"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 04, 2024, 06:52:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Changelog 14/02/13  (Read 61393 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Changelog 14/02/13
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2013, 12:35:03 am »

Good update Mayck and other devs. I hope it will work well and after next wipe, pvp will be more balanced.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2013, 01:51:26 am »

Words.

Don't build carbon copy exploiter builds like everyone else and no need to redo the character if they fix the abused system.  Problem solved. 

Saying that because some people get to keep their characters after an update but others don't is a reason for wipe?  This game is always about people having characters built up while others don't, even right after wipe people will speed level a dozen characters in a few days leaving any one else without that kind of time stuck dealing with them.  Wipe, no wipe, that won't change.

Don't get me wrong wipes are nice, it's a fresh start in things, but other than the amount of players within a week or two the game always boils down to what it is.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2013, 03:20:18 am »

I don't like that change with the world map x_x
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:25:45 am by Alexandrite »

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2013, 06:35:22 am »

WM change scares me a bit, but also gives me hope that this game will thrive once more. (An easier way for players to PVP)

@Avv Was waiting for friends to get ready.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2013, 09:05:44 am »

This update is really good, prevent fast relog, make game more realstic, so i dont see any problem with mechanicsh of iddle system as anothers.

jacky.

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2013, 09:19:32 am »

Don't get me wrong wipes are nice, it's a fresh start in things, but other than the amount of players within a week or two the game always boils down to what it is.

Bullshit my friend. I started romanse with fo at the end of sesion and this is my 2nd full. I was v happy i can start from begin like many others So i wont Have to run with shotgun when 90% of wasteland had ba and avengers. Wipes are good and really i want to see another sesion. Fix armors and drugs crafting and wipe this sesion. Tent quest is v nice.
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2013, 11:39:34 am »

Don't build carbon copy exploiter builds like everyone else and no need to redo the character if they fix the abused system.  Problem solved. 

Exploiter builds, carbon ... what? Can't get more irrelevant than that and make less sense.

I see that you don't know what you are talking about, so save your breath about character changes.

Saying that because some people get to keep their characters after an update but others don't is a reason for wipe?

That is exactly what Wipe said, I was merely revolving around his philosophy upon a point he might be willing to discuss, you should understand more before saying anything.

This game is always about people having characters built up while others don't, even right after wipe people will speed level a dozen characters in a few days leaving any one else without that kind of time stuck dealing with them.  Wipe, no wipe, that won't change.

Irrelevant, I think Wipe should be periodic no matter what in order to keep check of a lot of things, one of them would be the well being of the players, it is fun to start over, good for new players and more or less a motivation to check the game's progress for quite a lot of inactive players and see the accumulated changes to work from the very beginning, that means it is a completely different experience. Good example would be, the new old town control system what I'm the most familiar with, Wipe came and because of this feature what was completely broken and exploitable at the very beginning, gangs as well as other "ordinary" players that were interested in some sort of combat activities stopped playing and became inactive, do you know that Town Control box, it spawned Vindicator and Gauss ammo at the very start? The server simply went down to the lowest population in a long time, because the game was broken in so many ways and it repeats over and over again.

Some part comes back, some doesn't bother to check it out until Wipe, because we all know how fast updates can come.

Fresh slate, a new beginning to show how well the game has progressed, that it is fixed and running well is a good reason itself to do a Wipe, it attracts many players and if the game for once would be some sort of quality material from the beginning, not lagging, bugged, full of exploitable features, again it is a completely different experience and players might just not decide to go away after first weeks.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:44:25 am by T-888 »

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2013, 12:15:12 pm »

If you die, there must be penalty for that fact that you lost the frigging combat.
Relogging is just circumventing the fact that you died and promoting nolifers at
the cost of more casual PvP players. I see no problem with slowing down pace.

Agreed but is there some casual pvp players left after 1 year session? I don't think ! Fun is gone and atm i don't died and just stand in city with my mates 15 min for a 2min fight !

+ for me the fast relog is not the argument for leaving the game, the argument is that there is nothing to do exept PVP, add quest and RP feature for those who don't wan't to only PVP !
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:19:30 pm by dskpnk »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »

you want a fresh start so you can begin to grind again, ~deleteself on all your characters and stop begging for an useless wipe.
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2013, 12:15:44 pm »

With each wipe the game becomes very unstable, full of bugs and only best hoarders, crafters and farmers can succeed. No thanks, I don't want wipe just to see gangs like VSB or CS active for one month, because when other gangs gain their full power these gangs leave FOnline. Argument about increased server population is only partially true, after two months or so there will be exactly the same population as we are experiencing now (check Server-Boy).

This update was so important for gameplay, it encourages players to stay in towns (because WM is not safe) and that's very good. There were actions in Reno yesterday at about 1pm which was impossible few days ago (nobody would come).

I was v happy i can start from begin like many others So i wont Have to run with shotgun when 90% of wasteland had ba and avengers.
Now you have avengers and CAs so do others. What's the problem?
if the game for once would be some sort of quality material from the beginning, not lagging, bugged, full of exploitable features, again it is a completely different experience and players might just not decide to go away after first weeks.
That's the problem, I don't remember a wipe without tons of bugs, crashes and so on. If everyone knew the exact wipe date, nobody would bother with crafting, farming and the server would be even more empty.

Wipe solves nothing it's like a dream holiday (a buggy one), it doesn't last long you enjoy it and then you go back to everyday reality.
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2013, 12:41:22 pm »

If everyone knew the exact wipe date, nobody would bother with crafting, farming and the server would be even more empty.

Players wouldn't over-exaggerate with full bases of stuff, the player would start to actually think how much he really needs, I've seen players bases that could support a whole faction for a good time and what for the player needs to hoard so much?

Habit I'd say, but it would be better combined with a wipe, either the player crafts, farms out of habit or he does it because he needs in order to play, it is that much fun to farm and craft in that case, because there is some motivation for it.

Wipe solves nothing it's like a dream holiday (a buggy one), it doesn't last long you enjoy it and then you go back to everyday reality.

Yeah, because it is so good, it could happen more often just as simple as that.

Also, Wipe is "damage control".

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/damagecontrol.png/

1 base out of 5 and not everything is shown here. ( I presume we could have at least 1 million 10mmAP ammo, more ammunition than caps obviously, ridiculous. Previous session it was backwards. ;D Nothing can really work ever and the game not be spoiled for a year or more?)

Well, kinda dumb when the same thing happens to drugs and other valuable items, um they are supposed to be valuable, if not very useful currently.

Damage is done by certain features, after a year of session Wipe is just the perfect solution no matter, because a lot has happened, a lot has been exploited and it is yet another reason to do a wipe, to fix the damage and improve.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:48:34 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2013, 12:58:29 pm »

With each wipe the game becomes very unstable, full of bugs and only best hoarders, crafters and farmers can succeed. No thanks, I don't want wipe just to see gangs like VSB or CS active for one month, because when other gangs gain their full power these gangs leave FOnline. Argument about increased server population is only partially true, after two months or so there will be exactly the same population as we are experiencing now (check Server-Boy).
... this is real situation about wipe. We dont need wipe , also need test new pvp system . With no stuff we cant ... just make good updates and have a  fun
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:02:55 pm by LittleBoy »

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2013, 01:07:25 pm »

i have hoarded so much stuff and various alts , now i am playing more PVP and i would like to get some experience. I rly dont wana wipe, just new features to be tested with all my alts and stuff. Thank you.

JovankaB

« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2013, 01:08:16 pm »

With each wipe the game becomes very unstable, full of bugs

This wasn't caused by wipe. If server was wiped now, there would be no new features at all.
Stuff is put on server as soon as it's ready for public.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:10:27 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2013, 01:11:50 pm »

Of course, there wouldn't be nothing new, that is why I asked ...

Why didn't prepare these kind of changes with maybe something more and a wipe? It's been a long time now.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.