"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:34:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Followers flee automatically when player does  (Read 2332 times)

Followers flee automatically when player does
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:43:11 am »

When you run out of an encounter your followers should come with you instead of staying behind and fighting.

Re: Followers flee automatically when player does
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:10:01 am »

Agreed. My mercs currently prefer to be killed than to guard my life  :P
Everything must change.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:12:44 am »

not a bad idea.  +1
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:01:27 am »

Sounds fine, granted I would still tell them to flee manually since the 6-10 seconds of running to the WM while they try to fight may get them KO'd or murdered.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:30:41 am »

Something like an "all flee"-command in the merc control box, that makes your mercs and YOU flee the shortest route to exit grids could work.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 02:14:19 am »

I dunno if it does it with mercs but with my Travelers if I hit the flee button they all run for the exit in the direction I clicked.  Also I have seen them run away after I've been killed.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 12:02:18 pm »

I dunno if it does it with mercs but with my Travelers if I hit the flee button they all run for the exit in the direction I clicked.  Also I have seen them run away after I've been killed.
The issue is that the should follow to exit grid automatically when PLAYER flees.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 12:09:57 pm »

The issue is that the should follow to exit grid automatically when PLAYER flees.

Ah, well 2 clicks and they're on the move isn't bad.  I don't want to know the intuitive AI coding required for a follower to know the player is running without some form of prompt.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 12:53:40 pm »

If I'm not mistaken this was implemented so that mercenaries/slaves/followers couldn't be used as airstrikes and then vanished away to world map when their in combat, for balance purposes.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 01:12:10 pm »

What the whine topic, just right click and give them "flee" command is it to hard?
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »

What the whine topic, just right click and give them "flee" command is it to hard?

Yeah actually fleeing and opening the alt menu simultaneously in under 3 seconds without losing line of sight is a bitch. I don't see what "airstrikes" have to do with anything since people don't pvp in encounters, nor are most followers capable of pvp. But hey if you think wanting to change bad design is whining then keep playing this trash, clearly you're too stupid to know any better.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 03:04:47 pm »

Yeah actually fleeing and opening the alt menu simultaneously in under 3 seconds without losing line of sight is a bitch.

Are you kidding me? First you open alt menu and order them to flee, so it is advised to be in their range and only after that you run away, if you can't handle the most simplistic multitask while having multiple followers under your command, then I think you don't deserve them. ;D

Nobody will take you serious if you won't show some viable points here.

I don't see what "airstrikes" have to do with anything since people don't pvp in encounters, nor are most followers capable of pvp.

They do, now you can't commit to a fight with mercenaries and then just simply teleport them away to world map while other players might be fighting with them, it is a very good design and it makes sense why it is not only in towns, but also applies in encounters.

But hey if you think wanting to change bad design is whining then keep playing this trash, clearly you're too stupid to know any better.

I love how bad players think their good and "knows" better. ;D
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:11:34 pm »

Jesus christ you idiots are defending bugs now. You hire mercenaries to protect you, not to fight to the death against enemies you ran away from. There's no justifiable reason a merc would stay to get raped by deathclaws when his boss just ran the fuck away. I never said magic teleporting mercs, I said they would flee. The only reason it's like this now is because of poor design, it wasn't intended. The alt menu is sloppy and poorly designed and having to see a follower for them to hear your orders is retarded, what are they all deaf and need to be directed with sign language?

I honestly don't give a fuck how you think this effects pvp because it never happens on world map, stick to grid camping it's the only aspect of this game you know anything about. Stay out of my threads triptroll, I know you got all butthurt I called you out on being a pretentious asshole but that's no reason to pollute my threads with your spam.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:57 pm »

Jesus christ you idiots are defending bugs now.

Your post is garbage, you are a joke yourself incapable of reason or proper discussion, some casual player in denial with some game mechanics for own reasons what has been proven topic by topic, good luck for you to be heard.

I said what I had to say and I don't have to sink deeper in your meaningless details of what mercenary should be doing, nor your relative opinion on what is bad or poorly designed, it is simple, mercenary currently does what you order him to do and you have to command him in your line of sight.

you got all butthurt I called you out on being a pretentious asshole but that's no reason to pollute my threads with your spam.

Look who's raging here, it's not me who goes full retard here. ;D
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 01:42:30 am »

The commands are there, though in real time you're right it could be a bit of an issue if you're in a hurry.  Perhaps a streamlined command would be in order.  I haven't played around with the key commands laid out in the fconfig but if they could add a click then key command that could possibly do the trick.  The loyalty system is the RP reason why your merc's stay and fight to the death btw because if they have 100% loyalty they think you're worth more than their lives.  Don't let T-888 get to ya, he hides any point worth noting under a mountain of pretentious text so no matter what he's saying, he's still thumbing his nose at people.  The system isn't broken however, it just could use some tweaking, I don't run around in RT all that often but it's never been an issue for me.  (That's just me though and unlike T-888 I know that everyone has different styles of play)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.