"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 03:06:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Indie Developers & Games  (Read 6546 times)

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
Indie Developers & Games
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:21:34 am »

Hey Folks! Its Feltzer Here!

What kind of Indie Community are we in here, Is anyone here an Indie Developer? Do we have Indie Game Fans?

Tell us your Favorite Indie Game, Your Favorite Indie Developer ect ect.

I Myself, Im an Indie Developer are there any more out there in the 2238 community?
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
Re: Indie Developers & Games
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 02:50:11 pm »

Well i am Indie Fan for sure, i only play indies ^^

I can list some good ones and explain them for others:

A Nation of Wind -I loved that one, you are sky ship and build civilization on sky islands while defending them from monsters, EPIC!

Naev - Best open world space rpg i played, but the fight system is a bit hard.

Hacknet - Well obvoisly you are hacker and hack, it is like simplistic version of uplink, but fun in pvp.

Savage 2 - Good RTS Game where your soldiers are players.

Ace of Spades - Funny blocky FPS where everything could be destroyed, like minecraft with guns.

Creeper World 1/2 - One of best games i played, hard to explain, you defend yourself from the creeper, small viruses which toghether look like fluid, and they mean to kill  you. In 1 epic is that you build civilization on islands  higher than the sea of creeper (View from up) And in 2 its more strategic base building (platformy View)

Driftmoon - Still in development, funny rpg, when you start, you need more.

Dungeon's Of Dredmor - AWESOMELY Done Tile based Rpg/Dungeon Rapist, Loads of humor inside. You can be mage of EMOmancy!

Intrusion 2 - This is some shit, Every platformer can hide now, This game is soo perfectly done... Best platformer ever played. it have physics and 3d, Very epic missions, and awesome music to cover it.

LIMBO - I do not know if it's still indie or not, good platformer.

Quintessence - The Blighted Venom - This one is Good RPG novel if you love that type of games, you should try it.

Towns - Awesome town builder game. Nothing to add.

Gnomoria - EVEN more awesome! you can build anything you desire here. Game is so much in shit that even when you make door or wall from other wood or stone, it have other color responding to it.

Rogue survivor - Zombie survival symulator, rogue like, 3D version is in development, propably will be good.

Project Zomboid - Game which broke my heart, for first awesome, then updates getting out too slow and making lagg my pc, and every new update it just got more boring, Fear not, better inventory management system in development should fix it.

Frozen Synapse - You can call it new type of turn based squad shooter, good one also.

Faster than Light - Space ship simulator, sadly get's boring too fast.

Mark of the ninja - Best stealth platformer game on the market.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:20:18 pm by wesan »
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 03:23:18 pm »

the only game you need is dwarf fortress.

Pucha

• Smash!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »

@wesan
Quintessence - The Blighted Venom
 is the best i was looking for some game like this, thanks :)
(Work+study..)ⁿ

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:32:10 pm »

www.newgrounds.com

Best side for indie games and indie devs
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 03:37:48 pm »

@wesan
Quintessence - The Blighted Venom
 is the best i was looking for some game like this, thanks :)

I hope you enjoy it like i was, also, they have another awesome novel (not rpg thought) called "To the moon" But it's not free, which doesn't makes the fact that i enjoyed it too.

www.newgrounds.com

Best side for indie games and indie devs

This is flash game site, i do not know if this count in as indie but hell, i love that website. Last time i enjoyed Rogue Soul, and i keep coming back for Madness: Project Nexus.  :)

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

From that site community Bluebaby get help in making Super MeatBoy and Binding of Isaac. There is a lot of helpful people/topics/etc 

Pucha

• Smash!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 03:56:08 pm »

@ wesan i will ;)
(Work+study..)ⁿ
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 04:16:40 pm »

From that site community Bluebaby get help in making Super MeatBoy and Binding of Isaac. There is a lot of helpful people/topics/etc

Also Abobo big adventures and Castle Crashers, but i meant games listed on website, not how communicty help in developing indie games.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 06:30:02 pm »

Creeper 1/2 is fun as hell, i must admit. Great game:)

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »

Limbo is fucking awesome.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »

Here. 2 of my favourite free-indie games:

TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins
Sidescrolling shooter series. With genetically enhanced penguin killing zombie penguins and cyber penguins.

Cave Story
Very good platformer. A bit older but it's a Classic among the freegames.
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 09:57:48 pm »

I like cave story :v
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 10:17:47 pm »

Indies > AAA releases

I'm sorry, but indies must be nerfed if big companies want to exist anymore. Am I against indies? Hell no! I'm kind of an indie game developer myself, I have about 3 working tech demos* of games, but since my texturing work or pixel art is just far from good I just end up with tech demos, because the graphical side of what I create tends to look terrible... Like, really terrible. It's really a shame I can't put these things to life, because sometimes the ideas are indeed good and the whole things works great too!

*Tech demo as not as a great achievement in game engine or graphics, but a tech demo which +/- has all the gameplay elements working, just needs to add story, proper levels and all other good stuff that makes games good.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 11:10:35 pm »

I like cave story :v
Did you get the good ending? Many people that played it don't know it actually has 2 endings... I didn't know about the second one until i googled the boss that was in credits but which I didn't see ingame.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 23 queries.