"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:25:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: make resources infinite in mines  (Read 7557 times)

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
make resources infinite in mines
« on: January 31, 2013, 09:10:06 pm »

make resources infinite in mines. nobody likes that you can't find any resources there, so why not?
Re: make resources infinite in mines
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:19:54 am »

Long time no mine, so it is crowded now?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:28:45 am »

Unless theres a cooldown with it, stuff would be too easy to get.
Everything must change.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:12 am »

stuff would be too easy to get.

the problem with that being? it's too easy to lose stuff anyway, so why not achieve a balance by making minerals/ore easy to get? you already have a 6hr cooldown on crafting anyway.

and think about it, people complain about fast-relog because there's too much grinding and stuff too hard to get compared to the ammount of fun you have. so if you make resources infinite, you compensate for the fast-relog being the pain in the ass that it is now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:15:25 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 06:48:55 pm »

Unless theres a cooldown with it, stuff would be too easy to get.

Some people have jobs and can't devote all day to making shit to later be able to play a game

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:40:50 pm »

Well it's been a known issue that the gathering system needs a rework.  I dunno if infinite resources is the right way to go, but it's gotta be better than the current system.  The old system was not a problem at least for me, and that was without tons of alts.  The fact that with an average of 60 players on (the times I play which is late for others) there is still nothing in almost EVERY mine is stupid.  Unguarded or guarded all give the happy 'depleted' message.  When they are 40 people online and you still get that I can't imagine during peak hours.  Sadly though it really comes down to putting cooldown back in, or making them infinite, cause if you just drastically increase their spawn and holding capacity I would be willing to bet that people will still farm them dry.  Seriously do people have nothing better to do than empty the mines?
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 09:24:56 pm »

Well it's been a known issue that the gathering system needs a rework.  I dunno if infinite resources is the right way to go, but it's gotta be better than the current system.  The old system was not a problem at least for me, and that was without tons of alts.  The fact that with an average of 60 players on (the times I play which is late for others) there is still nothing in almost EVERY mine is stupid.  Unguarded or guarded all give the happy 'depleted' message.  When they are 40 people online and you still get that I can't imagine during peak hours.  Sadly though it really comes down to putting cooldown back in, or making them infinite, cause if you just drastically increase their spawn and holding capacity I would be willing to bet that people will still farm them dry.  Seriously do people have nothing better to do than empty the mines?

I am one of the people constantly emptying mines with a Brahmin.  It's not that I have nothing better to do, but it's a great way to get stuff for my crafting characters.  In addition, my group of friends is pretty new, so we need to stock up our bases.  Also, a large source of our cap income comes through being a merchant, so I need things to sell!

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »

I am one of the people constantly emptying mines with a Brahmin.  It's not that I have nothing better to do, but it's a great way to get stuff for my crafting characters.  In addition, my group of friends is pretty new, so we need to stock up our bases.  Also, a large source of our cap income comes through being a merchant, so I need things to sell!

i can't wait to find you AND your brahmin in a mine and blow you up, give you a little warning.

and yes, i think you got nothing better to do.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:29:22 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 09:59:22 pm »

Haha, I'll look forward to the first time we meet, then :)
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:01 pm »

There ya go... The problem is not pro players crafting the minimal (truly minimal) amount of things that are worth crafting instead of just farming from NPCs, it's noobs crafting FN FALS and grease guns.
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 11:29:12 pm »

Well just remember that other people do play the game.  My group gets by just fine without needing to constantly empty the mines.  Try killing things in the wastes, sells just as good as crafted stuff and doesn't take as much resource to do.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 11:35:43 pm »

Some people have jobs and can't devote all day to making shit to later be able to play a game

Hey, I think I just understood why developers aren't active in these kind of issue threads or most of the topics at all, because talking to the larger part of the community is quite tiring. I discovered this just now thinking on how to answer that statement, but some feeling struck me that almost told me ... maybe it is just not worth the effort, because the individual will never change and that wrong kind of thinking is there and dumb shit is bound to follow, no matter how well you will answer it.

There is good reason why equipment takes effort to gain in these kind of games, if there weren't any effort required, the whole point and value of it would seize to exist.

make resources infinite in mines. nobody likes that you can't find any resources there, so why not?

Dumbest thing I've heard in a good while.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:43:48 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 01:40:42 am »

Hey, I think I just understood why developers aren't active in these kind of issue threads or most of the topics at all, because talking to the larger part of the community is quite tiring. I discovered this just now thinking on how to answer that statement, but some feeling struck me that almost told me ... maybe it is just not worth the effort, because the individual will never change and that wrong kind of thinking is there and dumb shit is bound to follow, no matter how well you will answer it.

There is good reason why equipment takes effort to gain in these kind of games, if there weren't any effort required, the whole point and value of it would seize to exist.

Dumbest thing I've heard in a good while.

Wow, just wow...  Anywho, umn having infinite resources in mines worked just fine in previous seasons.  What we're talking about is the ability for everyone to get some, not just the person who has the time to camp the mines and clean them out.  That's a far cry from resources and gear falling from trees and spawning at character creation.  Please try and understand what the post is about, not just a passing glance.

Jorhan Stahl

• Trust in players I meet in-game: 0%
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 02:06:16 am »

I think there needs to be either more ore rocks, or ore needs to regenerate a little faster.
That's the only issue I have. I have a bloody surplus of gunpowder right now because no one touches the minerals. Everyone just goes straight for the ores.
And I Get the job part.. I am at college (Different in the UK, and it's a different type of course, I'm 22) for pretty much most of the day and when I get home, due to time zones, everyone on the other side of the world is waking up, hence more players, hence more people grabbing the ores before anyone else can get to them.
Infinite ores would be a little stupid, no offence. Not a terrible idea, but if everyone could just sit there, with their brahmins or just on their own, mining away, stockpiling ore, then it'd cripple new players. Purely because there would be so many lower end weapons flooding both NPC and player markets, it'd be even harder to make caps than it already is.
I totally see where you're coming from however. It pisses me off no end when I need ONE more alloy to re-build the combat shotgun I lost because I was spawned too close to a vault city patrol for example, only to find no ores what-so-ever because people just grab and run, and I don't have the time or lack of a social life needed to sit there for 6 hours, counting down the seconds till the ore comes back.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 02:26:49 am »

Valid points

Oh don't get me wrong if it goes back to infinite it should have a Cooldown like in previous seasons.  But truth be told there is already a surplus of stuff in the merchants and no caps, having a TON of ore and minerals really won't change that, but I do see where you're coming from.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 6.268 seconds with 23 queries.