"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 01:02:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A ton of questions from a newbie...  (Read 2991 times)

Battle Snap!

• Newbies gonna newb...
A ton of questions from a newbie...
« on: February 07, 2013, 07:11:18 am »

Hey, I started playing again FOnline 2238 today and I finally got my tent after my fourth created character and after 6 hours of playing, but still, I have alot of questions in my mind about the game...

1. ¿How to get a high number of caps easier than completing repetitive quests?

To be honest, the quests, the shit shoveling, the box lifting gives me, what? 50 caps? My goals like reaching Gunsmither Tier 2 need 4500, to get the magneto something to get in vault city it cost 3000, jesus, I cant even afford 500 to get daily pass to VC, so if someone can give me a tip I would really appreciate it.

2. ¿What faction should I join and what people should I stay away from?

I was thinking to join VC, but my Location Spawn was close to NCR and I have a tent near the city, but im not completely sure which to pick, another thing I would apreciate.

3. ¿What are the schedules for the Caps restock on the merchants?

I remember they had this, and every certain time, Caps would restock on all (or some) merchants, so you can sell stuff for them, but I cant remember the time.

4. ¿What are the best places to loot stuff like guns, ammo, gear and crafting items?

Give me a zone of the map that is good to loot good amount of stuff without getting melted down by mutant lasers...

5. ¿What is the best gun I should wear? (My proficiency is focused on Small Guns)

I remember that the H&K CAWS was a great weapon, but at my hands it was easily losed since I henced to die alot (I might still do). But a suggestion would be great.
(All im carrying for now is 10mm pistol from some dead marauder)

6. ¿Is the Power Armor or Enclave Power Armor able to be looted/bought/aquired in this game?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. ¿What should I do now that I have my tent?

Some direction would be nice, because certainly, now that I have the tent, my objectives are at "What the hell do I do now?".

8. ¿The bank accounts are able to be used in every city or just the city you created the account?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. ¿How much people is required to effectively loot "The Glow"?

My skills are Small guns, Repair, Outdoorsman, What is suggested to have to go to The glow, loot it and then get out?

10. ¿All the players in the server hang out in NCR?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. ¿If the PA or Enclave PA is not able to be aquired, whats the best ingame armor?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. ¿if Outdoorsman skill is 100% or above, do you get asked if you want to enter every single encounter?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. ¿If your proficiency with either Small Guns, Energy Guns, Big guns is 100% or above, this means you cant miss attacks with them?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. In Fallout 1 I finded a fu***** alien ship in the middle of the desert and looted a friggin' super ultra awesome laser gun ¿Can I find it in FOnline 2238?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that are all my questions for today, I might come with more tomorrow if all these are answered.

PS: Yes, I have played FOnline 2238 before, but it was long time ago and the game is so freaking hard I had to read the whole wiki again.

PS2: The first person to answer all this questions gets a cookie.

PS3: No PS3 without PS2. (Pun intended)
Re: A ton of questions from a newbie...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:44:12 am »

Well that is a lot of questions I'll help how I can.

1.  Find an active player faction join them don't base rape them, they will eventually help you with caps.  Or Make a slaver alt and get tons of slaves and sell them to Vortis in NCR, or Metzger in the Den.

2.  NPC factions aren't required anymore for much at this point it's better to join a player faction.

3.  Don't bother unless you have NO life and can camp them hard core, caps are sucked up within minutes of spawning at every merchant 9 times outta 10.  Sometimes you get lucky but we're talking 800ish caps.

4.  Everywhere has it's ups and downs, Around The Hub, Junktown and NCR are the lower level places that drop loot, along with near the Den, and Klamath.

5.  Whatever you can make or buy cheap and fast, you're gonna go through a TON of guns.  The best SG's are usually based on Build, if you're a fast shot a pistol is good but people will say you should use Energy weapons, if you're a burster then 10mm SMG if you can get one, sniper go with a pistol cause Hunting rifles are sorta shit.  Shotguns are ONLY good close range and that is more or less a tough fight.

6.  No.

7.  Get firewood and put it in the fire so you can make ammo from your tent, and use it to store stuff you don't need to carry with you, so When you die you have something to come back to.

8.  Banks are in each City only.  So NCR will only have your NCR caps and so forth.

9.  Depends on the level you want to reach the Glow, search the forums for the most recent thread about the Glow it answers all of what you want, and need to know. http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,27784.0.html

10.  No but Tons do, NCR is actually not a very safe place to be, there are Thieves, bomber/bursters, Tent followers, and more.  Be sure EVERY time you leave to check your followers in case you have a Klingon.

11.  Combat Armor MK II, and it's only looted atm.  Or traded from other players.

12.  You need more than 100% and even then you will always have a 5% chance of being forced into an encounter, even with 300% Od.  I believe however that 150% is reasonable.

13.  Same as OD, more so actually, again based on your build, 200% is the going amount for most builds, but if you're not a sniper you could probably live with 180% for the requirement for BROF and even then you will have 5% miss chance.

14.  No super phaser, however there are some special encounters that include weapons, items, vehicles.  (Not all in one though)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:49:10 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 07:47:57 am »

1. Selling spears to an NPC in Junktown gets some caps, aswell as gecko pelts to one in Klamath (Needs 3 charisma).
    Theres also the Tanker quest which has 10k caps, but you would need help with that one.

2. NPC factions arn't really worth joining, your better off making/joining a player one instead.
    There may be some recruiting here on the forums.

3. No idea.

4. The mutants vs NCR encounters and such have been removed, but if you mean to fight, theres NCR Army south of NCR
    Vault City patrols, and Unity around Broken Hills.

5. There is no 'best'. Some prefer to use the Sniper rifle, while others like shotguns.

6. No.

7. Thats up to you. Explore and learn the game could be one thing.
    Or join a faction.

8. The one you made the account in.

9. I hear people do it solo, but i've been only twice. Rad-X and Radaway are must-haves.

10. No. There may be a few decent players there, but the others are murderers and trolls.

11. Combat Armor MkII, which you can only get from NCR Army.

12. No, some zones require more skill to detect encounters. No matter your skill, you cannot have more than 95% chance to
     detect an encounter.

13. No, like #12, your max chance to hit will be capped at 95%. Though you need higher skill to be able to have a good chance 
     with targets at a higher range.

14. Nope, though there is one with a Gauss Pistol (The best and rarest small gun in the game).
     ranges. Range, your opponent

// Oh well, beat to it. Enjoy your cookie Trokanis  :P
Everything must change.

Battle Snap!

• Newbies gonna newb...
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 07:52:27 am »

Well, cookie for Trokanis, for not only answering first, but better than Boon Lived.  ;D

Im going to sleep now...

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:17:28 am »

1. Other than just selling slaves to Metzger, you should also do slaverun quests once your reputation is high enough (160 with slavers guild). You can raise it by selling slaves to Metzger (+6 per slave)... Payment is somewhat between 1-10K, depending on the type of slaverun you get and amount of hostile NPCs you have to kill (which is both pretty random).

Also keep in mind that the follower system is quite different than last session:

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Slavery
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Followers
SECTION 8
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:41 pm »

not possible. you can not get high number of caps by playing alone. but you can gather them quickly by doing slaverun quests. you can earn 1k - 10k for each of slaveruns.

2. ¿What faction should I join and what people should I stay away from?

none. npcs faction are useless.

3. ¿What are the schedules for the Caps restock on the merchants?

no idea about this one, sorry..

4. ¿What are the best places to loot stuff like guns, ammo, gear and crafting items?

37:31 - khans
29:18 - unity patrols vs rogues.
32:31 - ncr army
around vc - vc patrols

5. ¿What is the best gun I should wear? (My proficiency is focused on Small Guns)

depends if you're burster or crit shoter.. anyway best gun that's pretty common and possible to obtain with some effort is gauss gun. but i'd use 14mm/223 if you're crit sg, assault rifle for burster and assault/sniper for sniper

6. ¿Is the Power Armor or Enclave Power Armor able to be looted/bought/aquired in this game?

yes, gm can spawn it

7. ¿What should I do now that I have my tent?

gather 10k for base. make various characters and add them all to your base. farm avengers, ca mk2 and super stimpaks and go pvp.

8. ¿The bank accounts are able to be used in every city or just the city you created the account?

no idea...

9. ¿How much people is required to effectively loot "The Glow"?

i've heard about some guys who are doing it alone. but i think 3 is enough.

10. ¿All the players in the server hang out in NCR?

yes, and sometimes in other cities during tc.

11. ¿If the PA or Enclave PA is not able to be aquired, whats the best ingame armor?

combat armor mark 2

12. ¿if Outdoorsman skill is 100% or above, do you get asked if you want to enter every single encounter?

no, even 180% doesnt mean you can skip every encounter.

13. ¿If your proficiency with either Small Guns, Energy Guns, Big guns is 100% or above, this means you cant miss attacks with them?

it means you will miss a lot.

14. In Fallout 1 I finded a fu***** alien ship in the middle of the desert and looted a friggin' super ultra awesome laser gun ¿Can I find it in FOnline 2238?

no

Well, that are all my questions for today, I might come with more tomorrow if all these are answered.

PS: Yes, I have played FOnline 2238 before, but it was long time ago and the game is so freaking hard I had to read the whole wiki again.

PS2: The first person to answer all this questions gets a cookie.

PS3: No PS3 without PS2. (Pun intended)
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:51 pm »

Nothing in this game has a chance of 100%, you will always have at least 5% chances of failing miserably.

Vilgefortz

• not playing but still loving this game :)
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 04:24:47 pm »

9. 1.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 07:27:04 pm »

From what I've noticed, caps tend to regenerate at different rates depending on the dealer. It's hard to put down a number, but I'd say check back in 3-4 hours after you see them depleted.

Another good tactic is to trade for pelts or spears if you have farmed gear and there's no caps. Like if you see 20 spears in the barter window, that's 1000 caps which your follow players have just left laying around.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 08:20:33 am »

not possible. you can not get high number of caps by playing alone.

Lol probably one of the worst answers ever.

Such a lie. Working alone you can get plenty of caps, just need to be smart and productive. You don't need a 20 man team to make a million.

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 02:11:24 pm »

And how does that help anyone? Your post is just as useless as his was without an explanation how to grind caps effectively. For the record, so is this one too, but I can't help myself being a bitch :P
SECTION 8
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »

Lol probably one of the worst answers ever.

Such a lie. Working alone you can get plenty of caps, just need to be smart and productive. You don't need a 20 man team to make a million.

he didnt precised what amount he consider as BIG CAPS so i compared BIG CAPS to richiest players/gangs in game. alone you can make EASILY 100k caps, with some effort you can get yourself a bases, cars, items worth like 500k overally but its nothing if compared to gangs who has billions.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 06:52:21 pm »

roachors guide to wealth and fame:

Step one: Make this slaver build http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=6805

Step two: Do slaving runs/capture ravers and homeless

Step three: Profit???

Solo you can get 1-10k from runs every 2 hours but more importantly 8 slaves gets you 1300-1600 caps depending on how many males you get. It's easy to get thousands of caps with some simple grinding, I strongly suggest TB with combat shotgun, 3 shots brings them to -hp and you don't have to worry about them regenning hp until after you've enslaved them.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 07:42:31 pm »

I don't like that slaver.

What's with people making only SG slavers?  :-\
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 11:12:20 pm »

I don't like that slaver.

What's with people making only SG slavers?  :-\

It's the most efficient. You can craft thousands of shotgun shells easily(which you will need) and you do damage that is perfect for slaving. EW is too resource intensive to be effective, this build gets 7 shots of 25-35 damage and all it takes is metal parts, wood and gunpowder. Never need to restock at a store because you can make everything at your tent. I honestly think this build is perfect and can't be improved upon.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.