects of SS alot more powerful

becuase right now its rediculus how super stims are like

becuase alot of the time in battle i find myself doing a face off with a PK on RT. and nither me or him want to shoot first. becuase the first person to shoot loses 6AP's and the other only looses 3AP's to inject stim and be right back at max health. puting the other player at a handycaped state

the only way to beat a tank in RT is to have crit build or be the person with most ping to 1 hex him before he 1hex you. i found myself on a fight while me and the guy i was fighting used up 21 SS's untle i 1 hexed him
but yes SS prolongs pvp. but in return makes it kinda unfair. please share your thoght and what you guys think would be the most best idea for SS. or if you think its fine how it is. my suguestion is strickly for helping pvp in this game. if you think its unfair what im saying then make a point about it and we'll see. if this topic gets boring or lame then forget i ever posted it, thx
cheers

Re: Super stim madness
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:29:29 am »

+1

I alread tought about this! Super stims should work this way! you can take 1 without penanlty! the next one got 10% chane to instantly overdose you and instead of healing you its makes you loos the ammount of HP that it would give! the next one gives you 20% overdosage and so one! until 100% where it is instant kill! I can not stress enough that this is the strongest chemical out there!

On the counter part! regular stimpac could have a diferent use! you could still spam it with the same random effect! but in the hands of a medic! who actualy bought the medic perks! it should have the same effect like the super stim withouth the negative effect! cos a medic always know where to inject the medicine! this would meka the combat medics a lot more usable! and a lot more needable in either in TC or in TB combats!
Do you hear the voices too?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 06:51:44 am »

Something to consider about balancing... you're saying that super stim use is unfair for one on one pvp. However what about the guy who takes on buffed PvE mobs 1 vs 5 and uses chem resistant which already has a -50% stim penalty? Mobs already have a heavy AP advantage and reaction time over the player, so docking the abilities of SS would likely be devastating to the farming supply chains.

If anything has to be done, reduce the availability of SS to thieves, so they'll be more expensive for players to guzzle them like mineral water.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 10:16:55 am »

+1

Fuq no. Wet dreams of yours, that will make every realtime combat pure insanity.

Medics? My ass. This is not CoD.

If anything has to be done, reduce the availability of SS to thieves

Not as long as one six-hour-cd gives you only about 50 SS, longside all the pain getting there.
Buff crafting, then nerf stealing.

Make super stims need 4/5AP's to use
Or make super stims only heal 75HP

might actually bring more tactical playing to combat, but then again players will just adapt their movementspeed to the increased ap use and we are back to status quo.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:21:59 am by Mrockatansky »
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:24 am »

Medics? My ass. This is not CoD.

actually, this game lacks combat medic profession very badly. "this is not CoD" excuse is funny because it means nothing.
and superstim spamfest makes battles look ridiculous.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:58:56 am »

So tell me how you would imagine a fieldmedic doing his job in current swarm operations, as well as in the 60% zoom pixelparty in general. Not to mention cooldowns and crit.fails.
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:48:41 pm »

might actually bring more tactical playing to combat, but then again players will just adapt their movementspeed to the increased ap use and we are back to status quo.

What movement speed? ;D

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 03:15:26 pm »

You on your tricycle.

As if the great tripple eight would need tactical lessons. Thank you for honouring this humble thread with your presence.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:19:39 pm by Mrockatansky »
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:55 pm »

Just don't imagine game mechanics, okay?

There would be nothing to adjust to, players just couldn't spam it like they do now.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 03:21:12 pm »

There would be a change but nothing to adjust to.

Thank you again.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

Wrong choice of words, I guess.

No matter how they adjust, they won't be able to spam it once such restrictions are set in motion. So, there would be nothing to adjust to, in order to have the same ability before, to spam them with the same advantage.

Happy now?

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 09:41:57 am »

And that is what i meant.
What i imagine when i use the metaphor movementspeed is not the individual movement but the swarmspeed. Lineinfantry tactics if you will.
Full ap/hp in front, wounded guy taking cover to regain.
Just as we do now, only slower because less regain in same given time.
I find it hard to imagine you didnt get my point in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:00:28 am by Mrockatansky »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.