Author Topic: FOnline server on Linux  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Rynn

• Tim, Ted & Tom Lawyer Agency
    • TTTLA office
FOnline server on Linux
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:47:11 pm »
Yop!

Just a simple question: Do you have some feedback about running a FOnline server on linux ?
I have made some test on an Ubuntu with Wine and it seems to work. Do you have more info ?

Re: FOnline server on Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »
Yop!

Just a simple question: Do you have some feedback about running a FOnline server on linux ?
I have made some test on an Ubuntu with Wine and it seems to work. Do you have more info ?

Im running the client on linux for a couple of weeks now. It's stability seems ok.

Tried the server too and it seems it's also running fine.

P4, 1GB DDR, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Wine 1.4

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:52:39 pm »
There's a linux version of server in SDK, no need to use Wine.
It was a loooong time when I last touched SDK(especially on linux), so don't ask me how to run it :D

If I remember right, jan0s1k made a nice tutorial for running server on linux on the old fonline.ru forum. Sadly old forum is gone :( but ask jan0s1k, he probably can help you.

Offline jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 08:56:43 pm »
There's a linux version of server in SDK, no need to use Wine.
It was a loooong time when I last touched SDK(especially on linux), so don't ask me how to run it :D

If I remember right, jan0s1k made a nice tutorial for running server on linux on the old fonline.ru forum. Sadly old forum is gone :( but ask jan0s1k, he probably can help you.
Ya, it gone even from google cache :<
Anyway in sdk repository you can find all the packages needed to launch native version of server and client (or even if you don't want to install additional libraries, then you can just use env for it ;) - there are unpacked libraries in this file as well). However as I remember launching server under wine was more efficent (to be even more you can compile wine with Misiolap patches - it can help also with displaying ip addresses of the players)

If you want to run native version, I've made init script for it (using admin panel and netcat) :

Offline Rynn

• Tim, Ted & Tom Lawyer Agency
    • TTTLA office
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 08:04:47 pm »
Thank's for your feedback !

Offline Atom

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 04:39:46 am »
However as I remember launching server under wine was more efficent (to be even more you can compile wine with Misiolap patches - it can help also with displaying ip addresses of the players)
That's no longer the case, according to the benchmarks in the same topic. Both Windows and Linux (native) versions should outperform a server running under the unpatched Wine, and Misiolap's patches bring Wine-run servers on par with the native versions.

Offline cvet

• FOnline Main Developer
    • FOnline
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 05:33:16 pm »
Linux binaries updated in rev. 393 (https://xp-dev.com/sc/change/76003/393), most bugs are fixed.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 07:17:08 pm »
Linux binaries updated in rev. 393 (https://xp-dev.com/sc/change/76003/393), most bugs are fixed.

I see you come back and again working on fonline :)