"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 05:04:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (New?) Idea for bringing PA/APA back in the game  (Read 2608 times)

(New?) Idea for bringing PA/APA back in the game
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:49:53 pm »

How about PA/APA isn't obtainable through farming BOS/Enclave, but through a multi-stage quest for either faction?

You would have to join BOS/Enclave.
You would have to do a series of high level quests, available at player level over 21.
Quests are repeatable but the quest timer for these is set to a looong period of time not 2 hrs, more like 3-4 weeks.
You would get 1 Set of PA per char, alting would be more or less no problem, since the requirements are so high therefore it wouldnt be farmed.

The PA could also be more complex to maintain:
1. It is POWERED Armor, so it needs recharging from time to time. Recharging stations are only either in unguarded high-risk locations or at BOS/Enclave, but with the requirement of repairing the recharge station first.
To avoid players just bring repair alt, the recharger at BOS/Enclave is on secluded map where only one player at a time gets in (like the brahmin willow from westin quest).
If you fail to recharge in time your char becomes immobile and has to take the PA off.
2. Maintenance will be more or less impossible due to no spare parts. Detoriation could be pretty slow, but still at some point the armor gets broken for good. Also PA could be repaired by BOS/Enclave for doing another small repeatable quest to make it last longer, but condition still decays over time (Nevr gets back to 100)

This would make you think twice where and when you use your PA.

When you lose the PA either because its broken or stolen or lost in battle, you will be able to get a new one by repeating the quest for BOS/Enclave.
Or you have to fight to get another player's Set which can be very difficult.

All in all I think its a good way to bring PAs back and add new challenges to the game too.

What do you think?

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
Re: (New?) Idea for bringing PA/APA back in the game
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:10:11 pm »

As far as I know PA/APA in not in the game due to a game balance issue. Remember old Fallouts? It made you almost invulnerable. Everyone would want to have it if it was that powerful. On the other hand if it gets nerfed too much the idea of having one loses all its meaning. Guess that settles the issue with farming it from BoS/Enclave.

I really like your idea of obtaining it through other means. I'm not sure if joining BoS/E is the good way to go however. Since you can't join a player faction once you're with BoS/E, and as we know Fonline 2238 is about player factions - your proposition will encourace alting. People will keep an alt to do BoS/E quests for armor, then give it to another char.

But since I have no propositions on how to address the issue - I'll have to think about it for a bit :)
Idling....

Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:17:04 pm »

Just simply make it craftable.Of course a bunch of stuff gonna need for it and a lot of repair or science %.And this balance issue thing a crap.Just check out Gatling laser...It's overpowered as well and none crying because of that :)
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:36:59 pm »

Gatling overpowered???

Thou art mistaken Sir.

Gatling is shit against Metal Armors for example. It is a specialized weapon and requires a specialized build . To counter the threat of GL builds you need... another specialized build. In other words - It makes PvP more interesting and diverse by forcing people to use more than one type of armor.

PA/APA on the other hand would become the only choice for hardcore PvPers
Idling....

Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:44:33 pm »

Oh sorry my bad...774 without crit isnt overpowered
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:52:34 pm »

Power Armor and Advanced Power Armor arent same class armors , they differ even more than metal armor and combat amor class. Do not forget this fact in your ideas expresions.

Also what is relevant here and even more important than just expressions is DR/DT stats and ST bonuses given by them. Such bonus as +4 to SPECIAL points is rly not acceptable for current (unbalanced) PVP balance. Also with armor normal DR over 40% "tank alts" are getting too close to 100%(95%) damage reductions what is again not acceptable.

Consider that maxium DR atm is 90% and even that is reachable with maximum 70hp, so pretty close to dead, and next 5% of DR would HALF absolut dealed damage = not acceptable again.

My opinions is that regular Power Armors might be used for some events or given by GMs to some HARD RPlayers for such not PVPish purpose. But Hardened Power Armor or any of APAs arent useble with current game.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »

As far as I know PA/APA in not in the game due to a game balance issue. Remember old Fallouts? It made you almost invulnerable. Everyone would want to have it if it was that powerful. On the other hand if it gets nerfed too much the idea of having one loses all its meaning. Guess that settles the issue with farming it from BoS/Enclave.

There must be a balanced point between overpowered and nerfed to unattractive, I BELIEVE in it!

I'm not sure if joining BoS/E is the good way to go however. Since you can't join a player faction once you're with BoS/E, and as we know Fonline 2238 is about player factions - your proposition will encourace alting. People will keep an alt to do BoS/E quests for armor, then give it to another char.

Then scrap the part about joining BOS/Enclave. Atm theres is no real reason to join them anyway.
You'd just do the aforementioned quest chain as some kind of freelancer for them.

Just simply make it craftable.

Boooring. :P  And even if a lot of skill and mats are needed, there will be enough nolifers that will make the high sci and rep alt and the mining alts and craft them in masses. Even if the pa would take the whole 6hrs of crafting cd. This would encourage alting and grinding even more. Again: Booooooooooring.
Through obtaining it by a hard to reach/completeable quest that has long repeat timer, the amount of PAs in game could be regulated better. And its fun and some much needed PVE-adventure! ;D

And so far no one responded to the recharging idea... :(
Cmoon, we can make this work. Well.. devs can make this work i guess ;D

Also what is relevant here and even more important than just expressions is DR/DT stats and ST bonuses given by them. Such bonus as +4 to SPECIAL points is rly not acceptable for current (unbalanced) PVP balance. Also with armor normal DR over 40% "tank alts" are getting too close to 100%(95%) damage reductions what is again not acceptable.

Consider that maxium DR atm is 90% and even that is reachable with maximum 70hp, so pretty close to dead, and next 5% of DR would HALF absolut dealed damage = not acceptable again.

My opinions is that regular Power Armors might be used for some events or given by GMs to some HARD RPlayers for such not PVPish purpose. But Hardened Power Armor or any of APAs arent useble with current game.

edit:
just missed that post,
I see what the problem is. It looks like there is much more work to be done in scaling parameters of all armors,DR-perks and such.
Damn.
What comes to mind first there is at least taking away ST bonus, but i guess thats not enough.
Time to rethink this.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:37:25 pm by BLDYMSS »
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:41:01 pm »

Original PA is not very overpowered, all weapons can do substantial damage against it, gatling laser can maybe not cause some damage, yet again, there are always bypasses. I don't like the idea of PA or beyond since factions could farm large amounts of it and can get quite ridiculous.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:44:11 pm »

I don't like the idea of PA or beyond since factions could farm large amounts of it and can get quite ridiculous.

read my suggestion please. It contains ideas how to minimize amount of PAs in game.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:49 pm »

Suggested lots of times(twice by me).

But this sound ehhhh decent?
There are visible flaws 'n' all.

Anyway,here is what i would add to this suggestion:
Make BoS/Enc have limited number of players who can join (20~ should do it)
Perhaps it could cripple the farming of it?

Also with each additional player make the cost to join even greater,maybe even turn it into a quest like in F1 (the glow trip).

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:30 pm »

read my suggestion please. It contains ideas how to minimize amount of PAs in game.

just i would like to mention that DEVs were been trying to "minimize" most of the rare stuff, but amazingly they never(almost?) suceeded?!

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 08:00:21 pm »

just i would like to mention that DEVs were been trying to "minimize" most of the rare stuff, but amazingly they never(almost?) suceeded?!
Pulse rifle,gauss rifle and that magic GM stick that insta kills everything are the only weapons that are not currently in the players possession.
So yeah,almost.
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 08:21:06 pm »

Suggested lots of times(twice by me).

and I think its time to suggest it again  ;D

But this sound ehhhh decent?
There are visible flaws 'n' all.

ehhhh, thanks? Point them out please. I really would like this discussion to become constructive an lasting, so if there are flaws there need to be solutions found out  :)

Make BoS/Enc have limited number of players who can join (20~ should do it)
Perhaps it could cripple the farming of it?

Or if joining them was not required (because of what MrSarcastic said about players wanting to be in player factions), limit the number of quests to obtain PA given out to overall players.
5 times a week and at random times and only available in time window of an hour or two. Who comes at the right time gets the quest and that not nessecarily would mean that PA is obtained because quest could be hard and easily failable even for experienced player. (reminds me of loner sneak actions in Ares with 300 sneak and still getting ass busted 4of5 times  ;D)
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 02:04:53 am »

I did read, and that way won't minimize anything, some people have over 30 max leveled characters, and if they got that far a lot of 
quests won't get in their way either.

It's not a bad idea because it gives more reasons to do quests, and normal PA isn't that strong, so maybe it's an okay idea if it's just for the original PA.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 05:31:11 pm »

I think (since PA isn't just a suit of armor, but actually something much more) that they should need specialized stations to be weared.
I mean, something like "Power Armor Maintence Station", to put on your PA, and again to put it off. This way it would be a "permanent" suit of armor (like a perk that boosts stats and changes character sprite), that cannot be kept after being killed, cannot be looted (no way you can take some kind of... metal skin off a corpse - feel free to try if you want, but i don't think so -)
Instead of standard deterioration, it would have to get minor maintence, except in particular events (cannot think of any right now).
OF COURSE when you have a power armor on on you cannot put anything over it (again, feel free to try)
And, OF COURSE you would need to get access to one of those facilities, and also somehow get an armor itself.
Still, as someone else has stated, Power Armor isn't there yet for balance reason, like alot of other "overpowered" equipment.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.