"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:29:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: make resources infinite in mines  (Read 7546 times)

Re: make resources infinite in mines
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 02:46:09 am »

Anywho, umn having infinite resources in mines worked just fine in previous seasons. 

This subject has been discussed many times, previously it never did work fine. Spare me the unnecessary bullshit on the topic which has been digested over and over by players who have had a hard time using the search function and once in a while suck up some information, before declaring their far fetched opinion which is rubbish most the of the time.

... players used multiple alts to gain very much resources in a short period of time. Those who didn't know how to take advantage of it, simply were put at a disadvantage. That means unlimited amount of resources on demand and the restriction having whatsoever no reason to exist in first place, especially now that you can use alts easier than ever.

Current system might just need faster ore re-spawn time or even better the speed based on the amount of population in an ideal situation, this is something I have said before and it is quite plausible whether it is necessary.

Please try and understand what the post is about, not just a passing glance.

Like I'm just eye-balling each topic to just say something smart, right? Look, I'm very aware of what is this topic about and have been for a very long time as this is not the first time it has been looked at, the "issue" what most common players deem that as one.

What we're talking about is the ability for everyone to get some, not just the person who has the time to camp the mines and clean them out.  That's a far cry from resources and gear falling from trees and spawning at character creation.  Please try and understand what the post is about, not just a passing glance.

Everyone has the ability to gain them and I think most players are just over-exaggerating their availability, there are plenty of mines out there.

The one who is camping the mines cleans them out for profit and I see that as a very good thing, because it promotes competition around resources and also raises the value of items produced from these resources as they get more scarce.

It is plausible whether such an issue exists at all, because currently there is no objective indication that there is something wrong with the mines and the speed of ore regeneration. I have no idea what is the issue to be honest?

What do we have as a viable indication to confirm the problems existence? I don't really see anything except some rubber stretching, "oh I can't find any resources, mines are always empty, we need faster ore regeneration", that is nothing viable to consider.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:16 pm »

The one who is camping the mines cleans them out for profit and I see that as a very good thing, because it promotes competition around resources and also raises the value of items produced from these resources as they get more scarce.
Only thing it promotes is resignation from casual players who don't have time to combat autistic campers.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 12:44:58 pm »

Only thing it promotes is resignation from casual players who don't have time to combat autistic campers.
Sad to say,but it is true.
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »

That is an over-exaggeration, it could be adapted to just about any subject related to item availability and many other, something takes effort to gain, do, achieve => casual players go away.

I don't know how that is true, depends on what is a casual player for some. The game becomes useless as soon as it doesn't challenge the player to some extent, as well I never see fit to adapt the game to the player, but for the players to adapt to the game.

In other words, it is quite dumb to demand changes about everything you don't like and currently this change isn't supported appropriately.

I personally didn't even had problems extracting resources from mines at start of session with 300+ players online.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:14:00 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 01:14:31 pm »

Lot's of words, summed up as.  "I'm ok with current system."
Noted.

So I'm with Brujah and others, with server population right Now at this moment, 64 people, I received 17 ore (that's 8 metal parts and 1 useless left over) from Both Junktown's quarry and NCR's mine combined.  From Gecko's mine I got 14 ore *low quality* total after swinging on EVERY node in the place.  I cannot imagine how bad it is during peak time.  Let alone new players coming in trying to build anything and finding that there is no resources in the safe places to go, and none in the unsafe places.

Some of us didn't need a dozen alts in previous seasons, maybe it wasn't the best system but it sure was better than this.  I don't think that ore should fall from the heavens, if we're gonna have infinite spawn then a cooldown should be implemented.  I would say increase the holding capacity of the nodes but with Brahmins and such that won't help.  Maybe increasing the spawn time (by a fair amount) might help.  The point is Somethings gotta change. 

BTW while we're on the subject of resources any chance we could add in more space for electronic parts, getting only 5 is a little silly.

P.S.  Competition is a great thing, if every one has a reasonably equal chance, which doesn't exist here, there is NO competition, there is people with the time to sit and mine every where, and everyone else.  It's really an easy comparison to TC where people with Tons of FR alts take on people who don't.  Not what I would call a fair, good, or fun system.  This is a Game after all, I shouldn't have to put my whole life on hold just to get resources.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:17:35 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »

Noted.

No, it is not that I like current system, it is just superior.

So I'm with Brujah and others, with server population right Now at this moment, 64 people, I received 17 ore (that's 8 metal parts and 1 useless left over) from Both Junktown's quarry and NCR's mine combined.  From Gecko's mine I got 14 ore *low quality* total after swinging on EVERY node in the place.  I cannot imagine how bad it is during peak time.  Let alone new players coming in trying to build anything and finding that there is no resources in the safe places to go, and none in the unsafe places.

I just went to Gecko mine and nobody touches the truly valuable resources that could be traded for a lot of metal parts/alloys and other resources in general. It is funny that players don't bother to check other mines and consider alternative ways how to obtain the resources they lack. Simply put, players aren't adapting to the game, they want to see changes rather than adapt their play-style.

I'm damn sure I would just check for other resources in other mines and it would plenty enough for me to craft something and do something with it.

Some of us didn't need a dozen alts in previous seasons, maybe it wasn't the best system but it sure was better than this.  I don't think that ore should fall from the heavens, if we're gonna have infinite spawn then a cooldown should be implemented.  I would say increase the holding capacity of the nodes but with Brahmins and such that won't help.  Maybe increasing the spawn time (by a fair amount) might help.  The point is Somethings gotta change. 

No, it wasn't better before, there is not possible way it was better, because this is already discussed and you should read other discussions about this.

Nobody is going to change anything, because of some rubber stretching.

BTW while we're on the subject of resources any chance we could add in more space for electronic parts, getting only 5 is a little silly.

Shit, I can't carry everything, there is much more than that from where it came and what I'm holding.

After few months of playing after Wipe there is nothing to do in this game, because everyone has shitload of stuff, huraaaay, let's make it more easy to get stuff. Makes fucking sense.

Faction mod, MMO => players work together, multiplayer, rings a bell?

P.S.  Competition is a great thing, if every one has a reasonably equal chance, which doesn't exist here, there is NO competition, there is people with the time to sit and mine every where, and everyone else.  It's really an easy comparison to TC where people with Tons of FR alts take on people who don't.  Not what I would call a fair, good, or fun system.  This is a Game after all, I shouldn't have to put my whole life on hold just to get resources.

Everyone has an equal chance to compete, just get it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:49:37 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 01:44:03 pm »

resources infinite in an encounter mine?

Hehe not. I remember one of our gang members reporting resources depleted after many hours/days of botting and exploiting the place to the limit :P
damn, it was strange indeed.
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 01:46:26 pm »

Hehe not. I remember one of our gang members reporting resources depleted after many hours/days of botting and exploiting the place to the limit :P
damn, it was strange indeed.

It's not about that, some seriously think that previous alt madness in mines with gathering CD is a lot better than now.

It is kinda infinitive that way too.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:50:26 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »

Ok so T-888 posted that there is a ton of High quality stuff in the mines, that's great, too bad that has nothing to do with what we're discussing, which is the absence of Low quality stuff in mines. 

So this thread is about how we can hopefully make things better for resource gathering since there are some of us that feel the current system isn't working.  This system fair?  A few people with time can camp all the resources the rest get nothing?  Sorry must be something about different parts of the world.  There will ALWAYS be alt madness, *barring some way to remove alts*  Right now it's in FR, TC, before it was in gathering.  But at least back then a low level newbie could go into NCR Mine and get enough to craft something to actually start playing the game. 

Please, for the love of all that is holy, we understand you think the system is better than the last, we understand you're at least tolerant of the current system, can you please let us discuss how we might make it better for the rest of us.  Your posts are just hundreds of words saying pretty much the same thing as your previous posts, "We're all wrong, we don't know anything, other way sucked..."  I doubt there is a single person who has actually read this thread that Doesn't know your feelings on the subject.  Let's get back to Topic.   I've said how I think it could work better, at least as a broad stroke idea, I would love to continue hashing out the details with people interested in a better way.

BTW it's great you have millions of electronic parts ( ::) ) I personally don't have the time to constantly go back and forth to get a crap ton of stuff, I kinda want to do more in the game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:49:32 pm by Trokanis »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 02:55:09 pm »

lol so tripleight is basically saying "i have alot of stuff, fuck the rest". that, while ASSUMING there aren't new players joining in the game late-season.

you might want to tell me WHY my suggestion sounds retarded without offering me some pitiful wall of text? so you went to a mine ONCE and had the LUCK to find some resouces there. the point is that most the times, you don't get so lucky.

bottom line is, this system is flawed, because just one person can get every resource in the mine while the rest just pound rocks with "resources are depleted" message.

in my opinion with this suggestion, casual gamers could have a chance at playing this game.

you already get cooldown from crafting, cooldown from traveling from mine to mine (that if you don't use fast-relog), cooldown from getting bp's. cooldowns are everywhere. besides you would also get a cooldown from getting junk and electronic parts which some weapons use in their crafting recipe.

i don't understand how a few noobs crafting a few 10mm pistols will fuck the game. i just don't see it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:05:15 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 03:51:13 pm »

Ok so T-888 posted that there is a ton of High quality stuff in the mines, that's great, too bad that has nothing to do with what we're discussing, which is the absence of Low quality stuff in mines. 

Yeah, of course I don't understand anything were talking about and you sure aren't missing the whole.

Completely missing the whole point, I wrote.

I just went to Gecko mine and nobody touches the truly valuable resources that could be traded for a lot of metal parts/alloys and other resources in general.

See, you could make up for the lack of metal parts and just trade one resource for another, you know actually trade with other people basically find alternatives and play the goddamn game ...

It is funny that players don't bother to check other mines and consider alternative ways how to obtain the resources they lack. Simply put, players aren't adapting to the game, they want to see changes rather than adapt their play-style.

You rather whine on the forum than actually solve the problem, which you could easily do in no time and be swimming in metal parts and resources you lack with not much effort, but you have a hard time figuring something out.

So this thread is about how we can hopefully make things better for resource gathering since there are some of us that feel the current system isn't working.

I don't give a damn what you feel.

This system fair?  A few people with time can camp all the resources the rest get nothing?  Sorry must be something about different parts of the world.  There will ALWAYS be alt madness, *barring some way to remove alts*  Right now it's in FR, TC, before it was in gathering.  But at least back then a low level newbie could go into NCR Mine and get enough to craft something to actually start playing the game.

This system is fair, those who get the resources get to use them and decide what to do with them. Can't get resources? Try later, find an alternative, play the game. Stop this bullshit about new players, there are plenty of alternatives how to start playing and you are again over-exaggerating, that now every and single new player can't get resources, I said to spare me this bullshit previously.

Your reason is not well put, resources are plenty and nobody has to revolve around only public guarded mines, get the fuck over it.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, we understand you think the system is better than the last, we understand you're at least tolerant of the current system, can you please let us discuss how we might make it better for the rest of us.  Your posts are just hundreds of words saying pretty much the same thing as your previous posts, "We're all wrong, we don't know anything, other way sucked..."  I doubt there is a single person who has actually read this thread that Doesn't know your feelings on the subject.  Let's get back to Topic.   I've said how I think it could work better, at least as a broad stroke idea, I would love to continue hashing out the details with people interested in a better way.

Man what the fuck is wrong you with people, I say the same over and over, because you don't get the point. There is no indication that something is wrong with the current system at all, I see only some whining and far-fetched arguments about new players incapability to do anything, now your saying that you need this system better for everyone. So, what is the issue, you can't revolve around purely crafting and be a factory by yourself?

Working better? Fix something which working already? Right? It's just a mad fine concept, I've seen it before ruin good features.

I did however argument everything I said, you just have a hard time comprehending it and you boil down all that to.

We're all wrong, we don't know anything, other way sucked...

Simply you don't have any answers to what I have to say, you just keep blabbing some shit.

BTW it's great you have millions of electronic parts ( ::) ) I personally don't have the time to constantly go back and forth to get a crap ton of stuff, I kinda want to do more in the game.

Nobody needs that much stuff.

bottom line is, this system is flawed, because just one person can get every resource in the mine while the rest just pound rocks with "resources are depleted" message.

See he just talks some bullshit, no matter what I have said and I will say, people have hard time of comprehending.

Everyone has an equal chance to compete, just get it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:01:34 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »

ok, plenty of ways to get started. i agree. abuse reno blowjob bug at the start of the season. oh, it got nerfed after it got exploited to death by guys like you.
what's wrong with the fact that you can have an ALTERNATIVE to sciencing/farming?

that's the problem - resources AREN'T plenty. not for everyone. and when there's 50 players on the server and resouces still get depleted, there's a problem.

will you leave the game if there's infinite resources in mines? no. will a new player leave the game because he can't craft a 10mm pistol? yes. see the difference, you arrogant ass?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:02:12 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 04:03:21 pm »

Yeah Dope that is one of the big issues One person can camp and take it all leaving nothing for fresh players.  I would have considered the idea of just taking a bunch of the higher quality stuff and trying to trade for it, the problem still remains there isn't as much low quality floating around.  I can imagine some new player hiking all the way up to BH or Gecko getting a ton of HQ stuff then going to NCR and waiting to trade for LQ stuff, man that sounds like a great way to play a game.  I really don't think infinite without some sort of restriction though is the way to go.  Maybe a 30min or more cooldown.  Cause you're right there are already a ton of other forced cooldowns in game. 

If they can't return to a version of the old way, how do you feel about Resource nodes spawning in encounters?  That might be a viable alternative, though it is just more spamming encounters, it's better than not getting ANY resources.

War may never change but boy this system should lol.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:14:44 pm by Trokanis »
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 04:10:43 pm »

what's wrong with the fact that you can have an ALTERNATIVE to sciencing/farming?

And you do have the alternative and it good enough to be one. That is what you don't understand.

that's the problem - resources AREN'T plenty. not for everyone. and when there's 50 players on the server and resouces still get depleted, there's a problem.

Resources are just fine, the daily amount of resources accumulated through these mines in total is just immense, if you can't get the resources by mines, for the fucking ten thousand time, you can revolve around alternatives, you can find players who could sell it you for example.

Instead players don't want to adapt their play-style, you just want to be able to revolve only around crafting, you want the game to be the way you see fit for yourself.

will you leave the game if there's infinite resources in mines? no. will a new player leave the game because he can't craft a 10mm pistol? yes. see the difference, you arrogant ass?

If there will be infinitive resources in mines, it will get boring real quickly and value of these items will drop very fast and by a large margin.

New player will be and is able to craft necessary items and if not there are alternatives to get started of what you aren't aware it seems.

Do I need to make a new alt and go to some mines and do it and show screens to prove to you, because you are not capable of comprehending your own over-exaggeration?

I would have considered the idea of just taking a bunch of the higher quality stuff and trying to trade for itle alternative

War may never change but boy this system should lol.  ;)

I see this is hopeless, you are hopeless.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:12:29 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 04:15:01 pm »

Do I need to make a new alt and go to some mines and do it and show screens to prove to you, because you are not capable of comprehending your own over-exaggeration?

I see this is hopeless, you are hopeless.

do i need to prove to you that taking all the resources from NCR mine for example can only craft you one, maybe 2 m60's? that you can lose anyway in 2 seconds? do i need to make one or two characters for each mine in order to get resources?

fights this season are so many and so intense you can waste a few days worth of farming in one night.

are you that scared of an overabundance of 10mm pistol noobs trying to kill you in full gear in TC? don't make me laugh. advanced gear takes advanced workbenches which are mostly in unsafe places anyway and to top it off, advanced gear requires blueprints.

anyway, point proven. you avoided answering my question, so i assume you won't leave the game if resources are infinite while others do.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:18:58 pm by DeputyDope »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.