"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 05:10:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Indie Developers & Games  (Read 6531 times)

Re: Indie Developers & Games
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 12:14:26 am »

played it for both endings.

anybody played jets'n' & guns?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 12:16:18 am by Fettel »
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 06:59:22 am »

Well i am Indie Fan for sure, i only play indies ^^

Wow I can see you are an excellent Indie Fan! You have my highest respect. :P

Also. Me and some other Indie Developers are kicking an idea around for a Post Apocalyptic RPG, what kind of things would you like to play in a Post Apoc RPG?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:00:32 am by Mr Feltzer »
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 10:55:18 am »

A lot of things need to be done to make good apocaliptic feel main things:

-Scarce on weapons, not that you go trough and after 30 min you need to empty your back pack at shop because it's full.

- Ammo, god fukkin ammo you shoot by burst, you can ask what it's wrong with it, well if there is an apocalypse next door, between "The normal ending of world by nukes or other shit" and "The Apocalypse" is a big mess, people shooting each other at sight looters burning Weapon and ammo factories highly raped, also what force (raiders, army outcast, last remntats of army.) cannot haul, from the weapon factory, will be destroyed in time where is no moment to think about future, where the end is now. so the ammo in theese times would be very hard to get, so think about 20-30 years later, the apocalypse where last points of ammo (Gunstores, small factories, some ammo packs found in the rocks of destroyed factory...) don't exist anymore. To make it short, there should be 2 types of ammo, good old world ammo- very hard to find. and new handcrafted ammo, from weak smelts and shitty gunpowder. This is where player decide if he risk his life with weaker ammo, or give all of his money to shopkeeper for some bullets, some games tried do it like that, but they did not balanced it well, the weaker ammo should jam weapons, sometimes there should be misfires and other thing to show the weakness of new world stuff made of junk.

- Back to the roots - When technology is no more, we get other weapons!, bows and crossbows should be in here for sure, also full kevlar/metal armours. and when that tech comes back, the crazies shows their asses and welcome the King's Arhtur's Madmen!  :P

About Gameplay...

Looting - This is the shit you should spend most time, not fighting stupid raiders.
loot places should be time based, like when you search it takes time, and areas of loot (Here comes hard thing to decide) should, or should not be re-searchable, good balance between that could be that the low loot places respawn stuff and high ones not.

I could write alot more but i see no sense of it, I let the other player's speak...

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 12:56:20 am »

Kudos to you wesan, I wish I had time to try them all.
I only played Dungeons Of Dredmor (a year ago ?) and I kinda find that game flat and boring. I expected a lot more.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 01:33:27 pm »

Kudos to you wesan, I wish I had time to try them all.
I only played Dungeons Of Dredmor (a year ago ?) and I kinda find that game flat and boring. I expected a lot more.

Yes, sadly, game have more crafting than all fonline servers toghether, alot various monster, challanges to come, good time looting and other shit needed for awesome game, sadly, i didn't stay too long just like you, i though it was just me, but looks like this game is making people bored of it.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 09:55:37 pm »

Wow I can see you are an excellent Indie Fan! You have my highest respect. :P

Also. Me and some other Indie Developers are kicking an idea around for a Post Apocalyptic RPG, what kind of things would you like to play in a Post Apoc RPG?
Exploration.
Exploring destroyed buildings or abandoned military bases.
Co-op for up to 5 people.
Weapon diversity.
No time rush(F1/2 had this constant sense of urgency that ruined the whole expirience IMHO)

Mr Feltzer

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 07:26:56 am »

Exploration.
Exploring destroyed buildings or abandoned military bases.
Co-op for up to 5 people.
Weapon diversity.
No time rush(F1/2 had this constant sense of urgency that ruined the whole expirience IMHO)

Thanks for the input ^_^

Mr Feltzer

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 05:14:45 am »

If you folks were to play a Post-Apocalyptic RPG, and you had the ability to construct a settlement, How advanced would you like to see it?

If the construction of settlements is really advanced and takes alot of time and learning would that be appealing? Or would the players like to see it bare-bones simple stuff that dosent really go too in-depth with a player town

or what some form of balance? any thoughts?
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 06:06:25 am »

I personally would enjoy a very in depth building of a village.  It could become fairly advanced but would require you

1. Find survivors that know a specific field
2. Raid a library, bookstore, wherever is logical, to find the needed guides on how to build something if you lack a survivor with intimate knowledge of the project
3. Your village is allowed to be hit by raiders/monsters whatever fits the post apocalyptic environment, if you decide to go scavenge with your main military force don't be surprised if you come back and find your villagers murdered.
4. Don't expect to be creating new guns/vehicles but only repairing what you find.  (Mixing and matching parts of vehicles should be OK.)
5. Any scavengers/hunters you send out can die.
6. Not everyone can be trusted, villagers should be able to be spies for raiders/steal items from your stores or just go insane and kill themselves/other villagers.
7. All types of villages should be able to have a chance to survive from a basic hut village to ones inside a well defended compound it will just be harder for the lower tech/less defended ones to survive.
8. Completely optional, shouldn't be forced to build a village in an RPG if you do not wish to.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:10:08 am by Slaver Snipe »

Mr Feltzer

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 10:05:03 pm »

I personally would enjoy a very in depth building of a village.  It could become fairly advanced but would require you

1. Find survivors that know a specific field
2. Raid a library, bookstore, wherever is logical, to find the needed guides on how to build something if you lack a survivor with intimate knowledge of the project
3. Your village is allowed to be hit by raiders/monsters whatever fits the post apocalyptic environment, if you decide to go scavenge with your main military force don't be surprised if you come back and find your villagers murdered.
4. Don't expect to be creating new guns/vehicles but only repairing what you find.  (Mixing and matching parts of vehicles should be OK.)
5. Any scavengers/hunters you send out can die.
6. Not everyone can be trusted, villagers should be able to be spies for raiders/steal items from your stores or just go insane and kill themselves/other villagers.
7. All types of villages should be able to have a chance to survive from a basic hut village to ones inside a well defended compound it will just be harder for the lower tech/less defended ones to survive.
8. Completely optional, shouldn't be forced to build a village in an RPG if you do not wish to.

I like it, we were heading down a similar track. Thanks for the input
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 11:07:23 pm »

Unreal world rpg was not mentioned.
Very good survival game
Endurance?
I'm built to regenerate.

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 05:00:09 pm »

Hacknet - Well obvoisly you are hacker and hack, it is like simplistic version of uplink, but fun in pvp.
Simplistic? You gotta kiddin me :O It looks awesome, more like Hacker Evolution than Uplink (Uplink was just another futuristic sci-fi shit, it had nice plot and I had a lot of fun, when I was playing in it's LAN systems, but it was simplistic as much as it could be)
Anyway I have to try it soon :>

EDIT: This game is awesome, but way too short :<
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:21:06 pm by jan0s1k »

Mr Feltzer

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 07:12:52 am »

If you were to be playing in massive post-apocalyptic City,

on a scale of 1 -10 how much would you enjoy going through destroyed buildings ( Interior will be random generated ) looking for loot and scraps?

Is this something you folks would enjoy actually doing?

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »

If you were to be playing in massive post-apocalyptic City,

on a scale of 1 -10 how much would you enjoy going through destroyed buildings ( Interior will be random generated ) looking for loot and scraps?

Is this something you folks would enjoy actually doing?
I'd enjoy it if there was a small chance that there would be some enemies in it
For example:You enter a building,notice a bright light.When you come closer you see a group of raiders sitting around a camp fire.After that you either choose to run away or fight,or maybe sneak around and steal some of their stuff (It's all about multiple choices)

Perhaps when you enter a building there would be a 10% chance that you will find a hidden passageway to a cellar or a basement or something.Then in there you would find something interesting like:
1.Storage (filled with some useful items like food or equipment,maybe some weapons)
2.Bomb shelter(food,basic supplies and 90% chance to find at least 1 gun)
3.Wine cellar (wine)
4.Parking lot (lots of broken down cars and maybe even a working one)
Ok I ran out of ideas

As for loot and scraps,well depends which one do I need the most.Buildings shouldn't be overstocked with stuff.

(This is all just in my own opinion anyway)

Also here is an odd suggestion,and is probably very hard to implement
Make the dark impossible to see through without some light source like a torch or a flare or even a basic flashlight.
There could be some weird quests added to this too(like restoring and old back up generator to make the lights in an abandoned building work again so you could explore it)

But like I said this is just my opinion.

Mr Feltzer

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:42 pm »

I'd enjoy it if there was a small chance that there would be some enemies in it
For example:You enter a building,notice a bright light.When you come closer you see a group of raiders sitting around a camp fire.After that you either choose to run away or fight,or maybe sneak around and steal some of their stuff (It's all about multiple choices)

Perhaps when you enter a building there would be a 10% chance that you will find a hidden passageway to a cellar or a basement or something.Then in there you would find something interesting like:
1.Storage (filled with some useful items like food or equipment,maybe some weapons)
2.Bomb shelter(food,basic supplies and 90% chance to find at least 1 gun)
3.Wine cellar (wine)
4.Parking lot (lots of broken down cars and maybe even a working one)
Ok I ran out of ideas

As for loot and scraps,well depends which one do I need the most.Buildings shouldn't be overstocked with stuff.

(This is all just in my own opinion anyway)

Also here is an odd suggestion,and is probably very hard to implement
Make the dark impossible to see through without some light source like a torch or a flare or even a basic flashlight.
There could be some weird quests added to this too(like restoring and old back up generator to make the lights in an abandoned building work again so you could explore it)

But like I said this is just my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Firstly I will say its actually impossible to see through the dark without some degree of light source.

I Like the 10% chance of a special area. would be pretty cool, Ill be sure to add it.
and its definately planned to have enemies in most buildings you enter
Primarily Infected Hives, but Raiders too :D
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.