"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 02:05:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wasteland 2 TRAILER!  (Read 2865 times)

Gob

• The Good
Re: Wasteland 2 TRAILER!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 04:47:15 pm »

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Is that THING role play game? Where the fuck are dialog options?! Tomatos? Help? Kurwa. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I thought it will be cRPG like Fallout. It doesn't even stand close to it.

Yeah, man I always find it a pain in the ass to control multiple characters and look out for them(guess I haven't dual-logged enough on 2238 for that).. also I haven't seen one single RPG thing in that video... I really hope they will give an option so you can play alone with no other team mates and also the freedom to revisit other towns for more quests or to trade. I'm starting to feel like this will end up like Duke Nukem Forever or Fallout Tactics or even Diablo 3... after so many years they deliver such a crappy game.. plzzz don't complicate the game too much with shitty GUI's I can't handle complicated things, ye maybe they showed too much so people now already made its idea about their game..
It's fine that we are in 2013 and 2D graphics look more bad ass than 3D ones. Look at fallout tactics or fallout 1 and 2 to see the amount of detail they put in things.. in Wasteland 2 we have Borderlands and Toy Story graphics all that cartoony kids shit..

Man check this shit out, they could have done something like this:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ILFgiYaRU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ILFgiYaRU</a>#!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:02:56 pm by Gob »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 05:49:24 pm »

Stasis is, albeit very nice looking, an adventure game, not an RPG.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »

Sorry but atm Fallout New Vegas is just better. At least it has good old school dialogs system.
Keyword-system is actually more old skool than written out dialog options. Besides, New Vegas is a totally different game (style-wise).

Yeah, man I always find it a pain in the ass to control multiple characters and look out for them(guess I haven't dual-logged enough on 2238 for that).. also I haven't seen one single RPG thing in that video... I really hope they will give an option so you can play alone with no other team mates
You can use only one character, but the game won't be balanced for that.

I really hope they will give an option so you can play alone with no other team mates and also the freedom to revisit other towns for more quests or to trade.
It is quite obvious to me that you never played Wasteland.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:52:14 pm by Lexx »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 06:54:19 pm »

Keyword-system is actually more old skool than written out dialog options. Besides, New Vegas is a totally different game (style-wise).
You can use only one character, but the game won't be balanced for that.
It is quite obvious to me that you never played Wasteland.

In original Wasteland you were supposed to imagine what you would say, the game hasnt limited you to a certain type of answer but also bore a element of surprise, as you couldnt tell for sure what exactly the NPC heard from you.

But it would look more appealing, if the buttons were called "mention help/violence/sex/whatever." and not just "egg!" answer, as expected from IN1 character.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 07:25:35 pm »

Stasis is, albeit very nice looking, an adventure game, not an RPG.

Please tell me what RPG elements have you seen in that gameplay..

@Lexx

No I haven't, I heard about it many years ago but I couldn't find it available for sale.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 08:26:09 pm »

It will need lots of scenario and kabooms since it's an RTS team-strategy game.

It's not realtime...

Do people here also not realize that the gameplay video shown is pre alpha shit that is not representative of the final product... for those saying it's REAL TIME:

You're wrong.... watch the video and watch TURN BASED COMBAT.

For those saying it's not an RPG... this is WASTELAND sequel... THERE ARE STATS and percentages.. They're just not being shown yet... It's surprising how people playing a game in a persistent beta stage, can't see how the gameplay video is just showing ideas and development.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:53:40 am by LostSoul »

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 10:44:37 pm »

Stats and percentages don't make game role play. Im sure they won't change dialog system and it will be fail.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:18 pm »

Sorry but atm Fallout New Vegas is just better. At least it has good old school dialogs system.

I would really like to see interactions between team members:

Hey, sup?

Sex

Sorry but no.

SEX

I already said no.

SEXXX

END

What do you have against sex?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.