"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:32:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Don't log off in World Map.  (Read 8240 times)

Don't log off in World Map.
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:21:09 pm »

I left a character logged off with car in World Map and when I logged back in he was in respawn camp, apparently the feature is bugged.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
Re: Don't log off in World Map.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:57 pm »

I left a character logged off with car in World Map and when I logged back in he was in respawn camp, apparently the feature is bugged.

Now you tell me. I logged off a character for 1 minute on the world map, then next thing I know i that I respawned in the respawn camp.

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »

The new system is really SHIT

You can do nothing, you can't stay WM 3 seconds without spawn in a fucking encounter, you can't protect your char with an other, you can't do fucking pvp now!!!
I have stop to play 2 days, log my sneak, 3 minutes idling time, WHAT THE FUCK?

I have must wait 12 minutes for starting pvp!! For big teams the system is good, but for players like me, who play alone, and protect for example my crafter with a big gun WM it is now impossible to play!! I play this game for 3 years, and never have so much ragequiting!!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:59:25 pm »

http://dev.fonline2238.net/trac.wsgi/ticket/447

Stupid ticket since people keep nagging me IRC about not seeing any ticket in the bug tracker, "Uno post tiketz! Bug ish fake and ghey!111!".

:P
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 11:30:13 pm »

Max Payne >
You mean the idling timer also affect area other than Reno/TC town ?
I mean, other than these cities, Glow/Ares and unguarded mines, there were little chances to meet 10 waves from 20 players...

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 11:33:23 pm »

Alt-tabbing became a bit slower, but a tent in inventory usually do the trick to pause the game.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:35:02 pm »

You can do nothing, you can't stay WM 3 seconds without spawn in a fucking encounter, you can't protect your char with an other, you can't do fucking pvp now!!!

I have must wait 12 minutes for starting pvp!! For big teams the system is good, but for players like me, who play alone, and protect for example my crafter with a big gun WM it is now impossible to play!! I play this game for 3 years, and never have so much ragequiting!!

Put the big gunner in a tent right next to town. Will only add 5-10 seconds to arrival time.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 12:05:23 am »

How comes when one stop moving, the idle timer runs back? This way you cant get out of idler status.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 12:55:42 am »

i believe this happens due the slow connection or other conectivity problem. Simply between you press EXIT in your place and adding (off) status to your character on server is enough time to fall into encounter > login resp camp

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:06:16 am »

Does an outdoorsman check come into play with forced encounters? Id say there should be more chance of avoiding the enc, than normal encs. considering u are not moving.

Maybe something for cautious nature perk to effect in some way?

I shouldnt have to haul my arse to the other end of the WM to go to a tent/safe place if i need to do a poo IRL.
I shouldnt have to haul my arse to the other end of the WM to go to a tent/safe place if i need to answer the phone IRL.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 01:50:38 pm »

I shouldnt have to haul my arse to the other end of the WM to go to a tent/safe place if i need to do a poo IRL.
I shouldnt have to haul my arse to the other end of the WM to go to a tent/safe place if i need to answer the phone IRL.

If it's an emergency, "~Combatmode TB" command should buy you a lot of time to do your chores IRL.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 01:57:19 pm »

You're noob if you need to protect crafter from other character in new window. It's multiplayer so you should find a group or be more smart when playing non-combat character.

ENCOUNTERS FOR IDLERS IS THE BEST FEATURE IN FONLINE BECAUSE I CAN EASILY KICK YOUR ASS IN 1vs1.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:59:46 pm by Stuntman »
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 02:11:10 pm »

hmmm i was afraid of this so logging off in WM can get you killed...

JovankaB

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 02:42:22 pm »

Were you alone in the car or with someone else? Anyway, this is bad and it shouldn't happen,
so we have to figure out some way to prevent it.

protect for example my crafter with a big gun WM

That's lame and it's made difficult by design, so you can't cheat around the fact that someone
killed you by having extra PvP apes left on WM. A perfect system preventing it is impossible,
but the current one is the most effective and it doesn't require much GM attention.

I have must wait 12 minutes for starting pvp!!

I understand it could appear that long if your poor crafter was being looted by some PK and
you couldn't enter Mariposa with your PvP ape immediately, but it really is not 12 minutes.
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »

Were you alone in the car or with someone else? Anyway, this is bad and it shouldn't happen,
so we have to figure out some way to prevent it.

I was alone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.