"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 08:12:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Allow banks to lend money  (Read 2677 times)

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
Re: Allow banks to lend money
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 03:45:28 pm »

you must understand this is bad suggestion, since there is no use for loans, thus nobody will implement feature.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 04:21:25 pm »

Should all the features be really usefull ?
lets count the redundancies:

items: Crafting -> farming
money: selling spears -> slaves -> items -> quests
Xp: molerats -> aliens -> centaurs -> floaters

Wait, thats not redundancies, that's alternatives.
So yes, as stupid as it seems it could be another alternative.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:07 am »

Another alternative, another way of alt grinding money, that's just perfect. :)
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 12:25:13 am »

What if I take loan, then leave player faction and delete alt ?
It was asked already, but why would lvl 24 need a loan for ?
How do you want to enforce paying debt back ?

No need for another broken feature.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 01:33:34 am »

Loans should be given out by players, just like in Eve online.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 02:26:09 am »

Bank loans...yeah!

Make it required that the player character be a member of a large enough player faction, and tie the debt to that faction. Need a co-signer there too tagged to borrower, both chars level 24 and both have to have some serious high skill of some sort to impress the lender.

Then if they do not pay, the bank sends out collectors, tough armed fighters to find you or your co-signer or anyone else in that faction. They hunt you until the debt is paid.

The purpose of this feature, as i see it, would not be a way to get money as much as a way to add challenge to your game with collectors constantly hunting you (and your friends) down.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 02:39:37 am »

Useless, unneeded feature, that'll take precious development time and end up either exploited or underused.
No.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 04:04:08 am »

unneeded feature, that'll take precious development time
Trivia:
Deep in scripts/ folder, in one of files which nobody dare to read during night, lays a code which never come out to interact with players. That's a place where ancient loan functions are... hiding, and waiting...
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 04:52:18 am »

We need NPCs who automatically flame and say "no" to dumb dumb's ideas, seems it would save some work for many people around here.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 05:37:34 am »

Come on guys, just because an idea might be bad, or unneeded doesn't mean you all need to go T-888 on the person who posted it.  Remember Bad ideas lead to wisdom more often than good ideas.  So it wasn't an idea that could be done, or should be done, ok, it's been discussed, reasoned, and finished.  Leave the hate for the noobs, and move on.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 07:28:37 pm »

I think it should be like IRL.
If you want to lend 10K caps, your account at FLC must be at least 20K caps high.
If havent paid the credit, your faction cant have the cash.
If you don't pay, it is being taken from your account with higher interest.
If you pay properly and often for larger amounts, you get good rep with FLC and get lower interest on your debts.

This way FLC will have enough cash to pay out if the players find this profitable.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 12:16:00 am »

I think it should be like IRL.
If you want to lend 10K caps, your account at FLC must be at least 20K caps high.
If havent paid the credit, your faction cant have the cash.
If you don't pay, it is being taken from your account with higher interest.
If you pay properly and often for larger amounts, you get good rep with FLC and get lower interest on your debts.

This way FLC will have enough cash to pay out if the players find this profitable.
Simple make it so two faction members must be involved, ie the borrower must have a cosigner that already has the caps that he gives to the bank to cover the loan, if loan isnt paid off, then those caps are garnished.  When the loan is paid of, the original cosigner can retrieve his caps.  This is only done really as a convinience for the borrower and cosigner, as they dont have to directly interact.  Also I think trades could be done similiarly with an escrow service that would hold the items and money and make the exchanges.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 10:39:46 am »

no lending to dumb people, nor abusers, nor cheaters! (no offense) Remove banks at all! Make them auction halls!

Actually this is a better suggestion, i think. I wouldn't "replace" the FLC with it but in general an auction hall would be a good thing. It could be done via some message board like this:

The idea would be to keep it simple. You could have a market in all bigger (and guarded) towns. Just as in the forums people could entry their sell/buy offers, with the difference, that they have to choose what they want to sell (and the amount) out of a list, instead of writing it down somewhere. They deposit the goods (need to be in inventory ofc) by finishing the offer and someone else can withdraw them if he has the needed amount of caps or goods. Later the one who made the offer can withdraw the paid goods/caps in the same way.

If it's done right (to create the needed dialogs will be a diligent work, though) i don't see any flaws here (yet :) ).

Maybe it wouldn't also be a bad idea to have such message boards in bigger bases, to lower the chance of beeing scammed in towns. 
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 12:42:27 pm »

Come on guys, just because an idea might be bad, or unneeded doesn't mean you all need to go T-888 on the person who posted it.  Remember Bad ideas lead to wisdom more often than good ideas.  So it wasn't an idea that could be done, or should be done, ok, it's been discussed, reasoned, and finished.  Leave the hate for the noobs, and move on.
Brujah's humorless replies to my posts are far less tortuous than T-888's, add to that a barely perceptible hatred toward me.
Also T-888's replies are -it pains me to admit it- far more often on topic than Brujah's.

On a completely off topic note: It seems some people don't think of it as a senseless would-be-feature.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 07:20:35 pm »

Is there a way to track loans by player rather than character? That could alleiviate some of the abuse. Maybe banks be on board only, then mods/gms lend money to player, who gives to their character to use in game.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.