"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 11:25:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: How to PK in NCR with no consequences [GUIDE]  (Read 22989 times)

Re: How to PK in NCR with no consequences [GUIDE]
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

same with infinite caps exploit. and i think its even worse. some people exploited few millions of caps at beginning of era. killing few people in ncr is NOTHING compared to that and i havent seen anyone crying about these caps

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »

Killing people in ncr because you are bored is a time honoured fonline tradition, this pvp ban is sacrilege.
It is an insult to the great Egg God of NCR

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 09:28:17 pm »

Why so offensive about age?
I said nothing about age of anyone here, just asked what's the point of the thread and described how it looks from my point of view. I got the answers already, so... that's all.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 10:19:56 pm »

same with infinite caps exploit. and i think its even worse. some people exploited few millions of caps at beginning of era. killing few people in ncr is NOTHING compared to that and i havent seen anyone crying about these caps
Yeah, it is the same. It doesn't justify anyone to use this one, just because this isn't as bad as some other exploit. And I think there wasn't a guide about the exploit on the forums to create this kind of discussion.

Anyway, I'm just saying that making an guide how to use some exploit and then complaining about the actions devs do to prevent it, is just stupid. You just help to ruin the game for your and everyone else.
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 10:58:08 pm »

Infinite caps is different than blowing away people in a supposedly safe city.  But as it's been stated NCR was never safe anyhow, now there's just another noob way to mess with people. 

Age makes the difference really only in the fact that like it or not you do tend to learn things as you age that you don't learn just by being smart and those things learned are usually tied to the development of maturity.  A young person with a genius level Intellect will still be missing out on just a few things when compared to an older average intellect person.  I think that really is the debate of Wisdom vs Intellect.  But the SPECIAL doesn't have wisdom so no worries!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:00:51 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 02:00:15 am »

Infinite caps is different than blowing away people in a supposedly safe city.
You're right.  It's worse.

Infinite caps = almost infinite power.

Mercenaries...  swarms....  Ahhhh, those were the days.  So much like Starcraft Online.  You could potentially take over anywhere with enough leader alts and mercs to spam and have plenty left over to pound anyone who entered to death in a micro-second.  Remember destroying 5-10 fully geared people at a time with a single well-deployed squad.  Crazy shit.  Imagine 50.

Why it doesn't happen so often now continues to elude me.....  Especially with cheating being legalized.

if only if only, I had such power.  :'(
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 02:49:50 am »

I have few words for this topic, since I am the one whom disabled pvp in ncr after seeing topic's name. Apparently somebody did gave a shit about this.

Now to the matter at hand. As Trokanis said, this is a temporary matter untill the bug is resolved or minds are changed.
And yes, the thieves are a problem, but there's a thing, for nooby loosing few items to a thief is not as bad as loosing all items because somebody thought it will be fun to rampage in ncr. Besides, there's not much thieves loose when they get killed(if they loose anything at all). Oh, and refrain from witty and funneh comments that there's no new players.
And suiciders, those determined enought will keep doing so, but it will require more effort on their part.
Is this understandable enough explanation why no pvp will stay for now?

Aaand few more to clear things out:
It's also hilarious how it's been said by dev team in past that turning off pvp anywhere would never happen.
Let me illuminate before you gonna blind us with your rays of bullshit further. No pvp was turned on by me, not concerning with any dev, it is temporary. So let's stop trying to be small-minded and prejudice and draw strange conclusions just because there's an irresistible urge to open ones mouth.

so, you consider reporting a bug as something so awful that we cant trade anymore?
Say what you want but this guide is not a bug report, the best it can be is a spit at devs' face. We have bug tracker for bug reports in case you haven't figured that out.
Also! Please! Take your time and reread (or read) what Wipe posted.

And that's pretty much it. Cheers and have fun.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:54:49 am by Wire »
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 02:57:09 am »

It doesn't matter how many foolproof systems you guys add into NCR to avoid exploits, you will never take imaginary PVP away from me... Pew! pew! Pzzt! Brrrrrr!
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 02:59:33 am »

I don't think you have to weight any greater good of consequences in order to explain something, you did what you had to do.

Just an observation, players should really start to learn how to think for themselves, if there isn't someone presenting information on a plate, god everyone here goes into such crap with the limited data available and for what I can only guess.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 03:03:09 am »

Aaand few more to clear things out:Let me illuminate before you gonna blind us with your rays of bullshit further. No pvp was turned on by me, not concerning with any dev, it is temporary. So let's stop trying to be small-minded and prejudice and draw strange conclusions just because there's an irresistible urge to open ones mouth.
You should re-read what you say.  Really.  In this instance you made very little sense.

1.  What bull-shit?  What I said was the truth and nothing but the truth.  Dev team said that turning off pvp anywhere would never happen.  Ustillmad?  Tubad.

No pvp was turned on by me, not concerning with any dev, it is temporary.
Aside from the majority of this sentence be unintelligible,  I didn't say whether it was temporary or not, did I?  Assumptions assumptions...

So let's stop trying to be small-minded and prejudice and draw strange conclusions just because there's an irresistible urge to open ones mouth.
Now this has some merit.  But there's not much else left for this game.  It's really bad, boring, and grindier than any other game in existence, except maybe EVE online.  Jesus, literal corporations exist in that game.

God I wish we went back to the era before this wipe.  Best shit ever.  IT HAD IT'S QUIRKS BUT IT WAS FINE!  DAMN FINE!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:05:19 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »

Wire is pretty much mad here, I wonder what's the reason. the first time i told you Wire about this exploit you said it doesnt work at all or it works partially so i assumed it cant be considered as an exploit. you couldnt get it working? it was too complicated? why did you ask me earlier what was i doing with these slaves then? i dont get it. you said it works partially so? i successfuly killed many people and it always worked. even with 2 killers at 1 time, it still was working perfectly.

edit: about infinite caps exploit. they didnt say anybody because they were too greedy (why would anyone else has a caps? no way!) . and only few people abused it by camping 24/7 with tasker.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:02:33 pm by racoon »
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »

Aaand few more to clear things out:Let me illuminate before you gonna blind us with your rays of bullshit further. No pvp was turned on by me, not concerning with any dev, it is temporary. So let's stop trying to be small-minded and prejudice and draw strange conclusions just because there's an irresistible urge to open ones mouth.
Then why were the respawn tents suddenly turned into "No PVP" zones too ? Don't tell me that's "temporary" too.
Small-minded and with prejudice, highly ironic that you dare to use these words after what you and your good buddy mayk have done to me yesterday.

Back to topic : We noticed this bug quite some time ago, we needed to test it extensively since it didn't work out 24/7 . It took us some attempts, some were foiled by GM's, I think TWICE and they didn't notice it or looked like they cared back then. If it were for me I'd have abused it forever but racoon decided to report it, which is his good right as he basicly "found" it.

But a lil different topic, he might have been over reactive with this post BUT it immediately got attention and was temporary fixed right ? Even If I didn't rejoice much when I discovered the only thing I'm having fun, since uhh, this "great" season started, has been disabled.
 Good, this permament "devs will fix it in 2 years" Shit is not nice, but you need to realise the Dev's activity over this whole season gave us, the players, the (in my opinion true) illusion Devs have abandoned this a long time ago or take their time forever. Maybe because basic things haven't been implemented for a long time and still aren't. But IDK how often this has been discussed over, so I leave it be. And I  merely wanted to stress it is my opinion, hate me for it or not.

So whats the problem other then you claim to feel hurted again and go all the way bubu. The problem is solved and we realised you're working on it, thanks for that. Idk why, but you often act so exposed and hurted by such small things in the last weeks, sometimes its not even explicable .  You start sounding like those bluesuits I burst and then spat a tearful "FAK U" at me. This forum has more animosity-filled PVP then the game itself.

EDIT for forum mods: IDK how to contact you sorry, I'm not a expert on forums. Since I regard the middle finger and my name next to it as a personal insult, I demand that the forum user "August" promptly removes my name from his signature and is reminded proper netiquette. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:48:52 pm by Vile »
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 05:49:37 pm »

I just wanted people to have fun before it will be nerfed.

What you mean is "fixed" - bugs aren't getting "nerfed". It's already the second time that I see someone here use the word "nerf" instead of "fix" while talking about exploits. That must be a sign.
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 12:21:36 am »

What you mean is "fixed" - bugs aren't getting "nerfed". It's already the second time that I see someone here use the word "nerf" instead of "fix" while talking about exploits. That must be a sign.

Proof that for some people exploits are the only 'features' they care about I guess.  In either case it's in the cooker for being fixed so no worries.

Respawn tents should have been no pvp to begin with since there is a rule that flat out states IT'S AGAINST THE RULES to pvp in respawn areas.  The fact they made it forced could be as simple as being some how connected to NCR's current forced ban, or could be that more NOOBS have been breaking the rules again going all hur dah dur in respawn tents.  Yeesh get over it.  Pvp is still in all the important places.

The dev's have every right to be human from time to time especially when 90% of the time they deal with nothing but immature whiny people who pick apart EVERY single action they do, whether to fix, enhance, or balance something in game.  Hell be lucky and GLAD they have more patience than you guys do.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:30:00 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

jacky.

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 01:02:06 am »

Maby add no pvp zones in tc zones and nr :) or no loosing stuff feature?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.