Poll

Like this idea?

Yes
- 13 (72.2%)
No
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CRAFTING BUG  (Read 4158 times)

CRAFTING BUG
« on: March 27, 2010, 03:23:37 pm »

Basically this topic was a suggestion for crafting, but it occurs that there is a crafting bug.
Crafting gives only 1/10th xp it should give.

Eg.
Flamer fuel 24xp - should be 240xp
Rockets 124xp - should be 1240xp

Please notify if there are more items needed to fix.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:18:06 pm by Neuromancer »
" ... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you ... " - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://forum.newfmc.pl/ - Nieoficjalne 'Polskie Pustkowia'
Re: Crafting
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 03:33:57 pm »

I agree so hard on this. Basing crafting xp on the item prices is just ridiriduridariculous. The crafting xp's could not be as big as mentioned here, as imo its more than enough, but the ones were having now are just awfully wrong.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:37:02 pm by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 03:42:56 pm »

So basically cut it by half so it would look like:

0tier crafting 500 xp/hour**
1tier crafting= 1000 xp/hour
2tier crafting= 1500 xp/hour
3tier crafting= 2000 xp/hour

Added poll.
" ... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you ... " - Friedrich Nietzsche

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 04:07:51 pm »

You do realise that the recipes are also based off the price that there is already an implied xp for each resource item.

This is another example of someone saying, lets have exactly the same system, but change a couple of variables - but, into the deal you have to rework everything!

xp depends on the price, speed of crafting depends on the level - by changing those 2 variables you can create exactly the same thing as suggested here without having to redo everything.

Now, those things are *if* it was desirable to change the xp-ing rate for crafting, which I am not convinced of. Crafting itself is a supporting system, to allow you to either make money or arm yourself to take part in levelling in PvE or PvP. It isn't meant to be a serious way of levelling, its a slight bonus as you go.

We want people out interacting with each other, levelling as you play, not playing to level.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 04:22:24 pm »

Alright, anyway, another thing about crafting. I made 20 rockets, easy mats, fast to get, that doesnt matter. Thing is, i got 120 xp and 112 minute cooldown. I hope the cooldown is a bug, and its not meant to be like that...
I give a fuck.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 04:31:09 pm »

You do realise that the recipes are also based off the price that there is already an implied xp for each resource item.

You do realise that I've said that prices should be based on effort in gathering, and NOT xp based on prices?

Quote from: Solar
Now, those things are *if* it was desirable to change the xp-ing rate for crafting, which I am not convinced of. Crafting itself is a supporting system, to allow you to either make money or arm yourself to take part in levelling in PvE or PvP. It isn't meant to be a serious way of levelling, its a slight bonus as you go.
It would be actually as pre wipe and adjusted to modern way of gathering. I understand that with new way of gathering you had to do new crafting tables but current tables suck.
I do realise that there were some exploits ( like making 5 flamers in 20 minutes and having almost 4000xp for it ) and you had to change it but cutting xp to 1/5 isn't a solution.
If in pre wipe era you could actually gain some xp's through crafting - why it needs to be nerfed so badly and you are so stubborn while majority of players want changes.

Quote from: Solar
To get to level 21 from only crafting will take you around ... 210000 / 1000 @ level 3 = 210 hours.
Crafting before the wipe was 30% prices, which I thought was too high, now its slightly down to 20% and we will see how that goes.
Have you ever crafted 200 Avengers or 200 BA ? I still have quite feeling that you haven't so ...
And how can you write we will see how it goes while you had 3 sites of complains about current crafting system?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 04:38:59 pm »

Alright, anyway, another thing about crafting. I made 20 rockets, easy mats, fast to get, that doesnt matter. Thing is, i got 120 xp and 112 minute cooldown. I hope the cooldown is a bug, and its not meant to be like that...

Rockets are $310, 20 rockets = $6200, level 1 items crafted @ $3000 = just over 2 hour countdown.

Yes, rockets are expensive :)

Materials have a base price set due, in part, to how difficult they are to get. So there is no need to factor this in twice.

Crafting has had a slight nerf compared to pre wipe xp. This will stay as it was too fast compared to other types of levelling before.

Most certianly the whole system won't be changed to something virtually identical when everything alredy exists to tune this system. If it does in fact need tuning it will be, but I'm a long way from being convinced it is
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:50:06 pm by Solar »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 04:41:16 pm »

crafting always supposed to be way of making money, not leveling up, i like new crafting system :>
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 04:41:30 pm »

Rockets are $310, 20 rockets = $6200, level 1 items crafted @ $3000 = just over 2 hour countdown.

Yes, rockets are expensive :)
Oh blubber... 120 xp in 2 hours :/
I give a fuck.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 04:52:09 pm »

$6200 * 0.2 = 1240 xp ... no idea where 120xp would have come from
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 04:54:12 pm »

Crafting isn't only money is exp too.
I do realise that there were some exploits ( like making 5 flamers in 20 minutes and having almost 4000xp for it ) and you had to change it but cutting xp to 1/5 isn't a solution.

Yes, me too. I like make weapons for me and my friend and later go with friends hunt, pvp, pve... Please fix crafting system.

WTF?! It is obvious that the game is for "nolifers". In FOnline real play begins at 21 lvl when you can go take the city and others.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 04:57:07 pm »

$6200 * 0.2 = 1240 xp ... no idea where 120xp would have come from
I smell either fail in math or heavycore bug.
For making 10 rockets, wich is 1 metal part, 1 gunpowder, 1 electronic part, 1 junk, i get 120 xp. For making 20 rockets i get 240 xp (sorry, not 120xp) and around 110 minute cooldown. 2 hours are 120 minutes, so practically, by crafting explosive rockets i get 240 xp in two hours.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 05:03:34 pm »

@ Solar  a flamer have 10 min cooldown and give 150 exp that is ok but why give rockets 60? min cooldown and only 120 exp ?
all what you get with that system is that every guy have 3 big gun crafter lvl 1 to make rockets because its to less for that time.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 05:06:52 pm »

In 10 mins im gonna edit this post and tell 100% precisely how much xp does 10 explosive rockets give and how big crafting cooldown they give. If needed, i could provide screenshots too.
...*Going to base*...
....*Having an unpleasant encounter with slavers*...
...*Entering base*...
...*Fetching materials*...
THE BIG MOMENT OF TRUTH

Gentlemen and Mentlegen. A minute ago, 1 metal part, 1 electronic part, 1 junk and 1 gunpowder, with the help of great schematics of Guns & Bullets book turned into 10 explosive rockets, 60 experience points and about 58 minute cooldown.
Is - that - normal?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:21:37 pm by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.

Tahvy^

• Same nick in IRC
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 05:08:19 pm »

crafting always supposed to be way of making money, not leveling up, i like new crafting system :>

I second this post. Pre-wipe it was easy to level up by mass producing & selling some low-tier stuff, getting a profession, rince & repeat on higher level stuff and then go out to "the desert" with pals 'n' bazookas :P
"Se on psykosomaattista!"
- Nipsu
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 25 queries.